Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 10:48 PM)
I can't decide if I like the over time set up or not. I used to like it a lot, but it also kind of sucks that Tennessee's offense had no shot to stay in the game. Sometimes a coin flip doesn't seem fair.

It's awful. Plain and simple. Nobody can convince me otherwise.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 11:55 PM)
Well...the Bears want to beat the Steelers, they're going to need to hit Roethlisberger a lot more than that.

Ben really just seems unaffected by having the s*** beat out of him. He is probably the only QB in the NFL that can withstand that.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 11:54 PM)
Looks like Troy is out for a few weeks after fat boy Alge landed on his knee.

Ya.. didn't look good when they showed the replay. Definitely the MCL. Hopefully for the Steelers sake it's just the MCL.

Yet another player who gets hurt when put on the Madden cover.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
Mendenhall should be the starter soon, Willie Parker can't break a tackle to save his life.

It seems like if anyone takes over that job, it'll be Moore. Mendenhall had about 2 carries last night and was only on the field for about 4 snaps.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 11:54 PM)
Looks like Troy is out for a few weeks after fat boy Alge landed on his knee. Cutler should have a big game passing next week, and I'm guessing neither team will rush for 50 yards.

I love Polamalu and all, but I hope his injury puts him out for week 2.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)
Ben really just seems unaffected by having the s*** beat out of him. He is probably the only QB in the NFL that can withstand that.

Def. true, but you've got to keep getting to him if you want to avoid having him beat you. You shouldn't be able to totally stop Pittsburgh's running attack and at the same time give up 300+ yards through the air to them.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 12:09 PM)
The Williams Wall wins.

The NFL(read: Goodell) has been defanged

Bet the ranch that loopholes like this will be closed in the next CBA. It's going to take an extended work stoppage as is to get a deal done, might as well make sure something like this doesn't happen again while you're at it.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 02:03 PM)
Looks like Crabtree is going to sit out the year and re-enter the draft next year. What a jackass. That's what happens when you have Deion Sanders, Michael Irvin etc as "advisers".

He's not going to be picked in the first round. He's going to cost himself several million.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)
He's not going to be picked in the first round. He's going to cost himself several million.

Yep, it was just some speculation from writers at this point, so I decided to delete my post. I'm hoping that he really isn't that stupid.