Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
Seneca Wallace is no slouch.

No, he is one of the better backups, but even so, he is a good back up because he can run an offense that doesn't turn the ball over, but not run a high-powered offense.

He's still a downgrade over hasselbeck. Seattle is a tough place to go in and get a win, but they have way too much to overcome. I'm excited for sunday.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 02:49 PM)
With the injuries, this is definitely a very winnable road game for the Bears, and with Detroit coming to Soldier Field the next week, they should be looking at 3-1 headed into the bye week.

I'm making the trip out to Seattle for the game this weekend, see what the whole 12th man BS is truly about, hopefully watch the Bears bring home a victory, should be a good time.

Same here. I can't wait to hear the artificial sound...I mean 12th Man...live. I want to see if Qwest is louder than Lucas Oil; that place was rocking last year when I saw the Bears play in Indy.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

wtf is miami doing? first of all with 4 minutes to play at the colts 30 on 3rd and 6 they run the ball, and now down 4 they not only run the ball, but take the ENTIRE game clock off and then call a timeout with 1 second left on the play clock ...then they let the 2 minute warning run out....because they ran the ball twice

miami effectively cost themselves 2 TOs and a minute and half to get 6 yards...wow

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 08:24 PM)
wtf is miami doing? first of all with 4 minutes to play at the colts 30 on 3rd and 6 they run the ball, and now down 4 they not only run the ball, but take the ENTIRE game clock off and then call a timeout with 1 second left on the play clock ...then they let the 2 minute warning run out....because they ran the ball twice

miami effectively cost themselves 2 TOs and a minute and half to get 6 yards...wow

And they lost because they ran out of time.

47 minutes time of possession for the Fins, 13 minutes for the Colts. And the Colts won. That's remarkable.

Ridiculous.

Aside from the fact the score prolly should have been something like 28-3 with the way the TOP was.. what the f*** are you doing on that last possession??

You use way too much time, and you end up marching right down the field anyways. Horrible clock management for a game that should have been an EASY win.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
Gimmick Plays and a Noodle Arm QB could not pull out a game at home despite running over 200 yards and controlling the clock the clock for more than 3 quarters.

You dont think the blame shouldnt be put on the miami defense, for being so easily shredded while getting plenty of rest by the "gimmick" offense.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 01:17 AM)
You dont think the blame shouldnt be put on the miami defense, for being so easily shredded while getting plenty of rest by the "gimmick" offense.

The last possession by the offense is as much to blame as anyone for that loss. I feel for 'phin fans.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 10:34 PM)
And they lost because they ran out of time.

47 minutes time of possession for the Fins, 13 minutes for the Colts. And the Colts won. That's remarkable.

I thought you were exaggerating ( the Miami TOP was actually 45:07). But it's mind-boggling that a team could lose a game controlling the ball at that rate. I didn't see the game. The Miami defense must've been deplorable.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 12:20 AM)
The last possession by the offense is as much to blame as anyone for that loss. I feel for 'phin fans.

That drive was very pathetic by the offense, but losing that game is 100% on the defense and I dont know how anyone can see otherwise.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 12:14 AM)
That drive was very pathetic by the offense, but losing that game is 100% on the defense and I dont know how anyone can see otherwise.

Its not on the defense, its 100% on that last drive..

3 minutes to go, 2 time outs and the two minute warning. THEY RAN TWO DRAW PLAYS TO START THAT SERIES!!!

How about when Chad Pennington let 30 seconds run off the clock before burning a TO?

How about the 3rd and 1 sneak they ran with 20 seconds left and no time outs to get that 1st down?

Even WITH all of that they were still moving the ball down the field.. you manage that right and you can actually have a chance to win that game instead of hoping for a miracle last second pass.

And yeah, the defense couldn't tackle anyone but Miami had the perfect opportunity to engineer a game winning drive with plenty of time on the clock, and they blew it..

QUOTE (T R U @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 01:51 AM)
Its not on the defense, its 100% on that last drive..

3 minutes to go, 2 time outs and the two minute warning. THEY RAN TWO DRAW PLAYS TO START THAT SERIES!!!

How about when Chad Pennington let 30 seconds run off the clock before burning a TO?

How about the 3rd and 1 sneak they ran with 20 seconds left and no time outs to get that 1st down?

Even WITH all of that they were still moving the ball down the field.. you manage that right and you can actually have a chance to win that game instead of hoping for a miracle last second pass.

And yeah, the defense couldn't tackle anyone but Miami had the perfect opportunity to engineer a game winning drive with plenty of time on the clock, and they blew it..

You know as bad as that drive was, Ginn dropped a very catchable ball that should have been a TD. But again, that last drive shouldnt have been necessary if not for the pathetic display of the miami defense. Manning completed 14 passes and he was over 300 yards, they were on the field for less than a quarter..... that loss gets blamed on the miami defense or lack there of.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 01:19 AM)
You know as bad as that drive was, Ginn dropped a very catchable ball that should have been a TD. But again, that last drive shouldnt have been necessary if not for the pathetic display of the miami defense. Manning completed 14 passes and he was over 300 yards, they were on the field for less than a quarter..... that loss gets blamed on the miami defense or lack there of.

He was over 300 yards because they had that bulls*** 80 yard TD pass on the first play of the game.. And that ball wasn't as easily catchable as you make it seem but its a ball that prolly should have been caught. It was a floating jump ball, I don't expect that to be a guaranteed catch every time, but its a play that should be made.

239 rushing yards vs. 61 - this should ALWAYS be a victory.

Time of Posession: 45 min vs. 15 min - this should ALWAYS be a victory.

Third Down Efficiency: 15/21 - 71% - this should ALWAYS be a victory.

It was a freakish loss, but I will be more than pleased if the rest of their games are production like this.

Anyways, like I already said, when you have 3 minutes left in the game with 2 time outs and the two minute warning and you piss it away that's completely on the offense and coaching staff right there. It wasnt a matter of them not being able to move the ball because they did. It was managing the clock, running draws and sneaks with no time outs remaining and a complete lack of urgency that lost them the game.

The defense was weak in some areas (missed tackles, covering the TE) but other than that you cant blame the defense for losing a game that was dominated by our offense the entire game.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 04:03 PM)
Same here. I can't wait to hear the artificial sound...I mean 12th Man...live. I want to see if Qwest is louder than Lucas Oil; that place was rocking last year when I saw the Bears play in Indy.

Had some friends go when the Bears were there a couple years ago. They said they were impressed with how loud it was, but they also said it seemed like many fans were more interested in being the 12th man and yelling as loud and as much as they can, then actually caring about the Seahawks and the football game. We will see, definitely excited to head out there

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 09:16 AM)
I think AB will give it a go no matter what, and it was encouraging that he walked off the field as opposed to being carted or half-carried off. Anderson has filled in pretty nicely so far, and Ogun has been at a Pro Bowl level so far

A few minutes after being helped off the field, I saw Brown jumping up and down on his own weight trying to get the fans excited. I'd say he'll be okay.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 09:30 AM)
Anyone else got an opinion on Harris from these first 2 games? I'd actually be curious to hear it. Usually with a quality DT, you don't always notice what they're doing because they're not the ones getting to the QB, you notice them when you see that the outside guys and LB's are getting to the QB because the DT is blowing up the center and you notice them in the stats when you see that the opponent's running game sucked.

Garbage, absolute garbage. He'll be cut at seasons end.