Sox vs. Tribe 5/13 @ 11:05

QUOTE (rexy2006 @ May 13, 2009 -> 08:12 AM)
No Thome, no Q. Lillibridge is in. Buehrle on the hill.

Dont like Lilli in, but who else would you put in there?

Get them on, get them over, get them in. Lee doesnt give up many homers. Need base runners.

He's alternately thrown shaky and quality starts. I vote shaky. Run support has been scattered.

:bringit

Come on boys, bring home a White Sox win. :headbang

Welcome aboard!!!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2009 -> 08:18 AM)
Pods hitting 2nd and Fields at 6th tells you everything you need to know about our AAA line-up.

Earlier in the season I said our Birmingham line-up was stronger, and you can definitely make that case versus what we've had to put out there the last couple of weeks. Just the very presence of Lillibridge screams "automatic out" and the reverse Thome shift to RF for Lilliquist as Harrelson calls him.

Shutup. Konerko, AJ and Dye are >>>>> every clown in Bham. Thats not a knock on Bham, just stating facts and if we brought that Bham team up we'd have the worse offense in baseball history. Thats not say some guys would turn into good players, they would in time, but give me a break.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:28 AM)
We should really treat Brent as a pitcher. With the runner on 1st and 1 out he should be trying to get a bunt down.

Ugh, come on Ozzie. You know he's less dangerous at the plate than a lot of pitchers, he needs to be bunting to stay out of the DP.

I swear Getz is faster than Lillibridge and might have beaten the relay there.

Esteban Belte, Jr., your ticket is already purchased for Charlotte Friday.

Yesterday was the first time all season we beat a pitcher who entered the game with a +6 ERA, and we face three "no names" (Cecil is known to some) at Toronto, where we've won about 1 of our last 10 games against TOR.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:30 AM)
Ugh.

Seriously...aren't you 2 supposed to be the fast ones?

That's what I thought as well. The double play wasn't turned particularly quick and he still was out. Additionally, Lillibridge seemed to lean out of the box when making contact for the pitch.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:31 AM)
I swear Getz is faster than Lillibridge and might have beaten the relay there.

Esteban Belte, Jr., your ticket is already purchased for Charlotte Friday.

Again, with Lillibridge, I just don't get his whole set-up. He's got the bat held high, with his hands way up above his shoulders. Now here's a guy whose swing is too long; why would a hitting coach let a guy who can't get around on the ball start so that he has to bring his hands down and then try to catch up?

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:33 AM)
Jordan up to Bham. Hawk just made him sound like a major leaguer already; easy there Hawk. Good to see he's up hangin out with all his future buddies tho

Jordan has now slumped to .429 as we speak.

I'm with Harrelson, Birmingham is a lot more interesting than the major league club.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:33 AM)
Jordan up to Bham. Hawk just made him sound like a major leaguer already; easy there Hawk. Good to see he's up hangin out with all his future buddies tho

He's more of a major leaguer than Big Brent.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 13, 2009 -> 09:17 AM)
Josh didn't have a chance in hell against Lee. Hopefully we find a way to squeeze in a hit or 2 today, I'd rather not be no-hit.

Josh has no chance against most guys. His swing is awful. The way he loads prevents him from ever being able to hit a good major league fastball. He brings his hands forward and than far back at the start of his swing and by the time he finally is bringing the bat forward its too late. Its just far too long of a load/trigger.

Its why he's usually so effective against breaking pitches but if you can't hit a fastball you can't play in the majors and its why I've always said the Sox should deal Fields. I keep hoping I was wrong and early on this season his swing was looking a bit shorter but bottom line is that I have major doubts but he's a great guy and has solid speed for a 3rd baseman and decent defensive ability so I hope he pans out.

But I personally would consider dealing him for a young pitcher that has upside but has maybe struggled his first go-round in the bigs and go for a struggling former top prosepct for a struggling former top prospect trade. Especially since we could use some pitching help anyway. I'd than get creative to find a CFer and just for the time being go with a Nix/Ramirez/Getz infield combo.

Note: I don't think that its necessarily a good idea, rather I'd like to get something for Fields and would love a pitcher (or Cfer for that matter).

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:34 AM)
Again, with Lillibridge, I just don't get his whole set-up. He's got the bat held high, with his hands way up above his shoulders. Now here's a guy whose swing is too long; why would a hitting coach let a guy who can't get around on the ball start so that he has to bring his hands down and then try to catch up?

I agree man. Seems like you'd want to start as small as you can, especially with this shot at the big leagues he may never get again.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2009 -> 11:35 AM)
Jordan has now slumped to .429 as we speak.

I'm with Harrelson, Birmingham is a lot more interesting than the major league club.

I'm sure there is a birmingham forum somewhere...