Tigers @ White Sox GAME 1 1:05pm WGN-HD

WSoxMatt

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 02:15 PM)
don't let that average fool you. he's still not in hitting shape. once he gets there, i fully expect his average to get closer to .200. he just needs a few more weeks, then he'll really start raking.

/ozzie.

I almost get the feeling that Ozzie is trying to prove the fans wrong when they say this guy sucks. Its amazing he is on a major league roster. He would easily make it through waivers IMO.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
I almost get the feeling that Ozzie is trying to prove the fans wrong when they say this guy sucks. Its amazing he is on a major league roster. He would easily make it through waivers IMO.

No way, he'd be gobbled up immediately. Everyone needs a talentless hack batting 9th in their lineup.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 02:16 PM)
Bring up Flowers and Danks2. I am done with AJ and his s***ty D, when we could have an on-base monster there playing equal D at worst. Danks is better right now than Wise no doubt and will be better than Anderson. Start Beckham everday at 2b and make Getz a super utility player.

and flowers just comes up and has a .400 OBP right? He won't struggle at all like Beckam, and will just be all-star caliber from day 1?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)

I think Wise would be a solid player if he played for the Joliet Jackhammers.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)

He already did once.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
and flowers just comes up and has a .400 OBP right? He won't struggle at all like Beckam, and will just be all-star caliber from day 1?

Obviously not. But we are not going anywhere, why not let him come up and get his bumps out of the way in a season where nothing is going to happen? AJ still has some trade value. I also think Flowers would have a better OPS than AJ right now. He would def. walk more and bring more power. Prolly bad average, but this season is lost, bring on the youngsters b/c I can't take this s*** anymore.

Edited by maggsmaggs

I have been watching the debacle o WGN and taking a moment to check in. At least what I am seeing isn' my imagination. A nightmare maybe, but we are all having the same bad dream. What a pathetic offensive dispaly again

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 08:20 PM)
Wise is such a bad player, put pods un CF and live with the D, put getz at 2b and leave beckham at 3rd, for the love of god

Ozzie

You have to have a bench-the reserve players to work with-but making changes like you suggest would leave us nothing. However, I am not saying you are wrong.

I'm compiling a list of pitchers who hit better than Wise:

* Matt Cain - .263/.364/.263/.627

* Dan Haren - .259/.259/.333/.592

* Johnny Cuerto - .174/.208/.174/.382

* Chad Billingsley - .240/.321/.280/.601

* Zach Duke - .238/.292/.333/.625

* Doug Davis - .208/.208/.292/.500

* Derek Lowe - .190/.261/.190/.451

* Carlos Zambrano - .259/.286/.519/.805

And this was just out of the top 20 NL ERA leaders. If I kept going, I'm positive I'd find at least 10-15 more.

EMBARRASSING!