Wise - "Keep Booing Me"

Heads22

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 07:43 PM)
I don't blame Wise. He's trying to play with what he's got. What he's got is a game suited for AAAA. But I mostly blame Kenny for not getting a viable 4th OFer option who can hit, get on base, play defense, has speed and can handle the bat. Wise has speed and can play defense.

Speed? He has 0 SB's an 2 CS. He defense is good, but that's it. He shouldn't be batting 5th and getting 4 AB's a game. He should be a late inning defensive replacement at the most.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 01:58 AM)
Speed? He has 0 SB's an 2 CS. He defense is good, but that's it. He shouldn't be batting 5th and getting 4 AB's a game. He should be a late inning defensive replacement at the most.

The speed was from last year. IIRC, he had success there. But before you get the idea that I'm defending him, I said he's a AAAA player. He should not be on the sox, even as a defensive replacement.

I'm sick of complaining about guys on our team who can't hit.

We have a batch of them. Why single out Wise?

Anderson is not exactly Mickey Mantle at the plate.

And yes, I agree Wise sucks. But it's sort of like complaining about Walker. He's here; deal with it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
I'm sick of complaining about guys on our team who can't hit.

We have a batch of them. Why single out Wise?

Anderson is not exactly Mickey Mantle at the plate.

And yes, I agree Wise sucks. But it's sort of like complaining about Walker. He's here; deal with it.

If you're sick of complaining, then don't do it.

I'm just sick of seeing Wise sent out there, hitting 5th, and going 0-fer again. I would rather see any of the young guys out there. Call someone up, anyone at this point. Anderson and Getz both have multi-hit games in the last week which is more than Wise has in the last month. He still has 0 runs, 0 RBI, 0 SB, and 0 XBH with 1 BB all season.

If there is no other option, fine, but at least bat him 8th or 9th, not 5th.

What is stupidity" Isn't it doing the same thing over and over and expecting diffferent results. I would say right now we need to get a cf/ outfielder and there seems to be only one outfielder in our minor league system doube a or higher that is hitting in the 300s and that is Jordan Danks. It has been said that he is already can play solid defense. What if he can't hit at this level well Danks can have on the job training at the mlb level and I believe his hitting could be no worse than Wise's .133 while we already know he has a much higher upside.

I think the minute we get about half a dozen back in the division, and things don't look bright for us to get back in the race, that's about the only time we'll be seeing this organization look to Danks2 as a legitimate option. He still has a lot of things to work out in the minors, remember he was never as polished as Beckham was throughout his baseball career.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 11:38 PM)
I think the minute we get about half a dozen back in the division, and things don't look bright for us to get back in the race, that's about the only time we'll be seeing this organization look to Danks2 as a legitimate option. He still has a lot of things to work out in the minors, remember he was never as polished as Beckham was throughout his baseball career.

Danks did well in Arizona fall league and so far he is moving fast in our minor league system. I realize he doesn't have Beckhams polish and perhaps he does need a little more seaoning in the minors. If we play Anderson everyday in center we could use a nice lefty bat off the bench or fourth outfielder. In our minor league system we just don't have much I believe a trade could be the order of the day. But I'm not sure who is available for KW. I don't want to say fields as trade bait for another outfielder but that is about all that I would give up .

DeWayne Wise is awful, and this weekend did nothing to convince me otherwise. I booed him every single time he came to the plate (and every time he got out right after coming to the plate), and will continue to do so until he is released. There is absolutely no reasoning for him to be on the major league roster anymore.

I've never understood booing.

We all know he sucks. Why would you boo him? What does that prove or help?

That you know he sucks? Everybody knows he sucks.

Why not just stand up and boo Ozzie? Scream Ozzie's name? Why would you boo Wise? If somehow he heard you it would not help him get a hit and don't you want the Sox to win?

Send Ozzie and KW letters? Threaten to boycott the games? Why boo Wise?

Yes he sucks EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 01:09 AM)

Why not just stand up and boo Ozzie? Scream Ozzie's name? Why would you boo Wise? If somehow he heard you it would not help him get a hit and don't you want the Sox to win?

Wise sucks and for the 11% ticket increase in 2009 and nothing to show for it, I and anyone else can boo all they want Wise would not play on any other MLB team at all! :bringit

Edited by Soxfest

Why should I let one player wreck my ballpark experience? How am I supposed to single out 1 player but enjoy the others? Oh right, boo him.

I don't think "everybody knows that" Wise sucks. Why does Ozzie keep trotting him out there and why is he batting him 5th? Why doesn't he ask KW for a better option? Why doesn't KW get a better option?

QUOTE (forrestg @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 04:58 AM)
Danks did well in Arizona fall league and so far he is moving fast in our minor league system. I realize he doesn't have Beckhams polish and perhaps he does need a little more seaoning in the minors. If we play Anderson everyday in center we could use a nice lefty bat off the bench or fourth outfielder. In our minor league system we just don't have much I believe a trade could be the order of the day. But I'm not sure who is available for KW. I don't want to say fields as trade bait for another outfielder but that is about all that I would give up .

If Danks was called up, IMO, it'd be Anderson who would be the 4th OFer. Brian has just about used up his options as a starting, everyday CFer for the Sox. Danks needs to play everyday, like Beckham, whether it would be in Chi, Charlotte or Birmingham.

If Anderson/ Wise don't show much in a few weeks, I'd expect Danks to come up. He could give the sox similar defense with prob. more offense than the Wise/ Brian combo.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 09:43 PM)
I don't blame Wise. He's trying to play with what he's got. What he's got is a game suited for AAAA. But I mostly blame Kenny for not getting a viable 4th OFer option who can hit, get on base, play defense, has speed and can handle the bat. Wise has speed and can play defense.

Agreed.

Wise should be in AAA, but it's not his fault that Ozzie and Kenny think he should be playing in Chicago. I doubt he goes out there every day not trying or caring. Hopefully they send him to Charlotte, but until they do you just have to hope he doesnt get much PT but when he does that he does well. This is really on Kenny and Ozzie, not on Wise.

And LOL @ the people who want to bring up Cook. Really? I know Wise hasnt done s***, but you're advocating bringing up a 28 year old hitting .250 in AA with very limited experience even in AAA? Really? If they did indeed call up anyone to replace him it'd would have to be Restovich or Phillips (if he can play the corner OF spots).

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 09:09 AM)
Agreed.

Wise should be in AAA, but it's not his fault that Ozzie and Kenny think he should be playing in Chicago. I doubt he goes out there every day not trying or caring. Hopefully they send him to Charlotte, but until they do you just have to hope he doesnt get much PT but when he does that he does well. This is really on Kenny and Ozzie, not on Wise.

And LOL @ the people who want to bring up Cook. Really? I know Wise hasnt done s***, but you're advocating bringing up a 28 year old hitting .250 in AA with very limited experience even in AAA? Really? If they did indeed call up anyone to replace him it'd would have to be Restovich or Phillips (if he can play the corner OF spots).

Are you actually championing a 31-year old career journeyman AAAA as a better option, then a 28-year old kid who’s yet to fail at the big league level?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 08:09 AM)
Agreed.

Cook and his .885 OPS, 1.083 in June, has a much better chance at success than Wise does IMO. But he hits RH so Ozzie wouldn't take him anyway. Kroeger also would likely do much better, but, he isn't a CF. I think these are both silly reasons, especially since Wise doesn't play CF any better than Pods (probably worse) anyway, but that is the Ozzie mindset, I think. Kroeger or Cook would be far better choices than Wise.

Doesn't matter though, this has been suggested ad nauseum, and they are sticking with Wise.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 08:14 AM)
Are you actually championing a 31-year old career journeyman AAAA as a better option, then a 28-year old kid who’s yet to fail at the big league level?

Seriously, just look at Wise's numbers this year, and for his career, minors or majors. Now tell me that you really think Cook, or Kroeger, would be likely to do worse. I'm not sure its possible to do worse than Wise is doing at the plate right now. And those two aren't 31 year olds who have had 6 shots at the majors and failed each time.

I wouldn't say that Wise failed in 2008. At the role of bench player, he did just fine. The problem was that he was being used way too much and got exposed, which wasn't his fault. But "not failing" is not the same thing as "being good." For some reason it seems to count with Wise.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 09:14 AM)
Are you actually championing a 31-year old career journeyman AAAA as a better option, then a 28-year old kid who’s yet to fail at the big league levelwho's yet to succeed at the AAA level?

LOL. Nice logic.

First off, I don't believe I "championed" Wise at all in that post, but good try (I actually stated twice that he should be in AAA). Secondly, just because Cook "has yet to fail at the big league level" means he's a good option? Hell, with that logic let's call up Shelby or Gartrell since they have yet to fail too. Third, I listed two options who should be called up. It continues to baffle me the man-love people get for certain non-prospects in this organization to the extent where they feel they will succeed at the major league level for no real reason. How many 28 year old players hit at .250 at AA and go on to have solid major league careers?

I get it, people here love David Cook cuz he can play CF and had a good year last year. But look at reality, the odds of him being a major league player are almost non-existant. I'd call up Kroger, Restovich, Phillips, maybe even Daryl Ward before even considering calling up David Cook right now. All he's done this year is jump Lillibridge on the depth chart. It might be different if he was having a year like last year, or if he was doing this in Charlotte, but he's not, pure and simple.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 09:00 AM)
Wise now a -8.8 VORP. Only 6 players worse than him on BP's listing. Kind of funny to see him right there with the likes of Darin Erstad.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statisti....php?cid=496184

Meanwhile, Delmon Young = fail.

It's nice to see the Twinx lose a deal so decidedly.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 08:42 AM)
Meanwhile, Delmon Young = fail.

It's nice to see the Twinx lose a deal so decidedly.

Yeah, and he is just as bad as Chris Young no less. So maybe getting rid of him was not such a bad idea after all.

Nobody could fail as badly as D'Wayne Wise. Anybody that was brought up could do exactly what he does.

There is no debate. Wise has done nothing all season and therefore anyone could do the same.

A younger player may actually succeed a little, who knows.

The credability of the KW/OG is taking a hit on this one he really adds nothing to this team.