GameThread: White Sox (28-33) v. Brewers (33-27) 7:05 WCIU

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 07:56 PM)
My question is why was Pods playing so deep with Suppan at bat?

1) Because Pods is afraid to go back on balls

2) Because Alexei has the most range into the outfield and down the foul line of any SS in the American League

Still very stupid....how many times will Suppan drive a ball to LF over Pods' head? 1% of the time? You have to play the percentages and "dare" him to beat you.

And the ghosts of 2007 are approaching even closer...the only question is what players will remain on the team at the end of the season and how will Ozzie's and KW's sanity hold up with another season like they promised they would NEVER go through again?

Edited by caulfield12

Clutch two-out hitting.

Wow, that's what it looks like??

Gordon's not striking out very much, but his contact just hasn't been very solid in terms of producing line drives like in ST or in the minors.

Wow, a Fields pop-up? There's a surprise.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 08:50 PM)
102 for Richard. Still would have let him finish the inning. Did not seem to be tiring.

It was to premature to take him out. Let him try and finish the inning at the very least.

Ozzie likes to take his pitchers out before they have an opportunity to lose, and I freaking hate that idea. You should let the pitchers have the opportunity to win.

And that, in combo with our god awful defensive positioning with the pitcher at bat, is gonna cost us the game, most likely.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
It was to premature to take him out. Let him try and finish the inning at the very least.

Ozzie likes to take his pitchers out before they have an opportunity to lose, and I freaking hate that idea. You should let the pitchers have the opportunity to win.

And that, in combo with our god awful defensive positioning with the pitcher at bat, is gonna cost us the game, most likely.

wtf, he's on 3 days rest!

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)

Well, what does it tell you that we're advocating leaving Clayton Richard, basically a rookie paid minimum wage, over using Octavio Dotel, a veteran pitcher who is paid $6.5 million a season to get those types of outs???

Clayton is pitching on 3 days' rest and if the bullpen can't hold a two run lead, we don't deserve to win anyway. Not to mention the fact that our offense mustering an amazing output of 2 runs against Jeff Suppan isn't going to win more than 10-20% of the games with an offense (albeit sleeping/dormant) like the Brewers have.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)

It's June, he's pitching on short rest, and he's still a rookie.

Ozzie made the correct decision taking him out.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
I wonder if Aaron Poreda is going to start bringing a book to the pen with him? He has a lot of time on his hands.

I was thinking the same thing. All the proponents of bringing up starting pitchers and putting them into the bullpen need to pay close attention to what's happening here. Long relievers are rarely used for us, and if he's not starting, he'll rarely find consistent time to pitch with Hanging Slider Carrasco, Dotel, Linebrink, Thornton ahead of him.

If he's not pitching consistently he should be starting in Charlotte.

It's time to bring him in with a 6-2 lead.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)
It's June, he's pitching on short rest, and he's still a rookie.

Ozzie made the correct decision taking him out.

It's one freaking game. He's still very young, I think his arm can take another 10 pitches. Do you want to win, or are you worried about the effect an extra 10 or so pitches will have on his long term future?

Give me a break. There's a big difference between severely overworking a pitcher than there is by giving the pitcher a chance to win the game by increasing his pitch count by 10 pitches in one game.

If Richard's arm falls off because he threw 115 pitches in a game when he's 25 years old, well... he didn't have long for this game in the first place.

Here's what I have to say now, before Poreda pitches.

PLEASE, DONT WALK THE FIRST HITTER

Infact, dont walk anyone. He already knows what Guillen expects of him, and he'll have a difficult time finding work if he's nibbling.