Quentin Showing off in Charlotte

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 06:57 AM)
I know it is a circular thing, but Manny is much better known, and that gets viewers. He is a loud, outgoing personality. If your paycheck depended on viewers, who would you put on Sportscenter?

If it pissed people off as much as they claim, they'd shut their T.V. off and force them to show what they claim to have.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 12:22 PM)
I wouldn't be suprised if CQ is our DH next year.

No, he'll be in the field. He has something that will go away, and possibly never come back. It just takes quite a long time. I've had it and it took at least 2 months and even then I wasn't pounding my feet like Quentin, I went for no impact exercising although I do walk a lot. Nocioni had it with the Bulls and eventually returned and has played basketball over a year now without incident. The only question I have, is Quentin one of these guys who the injury bug will bite every year. None of his injuries appear related, that almost scares me. Some guys just seem more apt at being injured than others.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
He would probably be 4th in line for that behind Thome, Konerko, and Dye, so I doubt it.

doesnt thome have an option for next year....i dont think the sox will pick it up and i'd rather keep paulie at first so i would say it would be either JD (if we can keep him) or quentin

CQ apparently running around like a goat tonight.

Plays involving CQ so far:

Carlos Quentin out on a sacrifice fly to left fielder Brandon Pinckney. Miguel Negron scores.

Brandon Pinckney singles on a line drive to left fielder Carlos Quentin. Brandon Pinckney out at 2nd, left fielder Carlos Quentin to second baseman Keith Ginter.

Melvin Dorta doubles (8) on a line drive to left fielder Carlos Quentin.

Brandon Pinckney singles on a ground ball to left fielder Carlos Quentin. Blake Davis to 2nd.

Carlos Quentin walks.

Michael Restovich reaches on throwing error by third baseman Justin Turner. Carlos Quentin to 3rd.

Daryle Ward out on a sacrifice fly to right fielder Melvin Dorta. Carlos Quentin scores.

Carlos Rojas flies out to left fielder Carlos Quentin.

Carlos Quentin singles on a line drive to right fielder Melvin Dorta.

Michael Restovich singles on a line drive to center fielder Jeff Fiorentino. Carlos Quentin to 2nd.

Daryle Ward grounds into double play, second baseman Carlos Rojas to shortstop Blake Davis to first baseman Brandon Snyder. Carlos Quentin to 3rd. Michael Restovich out at 2nd.

With Wilson Betemit batting, passed ball by Robby Hammock, Carlos Quentin scores.

---

Lotta time on the basepaths for him.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 07:51 AM)
Quentin 2/3 last night with a HR and a BB, 3 runs scored and 2 RBI , batting .382 with a 7 game hitting streak.

Thank God he's doing all of his damage in the minors. The Wise/BA combo is working really well for us right now.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 06:03 AM)
Thank God he's doing all of his damage in the minors. The Wise/BA combo is working really well for us right now.

You know it's the stellar play of Wise that's keeping last year's MVP candidate down in the minors. Ozzie need's speed not a slow MVP type impact player.

When is a decision going to be made to say this guy is ready OR NOT??? I cannot find anything on this site even HINTING when they will even consider bringing him up and it's killing me. Please fill me in guys, are we likely to see him in the Ray's series?

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 09:58 AM)
When is a decision going to be made to say this guy is ready OR NOT??? I cannot find anything on this site even HINTING when they will even consider bringing him up and it's killing me. Please fill me in guys, are we likely to see him in the Ray's series?

Don't expect to see Quentin back up until they can figure out a way to make room for him on the 25 man roster without giving up Dewayne Wise. I don't know whether to use teal or not. :lolhitting

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 11:55 AM)
Don't expect to see Quentin back up until they can figure out a way to make room for him on the 25 man roster without giving up Dewayne Wise. I don't know whether to use teal or not. :lolhitting

god forbid ozzie get rid of wise.....

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 07:58 AM)

There was talk of him playing in the Orioles series but they decided not to because he was a little sore after his game last Thursday. They're doing this day to day right now, as they should. It's entirely plausible we'll see him next series; depends on how he's feeling today.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 02:33 PM)
There was talk of him playing in the Orioles series but they decided not to because he was a little sore after his game last Thursday. They're doing this day to day right now, as they should. It's entirely plausible we'll see him next series; depends on how he's feeling today.

Still nothing on WhiteSox.com about this. I guess we won't see him in the Rays series either....frustrating...

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 05:10 AM)
Still nothing on WhiteSox.com about this. I guess we won't see him in the Rays series either....frustrating...

i was holding out hope he would play today and i would be in attendance for his first game back.. ah well.