We love you Gordon, oh yes we do

chisoxfan09

Consider this...

1. Slayer is now batting .296

2. His OBP is .364 and getting better (Doubles, Triples, BB´s sure to rise).

3. He works counts and takes free passes.

4. He sprays the ball to all fields (Note the ball in play chart fro the Cell - I know very friendly park).

SlayerCellhitting.jpg

5. Downside - FPCT at 3rd base = .913 (Not great but bound to get better).

Let the Slayer debate begin!!!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Mods kindly put this into a Super Thread if it evolves or if the thread exists in some form in another part of the forum.

Edited by southsider2k5
All of the misc Beckham threads are now merged into one mega-lovefest

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is running away with the American League award. He definitely is in the race. Romero/Porcello/Bailey seem like the biggest competition, but Porcello recent struggles will probably continue he'll fade more in the second half. Romero is having a great year, but lacks wins. Bailey, too, is having an amazing year, but as a reliever on a bad team, he could get overlooked. I really like Gordon's chances, especially if he keeps the RBIs up.

Edited by maggsmaggs

Beckham leads all rookies in OPS. Right now it probably comes down to which team is in it down the stretch (exposure).

Romero and Bailey both have probably surpassed Porcello right now in terms of production and performance. For batters Reimold, Gardner, and Beckham are all in the mix.

I think Beckham needs to finish with around 15 HR's to seal it. Homers are the sexier stat and will help nail down the ROY award.

Also unlike MVP you definitely don't have to be on a winning team to win the award, but if Gordon is helping on the big push, it should help him.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been almost 2 weeks and he is still tearing the cover off the ball and average and OBP continue to rise. His defense has gotten noticably better as only 1 error in last 2-3 weeks I think. FPCT is only .938 but if he can improve and finish with say .955 or .960 hey for a rook changing positions that is great. The big factor that would make his push a lot better is the Sox winning the div but don't honestly see that happening. Here's my vote as of right. Another update in 2 weeks.

It's been almost 2 weeks and he is still tearing the cover off the ball and average and OBP continue to rise. His defense has gotten noticably better as only 1 error in last 2-3 weeks I think. FPCT is only .938 but if he can improve and finish with say .955 or .960 hey for a rook changing positions that is great. The big factor that would make his push a lot better is the Sox winning the div but don't honestly see that happening. Here's my vote as of right. Another update in 2 weeks.

Oh yeah forgot to add that both Weiters and Romero aren't doing anything sexy so that is good for Becks. Messed that up Romero is 9-4 with 3.59 ERA. He will give Becks the most competition. But on a 4th place club dunno.

Edited by chisoxfan09

Stop it!!Stop it!!

You are seriously gonna jinx the kid,stop all this nonsense!

Mexsox, where are you from? I am Mexican and was born in Guadalajara. And you?

Sorry just saw you were from Baja. I may travel someday to Cabo San Lucas. Any recommendations about this place?

Edited by chisoxfan09

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 11:10 PM)
Mexsox, where are you from? I am Mexican and was born in Guadalajara. And you?

Sorry just saw you were from Baja. I may travel someday to Cabo San Lucas. Any recommendations about this place?

I used to live in TJ,living in SD right now.

never been to Cabo,just Rosarito and it sucks,water is too cold and the beach is a dump.