Films Thread

juddling

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 01:10 PM)
Thanks for the info.

I remember when friends and I went to see Blair Witch down in the city, cuz it wasn't released yet. We wanted to se elike the 2pm show on a Sunday and all the shows were sold out til 8pm. So we hung out downtown until then.

It sounds like what I would expect.

I remember how everyone said Blair Witch was like the scariest movie ever and one of my friends sisters was so scared she couldn't sleep and all that and when I saw it I was very disappointed in how not scary it was. The ending was the best part, getting there however was meh to me.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Bay To Kill Megan Fox in Transformers 3?

There's been plenty of drama surrounding Bay's next robot masterpiece, Transformers 3. But the back-and-forth, Megan Fox-versus-the-crew arguments and smack talk seemed to be over. Until rumors broke that Bay was going to kill Fox.

InTouch Magazine is reporting that after Megan Fox talked smack about the Transformers crew, and vice versa, the director Michael Bay has decided to put an end to this silly squabble once and for all.

"Michael's pretty much discovered Megan and now he's very quietly looking for her replacement," said the insider. "He hasn't decided if he's going to kill her off in the next movie, but he just wants to be prepared."

Some sources are even claiming Fox's character, Mikayla, will be killed off towards the start of the next movie, just to set a cheery tone.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 08:47 AM)
Trick 'R Treat was a 3/5.

Capitalism: A Love Story was a 4/5.

I'd probably give it a similar rating. There I was, having been looking forward to watching Trick R Treat for years, and after viewing it I felt indifferent. I kind of regret telling Flasox several pages earlier that it would renew his faith in the horror business. It's enjoyable (and I have to admit there were several twists I didn't expect), but it's place to me is more of a film you and your drunk buddies watch. Not this 'horror classic' as people have put it.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 05:13 PM)
So who else agrees the anna paquin segment in trick r treat was brutal? It didn't tie in to anything else and was just plain boring.

While watching I figured this was the segment you were referring to last week. It did tie in at the end with the serial killer neighbor, but even then, it just wasn't very entertaining. My reaction was more of, "Oh, so that's what they meant. I'm glad this part is over.'

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 14, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
It had a fun, campy Creepshow feel to it but I wouldn't give it that much praise.

I really liked it. I thought it was one of the best halloween themed horror movies in a long time.

I think the movie studio messed this one up. It was supposed to come out Oct 5th 2007. Why it didn't come out only on DVD, two years later is odd.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 14, 2009 -> 09:36 AM)
I really liked it. I thought it was one of the best halloween themed horror movies in a long time.

I think the movie studio messed this one up. It was supposed to come out Oct 5th 2007. Why it didn't come out only on DVD, two years later is odd.

The film was originally slated to be released in October 2007 for a Halloween release. Warner Bros., without explanation or reason, pulled the film from the schedule and no reschedule date was announced. One reason might have been that Saw IV (2007) was slated for release around the same time and Warner Bros. did not want to compete against it in fears of a big opening against them. Another possible reason the film was buried by the studio was that it was possible fallout from the box office disappointment of Superman Returns (2006), which was co-written by Trick 'r Treat writer/director Michael Dougherty and both produced and directed by Bryan Singer, whose production company produced this film. There was brief talk that the film would finally be released around Halloween 2008 and possibly early 2009 but neither release ever materialized. The film was finally released straight to DVD in October 2009.