Films Thread

juddling

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)
It looks to me like 2 hours of a video game. I think as a film, it will be terrible. But it will look and sound cool.

The early reviews are good so far but I'm just not at all excited about this. The plot just doesn't interest me at all and quite frankly isn't creative at all and has been done to death in science fiction movies. The entire plot seemingly has been lifted from other movies and I think the film is really just a vehicle to show off the new visual techniques that apparently Cameron came up with. And at the same time , while some of the visuals look cool I can't get over how terrible and fake the aliens look.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
My buddy bought a few tickets for Avatar at the Imax for next Sunday, so I guess I'll be letting you guys know how it is.

I'll be going on the 28th with my daughter.

BTW, I agree on The Road. Good but nothing special. Was annoyed at all the added music during "touching" moments. Poor use of music in a film. And the book was much better. Other then Viggo and the cinematography the movie would have been meh.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 05:01 PM)
I'll be going on the 28th with my daughter.

BTW, I agree on The Road. Good but nothing special. Was annoyed at all the added music during "touching" moments. Poor use of music in a film. And the book was much better. Other then Viggo and the cinematography the movie would have been meh.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of seeing Viggo's junk in every movie he's in.

Also, what was up with the thief and Guy Pearce's thumbs?

Edited by Milkman delivers

I don't think I've ever seen a more spoiler filled commercial for a DVD than the one that's airing right now for Inglorious Basterds. Talk about giving away the most important elements of the film, I don't see how that wouldn't ruin the experience for someone who has yet to see the film.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 10:13 PM)
I don't think I've ever seen a more spoiler filled commercial for a DVD than the one that's airing right now for Inglorious Basterds. Talk about giving away the most important elements of the film, I don't see how that wouldn't ruin the experience for someone who has yet to see the film.

Then you must not have seen the trailer for Brothers.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 10:05 AM)
Watched Step Brothers last night. Might be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I think an 11 year old boy wrote the screenplay and I don't see how anyone over the age of 17 would find it to be entertaining or funny.

Really? I think you are going to be in the minority here by faaaaaaaaaar

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 13, 2009 -> 10:13 PM)

Haven't seen it yet, but I've seen the commercials...I remember seeing the same scenes when the movie had commercials the first time...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 12:00 PM)
The new Clash of the Titans trailer looks awesome.

Sorry FlaSoxx, it just is.

Looks like it has potential or it could turn out to be a crappy movie version of the God of War video game.

Have to agree with the youtube comment: f***ING HEAVY METAL IN MOVIE TRAILERS!!! *Stop* that s***!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 12:03 PM)
Looks like it has potential or it could turn out to be a crappy movie version of the God of War video game.

Have to agree with the youtube comment: f***ING HEAVY METAL IN MOVIE TRAILERS!!! *Stop* that s***!

I like the look of the Kraken. I was wondering how it would be "re-imagined". Im sure flaxx will hate it because it doesnt look like a clay doll, but whatever :P

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
The new Clash of the Titans trailer looks awesome.

Sorry FlaSoxx, it just is.

Ray Harryhausen will be 90 years old this June, and if the CG in this unnecessary remake sucks and it kills him I'm holding the movie and you responsible.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 10, 2009 -> 07:26 PM)
anyone see the teaser trailer for The Last Airbender? I am interested to see if Shyamalan can pull it off, I wonder if he can do anything with material that is not his own.

I didn't know that was Shyamalan. I've said for a while now, I think he's a fantastic DIRECTOR - and needed to get away from his own writing. He had been slated at one point to maybe do a couple of the Potter movies, which i think would have been a nice fit, but that didn't work. I may have to see this Airbender thing now.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 01:10 PM)
I like the look of the Kraken. I was wondering how it would be "re-imagined". Im sure flaxx will hate it because it doesnt look like a clay doll, but whatever :P

I'll only hate it if it sucks. I know you well enough ( I think) to suspect you have more respect for the pioneering Willis O'Brien and Ray Harryhausen stop motion animation than you're letting on. But if not, then :fight :fight

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 12:12 PM)
Ray Harryhausen will be 90 years old this June, and if the CG in this unnecessary remake sucks and it kills him I'm holding the movie and you responsible.

I hold you and only you responsible for Bubo

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 12:15 PM)
I'll only hate it if it sucks. I know you well enough ( I think) to suspect you have more respect for the pioneering Willis O'Brien and Ray Harryhausen stop motion animation than you're letting on. But if not, then :fight :fight

backerdown, this fight can resume upon release date ;)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 01:15 PM)
I hold you and only you responsible for Bubo

bubo.gif

Bubo rocks! :headbang

Bubo is actually the scientific (genus) name of the great horned owl, so that makes the real Clash of the Titans doubly cool.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim