Films Thread

juddling

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The movie Doomsday was spectacular. I couldn't help but enjoy it. I recorded it when UVerse offered free premium channels over the Thanksgiving weekend, and didn't have a chance to watch it until now. I may never delete it from my DVR. If you enjoyed Road Warrior, Dawn of the Dead, and 28 Days Later you'll appreciate this film.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 07:56 PM)
The movie Doomsday was spectacular. I couldn't help but enjoy it. I recorded it when UVerse offered free premium channels over the Thanksgiving weekend, and didn't have a chance to watch it until now. I may never delete it from my DVR. If you enjoyed Road Warrior, Dawn of the Dead, and 28 Days Later you'll appreciate this film.

I liked it, but I mean, really?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 10:32 AM)
Up In the Air looks like a more mass-market friendly Lost in Translation, not that that's necessarily a bad thing. Am I way off?

Yes. You are way off.

It was great, and completely different than Lost in Translation.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)
Yes. You are way off.

It was great, and completely different than Lost in Translation.

Good to hear. I saw a different trailer for it in front of "Brothers" that made me more interested to see it. Will definitely catch it.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 07:55 PM)
I'm having a tough time seeing Mickey Rourke as a villain. I just see him as a sloppy drunk with long hair and CGI pants.

Thats too bad. I think he makes a great villain. He was a pretty awesome Anti-hero in Sin City

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 10:44 PM)
Did you know that the Enterprise D has a giant hamster wheel on it?

Balta, curious to hear what you thought about Star Trek, by the way. I know you tortured yourself and waited til you finished your dissertation to watch it.

Was it worth the wait?