Films Thread

juddling

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)
I think lots of people were expecting a laugher of a movie. I enjoyed it.

When you have an entire cast of comedians and you make a dramatic movie, that is based on a successful comedians life and possible death, you are going to come away thinking you got jipped a little bit.

A big problem for me was that the standup in the movie wasnt even funny. Not at all.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 01:52 PM)
When you have an entire cast of comedians and you make a dramatic movie, that is based on a successful comedians life and possible death, you are going to come away thinking you got jipped a little bit.

A big problem for me was that the standup in the movie wasnt even funny. Not at all.

Understandable. You didn't even like the stand up a little bit? I admit it wasn't great, but I thought some of it was pretty good.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 04:31 PM)
Understandable. You didn't even like the stand up a little bit? I admit it wasn't great, but I thought some of it was pretty good.

I really thought it was the least funny part(s) of the movie. My favorite part was Eminems cameo because it was so random, and him ripping on Ray Romano was pretty funny too.

i was disappointed. I knew the subject material going into the movie and I felt it was mishandled and about 40 minutes(at least) too long.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 07:13 PM)
I really thought it was the least funny part(s) of the movie. My favorite part was Eminems cameo because it was so random, and him ripping on Ray Romano was pretty funny too.

i was disappointed. I knew the subject material going into the movie and I felt it was mishandled and about 40 minutes(at least) too long.

Agreed on the whole Romano/Eminem thing. I also think it was dragged out a bit, more towards the end than anything.

Finally saw Boondock Saints 2...f***ing terrible. I should have walked out. The people I saw it with all agreed, although the crowd was really energized and into the movie.

But, imo, complete garbage and one of the worse movies I've seen over the past few years.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
Finally saw Boondock Saints 2...f***ing terrible. I should have walked out. The people I saw it with all agreed, although the crowd was really energized and into the movie.

But, imo, complete garbage and one of the worse movies I've seen over the past few years.

Hardly surprising given the abortion that was the original.

Just announced that Paul Greengrass won't be directing the 4th installment of the Bourne Franchise in 2010.

So the film's in limbo right now, as Damon probably won't want to return without a great director and script to go with it.

I loved the last 2 movies (Supremacy and Ultinatum) that he directed, so it's disappointing from that POV.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_big_pi...greengrass.html

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 06:31 PM)
What would the 4th movie be caled? Ludlum only wrote 3 Bourne books, not including the 4th book that Eric Van Lustbader wrote as a posthumous Ludlum book.

Hasn't been named yet, seems as if Universal wanted the movie out in 2010 but Greengrass wanted more time and was thinking 2012, hence why he has moved on.

Also had 2 screenwriters writing 2 diff. scripts (1 was the guy who wrote Ultinatum who Greengrass preferred), and I don't think Greengrass was a fan of that scenario, so obviously it's going to be a brand new story.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 12:14 AM)
Just announced that Paul Greengrass won't be directing the 4th installment of the Bourne Franchise in 2010.

So the film's in limbo right now, as Damon probably won't want to return without a great director and script to go with it.

I loved the last 2 movies (Supremacy and Ultinatum) that he directed, so it's disappointing from that POV.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_big_pi...greengrass.html

After the Bourne Ultimatum Damon suggested another movie would need to be called The Bourne Redundancy.

I thought that was funny.