Films Thread

juddling

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 12:12 PM)
I didn't know that was Shyamalan. I've said for a while now, I think he's a fantastic DIRECTOR - and needed to get away from his own writing. He had been slated at one point to maybe do a couple of the Potter movies, which i think would have been a nice fit, but that didn't work. I may have to see this Airbender thing now.

He would have changed the end. Harry would morph into Voldemort. ;)

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
He would have changed the end. Harry would morph into Voldemort. ;)

And then Joaquin "Faukes The" Phoenix would bash his head in with a baseball bat Quidditch broom. Stunningly brilliant and totally original.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2056260:date=Dec 11, 2009 -> 06:15 PM:name=KyYlE23)-->
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 11, 2009 -> 06:15 PM)

I had high hopes for the movie until I saw the trailer :(

It would be better if they made Jay Baruchel wear a Mickey Mouse costume.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 06:51 PM)
Did you get to the dance scene with Emo Tobey yet?

It is almost unimaginable to me that Raimi directed 1 and 2 so amazingly and then produced this turd. The feel, tempo, and story of the third one doesn't even resemble the nuanced approach of 1 and 2.

What the f*** was he thinking? His decisions on character development in 3 were appalling. The way he handled Harry Osbourne is quite possibly the worst use of a character I've ever seen. (also HOW MANY f***ING TIMES SHOULD HARRY HAVE DIED IN THIS MOVIE?)

I hope that 4 gets this franchise back on track. I would have rated it near the top after 2, but 3 completely destroyed my love for the series.

If I had to choose between watching S-3 and X-3 I'd probably choose death.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 09:05 AM)
Watched Step Brothers last night. Might be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I think an 11 year old boy wrote the screenplay and I don't see how anyone over the age of 17 would find it to be entertaining or funny.

I haven't seen it and probably never will. I basically refuse to watch any Will Ferrell movie made after Anchorman since they're all just about the same. A rare exception was made for Stranger Than Fiction, which was actually pretty enjoyable.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 06:59 PM)
It is almost unimaginable to me that Raimi directed 1 and 2 so amazingly and then produced this turd. The feel, tempo, and story of the third one doesn't even resemble the nuanced approach of 1 and 2.

What the f*** was he thinking? His decisions on character development in 3 were appalling. The way he handled Harry Osbourne is quite possibly the worst use of a character I've ever seen. (also HOW MANY f***ING TIMES SHOULD HARRY HAVE DIED IN THIS MOVIE?)

I hope that 4 gets this franchise back on track. I would have rated it near the top after 2, but 3 completely destroyed my love for the series.

If I had to choose between watching S-3 and X-3 I'd probably choose death.

A lot of people feel that he was pissed at being forced into bringing Venom into the film, which I just didnt understand. You would think that a Spiderman fanboy like Raimi would understand what Venom means to the Spiderman legacy, and he just jobbed it so he could be done with it.

I just dont understand why he couldnt let the Green Goblin legacy go. It was done, over with, had no place in the story. To me, that was the forced element of the storyline. He probably could of cut that horrible Osbourne character out of the movie, cut 30 minutes off the runtime(it was way too long), and still had a really good storyline to work with in Sandman and Venom.

It looked like Raimi forced the crappiness to spite the Venom fanboys, and that just wasnt right

Went and saw "A Christmas Carol" on the IMAX and 3D. It's visually awesome and I liked it a lot. I never read Dickens book, but the ending was different from anything I was familiar with.

They just mention Scrooge getting close to Tiny Tim and Cratchet family. He never goes there on X-mas. He spends it with his nephew. I need to read the book. It is one of my favorite stories.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
Went and saw "A Christmas Carol" on the IMAX and 3D. It's visually awesome and I liked it a lot. I never read Dickens book, but the ending was different from anything I was familiar with.

They just mention Scrooge getting close to Tiny Tim and Cratchet family. He never goes there on X-mas. He spends it with his nephew. I need to read the book. It is one of my favorite stories.

No, that's the standard ending. I enjoyed the remake too but it won't replace the 1951 Alastair Sim version as required annual christmas viewing.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)
'Brothers' was ok. Tobey was very good in it, but something was off for me. Ending was not satisfactory either.

Another example of a movie abusing the use of music.

Note to director: You don't need to add sentimental music during every touching moment of the film. Sometimes silence is more effective.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
Another example of a movie abusing the use of music.

Note to director: You don't need to add sentimental music during every touching moment of the film. Sometimes silence is more effective.

I didn't notice it. I would of liked more stuff in Afghanistan about how Sam turned into a nut job. I mean I know we saw the jist of it, but it was more interesting than Tommy and Grace's growing closer at home.