1. 1. Check all That apply

• Twins
    • Tigers
    • Indians
    • Royals
    • Yankees
    • Red Sox
    • Cubs
    • Teams that knocked us out the playoffs (O's 83 -Jays 93-Mariners 00-Rays 08)
    • Other
    • I don't hate or dislike any team
  2. 2. What bothers you the most about the teams you hate or dislike?

• Natural Division Rival
    • Obnoxious Fans
    • Arrogant Fans
    • hate certain players on particular team
    • team gave me painful memories
    • Huge Payrolls
    • I don't hate or dislike any team
    • other

The closest thing to hate in our division for me is the Twins, but I don't hate them, I just hate the Metrodome which will be gone after this season anyways. I certainly don't like the Twins, but for me to hate something or somebody, I have to not respect it either and I at least respect the Twins. The only teams I truly hate are the Red Sox and Cubs, and I hate them for the same reasons. Large, unintelligent, arrogant, annoying, and misinformed fanbases full of bandwagoners, old, piece of s*** ballparks that people still love for some strange reason, and a superiority complex. The Red Sox at least have a bit of a right to a superiority complex since they have two very recent World Championships and play great baseball every year in a tough, tough division, but Cubs fans have this complex despite being one of the more pathetic franchises in sports in terms of where it matters (and nobody will convince me otherwise about a group that hasn't won a World Title in 101 years).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 11:14 AM)
I dislike the Twins, division rival and all. I also hate any team that plays in a dome.

that. and bcuz of some of their players. i hate gomez. he sux (kills us though) , yet he thinks hes great like pujols or something

Cubs and Yankees. Cubs because of the "fans" and the very biased media coverage in Chicago. Yankees because they are the Yankees. Huge payroll, they always try to build a superteam (I love when it backfires, though), and of course the unnecessary media lovefest.

I don't really hate any of our division rivals. I suppose I dislike the Twins the most, but mainly because of the Metrodome.

ESPN has compelled me to hate both the Yankees (who I hated anyway) and the Red Sox (who I used to kind of like).

As soon as I get a better job, I'll be getting MLBN, and I'll NEVER watch BBTN again - 50 minutes of RedSox and Yankees, 10 minutes for the other 28 teams.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 12:18 PM)
ESPN has compelled me to hate both the Yankees (who I hated anyway) and the Red Sox (who I used to kind of like).

As soon as I get a better job, I'll be getting MLBN, and I'll NEVER watch BBTN again - 50 minutes of RedSox and Yankees, 10 minutes for the other 28 teams.

MLB Network is a godsend. No more Steve Phillips, no more John Kruk. I'm starting to think that ESPN hates baseball. They never put it ahead of any sport, even now in July.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 11:14 AM)
Red Sox. I honestly don't hate any of our division rivals, I want them to lose more than any other teams but I don't hate them. The Red Sox on the other hand, I despise more than any other franchise in sports.

Preach. Totally agree.

I can't stand the Red Sox and I can't stand Cubs fans.

I also naturally hate the Twins, Tigers, and Indians. Well hate is a strong word, so I'll say I hate the Twins.

Edited by chw42

You say that like you're surprised.

He says it like someone from NJ who lives in Minnesota.

In order of hate:

1. Twins

2. Royals

3. Indians

4. Cubs

5. Red Sox

6. Pirates (hoep they never have another winning season again.)

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 05:54 PM)
He says it like someone from NJ who lives in Minnesota.

I say it like someone who's talking about the teams, not the fans.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 05:41 PM)
You say that like you're surprised.

Not surprised at all.

I don't know how anybody can hate the Twins. I can't stand the s***heads when both teams are in contention, but they play fantastic baseball, build their team from within, and have remained competitive more than any other team with a similar payroll than any other team in baseball. Most of the Twins fans I know are either idiots when it comes to baseball or talk way too much s*** than is warranted (and all I do is bring up World Series wins within the past 5, 10, and 15 years, playoff series wins this decade, divisional titles within the past 4 seasons, and game 163...they usually spout off something ridiculous, and I laugh them off), but the Twins themselves run one of the most respected organizations in all of baseball right now.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 08:16 AM)
I don't know how anybody can hate the Twins. I can't stand the s***heads when both teams are in contention, but they play fantastic baseball, build their team from within, and have remained competitive more than any other team with a similar payroll than any other team in baseball. Most of the Twins fans I know are either idiots when it comes to baseball or talk way too much s*** than is warranted (and all I do is bring up World Series wins within the past 5, 10, and 15 years, playoff series wins this decade, divisional titles within the past 4 seasons, and game 163...they usually spout off something ridiculous, and I laugh them off), but the Twins themselves run one of the most respected organizations in all of baseball right now.

True. I still hate them, though.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 07:16 AM)

I fully, fully respect Terry Ryan. The man was a hell of a GM and ran a fantastic team and definitely knew exactly what he was doing. Bill Smith, on the other hand, is a complete moron and deserves no respect at all.

I also dispute that they play "fantastic baseball." It's a team built around taking advantage of their home field (outside of Mauer, Morneau, Kubel), and nothing pisses me off more than to see them dink their way on base. I don't respect it at all and it just pisses me off.

Also: The ownership group is a penny pinching bunch of morons who have turned their team into a small market despite not playing in one and refuse to spend money to improve the team. I don't respect that.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 05:54 PM)
6. Pirates (hope they never have another winning season again.)

Okay, I'll bite. Why the Pirates? Is it because their suckitude has been so helpful to the Cubs winning percentage over the past 15 plus years?

I was pleased to see I really wasn't inclined to hate the Cubs (the fans do annoy me though). I only chose the Twins (the dome), although I probably overlooked the Red Sox (the fans and ESPN as well).

I wish the A's were on the list. Between them and the Twins, I can't tell you how many agitated, sleepless nights I have had watching to White Sox blow leads late at those respective ballparks. Staying up until midnight to watch those types of endings made me developed a strong dislike for either of those franchises.