Sox. Tigers. Baseball. Fox. 3P. G

Heads22

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:05 PM)
how in the f*** do you not throw an 0-2 curveball? f*** that!

Its typical AJ. Late in games when you get a man on third he is worried about blocking the plate. He calls a lot of elevated fastballs. Its a s***ty pitch call.

Does Jenks even have any value in a trade at this point? I can't see many teams wanting a closer that gives up base runners every time he's in to close. He walks guys. He gives up runs. Let's just face the facts. Jenks is NOT a good closer in this league anymore. He was fine when he could reach back and throw 99-100 every time he came out. Now, he's lucky to tap 95 most of the time, his hook isn't nearly as nasty as it used to be... What does he have that makes him better than, say, Thornton, as a closer?

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 07:07 PM)
Does Jenks even have any value in a trade at this point? I can't see many teams wanting a closer that gives up base runners every time he's in to close. He walks guys. He gives up runs. Let's just face the facts. Jenks is NOT a good closer in this league anymore. He was fine when he could reach back and throw 99-100 every time he came out. Now, he's lucky to tap 95 most of the time, his hook isn't nearly as nasty as it used to be... What does he have that makes him better than, say, Thornton, as a closer?

Thornton is our best Mid-relief. We leave a void, if we move him.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:05 PM)
Jenks' July numbers are atrocious.

Sorry, but this wasn't a meltdown. f***ing Podsednik was playing in Ontario, Thames broke his bat in two, Granderson hit a ball hard but in the infield.

On the other hand, Jenks's stuff actually looked good. Maybe he just needs 4 days between appearances.

Oh, if Paul Konerko or Carlos Quentin would like to arrive in Detroit at some point, I'm all for it. Especially Quentin.