Angels in Our Outfield, Infield and Stadium

greg775

Are you guys worried about this series? In my mind, two out of three would be a big-time success. We're at home so we have to keep winning series in the Cell if we hope to win this division.

I can't help but keep peeking at that road trip from hell at the end of the month as well. Four at Boston; three at NY, then we get swept at Minnie again? My god. Thanks schedule maker.

They have 7 players batting over .290 and have won 5 in a row. Great time for them to lose a few. Also, there pitching hasn't been very good. Lackey with a 4.00 ERA, Saunders at 5.07, and Santana at 7.31. Both Saunders and Santana have struggled of late, so those 2 games with Floyd and Danks taking the mound should be wins.

Think of the good teams we've played this year - Yankees, Rays, Angels (earlier), Dodgers off the top of my head. We've held our own against all those teams so far. We have trouble with the s*** teams, two of which happen to be in our division (Detroit and Minnesota).

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 12:20 PM)
They lost out big-time on acquiring Lee/Washburn/Peavy/Halladay last week. They're still a very good team who will probably win their division, but I don't see how they can feel too confident right now.

didnt hurt their cofidence too much this past weekend as they completely dominated the twins.

The Angels speed worries me. Pitching is having troubles so we should do well against them in that department. We just need to keep their speedy players off the basepaths because they have plenty of them.

Going to be a frustrating series.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 01:03 PM)
contreras tomarrow? ugh im going tomarrow, i was hoping itd be floyd.. :(

Ill be at the game on thursday with my gramps. According to the probable pitchers on Whitesox.com Ill will be seeing a pitching matchup of Ervin Santana vs John Danks. That should be a win because, we are at home, we destroyed Santana the last time we faced him and he is 3-6 with a very high ERA

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
I'll be there tomorrow too...and I thought the same thing when I heard the Count was pitching.

the matchups look a lot better for the next 2 games,oh well. i bought these tickets a while ago but im going to one of the games against the indians this weekend so ill be sure to check the matchups this time <_ lol src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_gosoxretro.gif" alt=":gosoxretro:">

i can only go sunday..so its going to be jose again sunday? :(

Edited by Melissa1334

The angels are hot hot hot right now. They are even missing Torii Hunter and Vlad Guerrero and still dominating people. Their talented young core of players is really starting to shine, so the sox should not take them lightly because they are not all stars or haven't seen them before. Should be fun. I doubt the sox roll over and die like the twins did against the angels over the weekend, but taking 1/3 is a real possibility, the games will be closer though.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 01:28 PM)
the matchups look a lot better for the next 2 games,oh well. i bought these tickets a while ago but im going to one of the games against the indians this weekend so ill be sure to check the matchups this time <_ lol src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_gosoxretro.gif" alt=":gosoxretro:">

i can only go sunday..so its going to be jose again sunday? :(

well you will get your money's worth in terms of time at the park when jose pitches. those games almost always go over 3 hours.

The Angels can kick some ass on offense right now, but their pitching isn't all that good.

We've found ways to play the Angels quite well these past couple of years.

We've hit Lackey well as of late.

Saunders has always been a pain in the ass, but he's struggling.

We killed Santana last time out.

I think we'll be okay.

Their bullpen is also quite vulnerable. Brian Fuentes is a mess right now.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 10:32 AM)
didnt hurt their cofidence too much this past weekend as they completely dominated the twins.

They'll be a lot less confident when they go into the playoffs with a very average rotation.

QUOTE (DaveBrown85 @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)
maybe jose will surprise some people tomorrow night and be like he was in 2005 in the ALCS.

I'm going wednesday got some 4 free tix from my boss. Isn't that Mark Buehrle poster night. Anyone know how many people are getting them?

maybe. bcuz i was dissapointed when i went to the rays sox game and richard was guna pitch and he ended up pitching great...yea, it is poster night. when i go tomarrow, theyll be giving away buehrle no hitter baseball cards, ur lucky u get the poster. i dont remember but i remember it being atleast the first 20,000

Edited by Melissa1334

I wish the schedule makers would just leave out the good teams. Oh brother.

You don't think that road trip is the toughest we've had in a looonnnnggg time?

Oh brother.

Four in Boston; three in New York, then the automatic sweep in the dome? That is one f***ing tough road trip, brother.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
maybe. bcuz i was dissapointed when i went to the rays sox game and richard was guna pitch and he ended up pitching great...yea, it is poster night. when i go tomarrow, theyll be giving away buehrle no hitter baseball cards, ur lucky u get the poster. i dont remember but i remember it being atleast the first 20,000

i was thinking it would be the first 20,000. Damn i want one hope i get it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 09:20 PM)
You don't think that road trip is the toughest we've had in a looonnnnggg time?

Oh brother.

Four in Boston; three in New York, then the automatic sweep in the dome? That is one f***ing tough road trip, brother.

hopefully are power hitters will come out in the small Yankee Stadium, all the other games, I just dont know