Angels @ Sox, 1:05 pm CST

lostfan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 05:04 PM)
Why not hit Wise for Castro?????

Someone already said this, but managers are extremely wary of subbing for their catcher early in the game in case an injury occurs later on.

Therefore, at least one of Flowers and Armstrong should be here when rosters expand for that very reason.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
Another reason why Beckham is a good player. The game is practically over, but he still remains patient at the plate and takes the walk he's given, unlike many players who would use that AB to try and pad their stats

A walk pads his OBP, which is a pretty important stat.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
Someone already said this, but managers are extremely wary of subbing for their catcher early in the game in case an injury occurs later on.

Therefore, at least one of Flowers and Armstrong should be here when rosters expand for that very reason.

I pointed it out earlier at this point though the chances of AJ going into the game are very slim give Pods another shot.

oh well

3-5 were 1-11 well at least they were productive last night

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)
Unless you're Nick Swisher, players don't look to pad their OBP

Maybe more organizations can start teaching the value of the base on balls.

It seems that Gordon Beckham has already been taught.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
Dye hasn't been this bad all-year. He'll get out of it.

He is down to .274 which is fine as long as he turns it around or stays there. He was over .300 at the ASB if I recall correctly.

I'd like to see Thome moved to the 3 hole as Beckham and Pods would take the shift away by being on base and move Dye down

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 05:10 PM)
Maybe more organizations can start teaching the value of the base on balls.

It seems that Gordon Beckham has already been taught.

I wasn't saying it was a bad thing but most players (especially young ones) would rather go for something better than a walk with the bases empty, 2 outs, down by 4 or 5 in the last inning. I was implying it was good the approach he takes even then.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
Can we get a "Time to move JD down in the order" thread?

It isn't the offense that is killing me. He looked like someone paid him to throw the series, in the field. Physical mistakes, mental mistakes... Alexei would have looked down on him.

The Sox are 2-7 in the finale of the 9 series, 3 games or more, when they are going for the sweep this year. They swept KC and Cleve. It seems most of those games, if not all, were poorly played. Sometimes you can play decently and still lose. I know most teams have the motto "just win the series" and that's fine until you get to the last game. I wonder if they have some sort of mental block like they have in the Metrodome, a place where they lose before the game starts.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 05:22 PM)
It isn't the offense that is killing me. He looked like someone paid him to throw the series, in the field. Physical mistakes, mental mistakes... Alexei would have looked down on him.

Dye has been turning singles into doubles and doubles into triples for several seasons now. He looks awkward going to either his right or left, has absolutely no makeup speed, and even his arm has deteriorated to some girly side arm throwing style.

I know people talk about him as a future DH, but if he is, I don't believe we'll retain him over Thome. Not with Thome still producing at an acceptable rate, and within reach of #600. If he continues doing what he has done with the White Sox, it's not unreasonable that he'd hit #600 by September of next season. After then we'll cut him.