White Sox Media People

Marky Mark

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like most from the Sox' announcers / media?

• Hawk
    • Stone Pony
    • Farmio
    • DJ
    • The Ranger

I threw Chris Rongey in there to make it interesting. I'd say that all of those guys have their good points that I love about them, but they all have their respectively bad ones too.

If three out of the five had to be eliminated, I say keep Stone and Rongey....but that's just me.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:17 PM)
Someone else said this perfectly a while back. But for out of towners, often you end up watching a game by yourself or with people who could care less about the White Sox. So watching a game with Hawk broadcasting is like watching the game with a buddy.

my friends (Columbia, MO via St. Louis, so cardinal fans) love Hawk. They think he's hilarious.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:19 PM)
my friends (Columbia, MO via St. Louis, so cardinal fans) love Hawk. They think he's hilarious.

i'm a big hawk fan but more and more i find myself having to defend him and not really wanting to, kind of like making excuses for the drunk uncle who weirds out your friends at a graduation party.

i do really enjoy stone and think he provides great balance for hawk. to me they are a better team than hawk and dj because stone clearly is not a homer.

i also am amazed at the amount of times stone will be like, "if danks comes back here with a change on the outer half here you can expect cabrera to swing and strike out." and then it happens.

I feel like 90% of time Farmio's voice makes me feel like he doesn't care whether or not we just hit a double in the gap. Although he does have it sometimes, it seems like he announces without any excitement.

I'd take Pat from the Cubs any day

Edited by Markbilliards

Farmer and it isn't even close. He's overlooked by the fan base- this guy is gold, and it makes me wonder about our fan base because of this. I've got a nice 55' LED flatscreen, and at about the time Sox games are played I'm rolling on home from work, but I will sacrifice the gas (driving around aimlessly) and lack of visuals just to hear Farmer.

Definitely Steve Stone. Intelligent, funny, sarcastic (at times) and not a huge homer ala Hawk.

I know a lot of people love that about Hawk, but he takes it WAY too far. He's completely biased and sometimes can't logically tell what's going on.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
Definitely Steve Stone. Intelligent, funny, sarcastic (at times) and not a huge homer ala Hawk.

I know a lot of people love that about Hawk, but he takes it WAY too far. He's completely biased and sometimes can't logically tell what's going on.

I think my enjoyment of Hawk started to really go downhill last year when "Thome hit a 600 foot home run" that apparently measured out to be about 430. I'm back and forth on him.

love hawk and stoney, like farmer and DJ. tell you what though i really miss john rooney. i loved when he had the play by play and farmer did color. farmer's play by play annoys me sometimes but i thought he was real good as the color guy. and i like his monotone. kinda his signature.

I gotta say Hawk for the fact that he says and expresses all the feelings I have while watching games.

I'll also say that Joe Cowley is a real douch bag. Signed up for his Tweets and he seems like one of those guys that thinks he's funny, clever, etc. but really he is just annoying......any other good Sox Twitters people let me know.