Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'll join in on the fun about getting overly exciting about beating a crap team(North Carolina Central) by 30 points last night.

Still think this Miami team will be too young and too inconsistent to be a middle of the pack ACC team but I hope we can make things interesting. Guess I wont know what this team really has until the Minnesota game.

Isaiah Thomas is already cracking. Appparently he was yelling at the Tulsa head coach to sub his starters out while his team was getting drilled(they lost 81-49, at one point it was 63-25). The only problem was that the Tulsa head coach only had 8 players on his bench, so he was pretty much forced to use his starters all game.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 07:34 PM)
Uconn's men debut against William & Mary was a pretty entertaining game to be at.W & M kept it pretty close. They have some great 3 point shooting on that team.

Loved how good Dyson looked in his first game back. Not many people at ESPN are mentioning them, but that backcourt is gonna be crazy good this year. Kemba Walker may have the quickest first step in the country (Collins/Lucas have an arguement) and Dyson can just take over a game at both ends of the court. If it's true that Walker's 3 point shot has improved they're gonna be dangerous.

Really sucks Majok won't be available for the Kentucky game. Oriakhi's gonna have a good year but Okwandu is just brutal. No depth at all right now up front.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 11:36 PM)
Well, NU's tournament chances just took a big hit. Kevin Coble injured his foot. No diagnosis yet, but early reports range from several weeks to the whole season if he needs surgery. <_>

Carmoday said yesterday Coble is out for the year, gonna try to convince him to redshirt so he can play next year. They also lost senior Jeff Ryan with a torn ACL. So much for NW's first NCAA bid ever. There are now three bad teams in the Big Ten

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 10:43 AM)
Carmoday said yesterday Coble is out for the year, gonna try to convince him to redshirt so he can play next year. They also lost senior Jeff Ryan with a torn ACL. So much for NW's first NCAA bid ever. There are now three bad teams in the Big Ten

I wouldn't say BAD yet until I see them against Butler. They're still way more deep and talented than they've been in the past, I'm just not sure who's going to score. They've got a few guys with skill like Shurna, Mirkovic and Crawford, they're just not proven.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 07:16 PM)
Miami(OH) is just getting hosed against Kentucky. They were up 33-18 and the refs have taken over. 13 fouls for Miami to 3 for Kentucky and all the sudden it's 39-38.

Found it on one of my alternate channels. You aren't kidding. Have had it on for 5 minutes and some odd traveling calls.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
Another no-call at the end of the game. Miami's coach was just in shock, I wouldn't be surprised if he asked Calipari at the end there, "did you pay more for Wall or the refs?".

Did the guy get fouled on the heave? The camera work I saw was awful.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 02:15 AM)

My favorite play was with about 12 minutes left when Perry Stevenson caught a 10 foot jump shot at the rim and no goal-tending called. Then, Wall drives on a one on 4 and three guys block the shot, and they call a shooting foul.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 08:15 PM)

Even the ridiculously biased Kentucky announcers admitted that Kentucky "was lucky to get a no call at the end there." One of the Miami assistant coaches was at mid-court with his arms in the air questioning the refs, but they were racing off the court to cash in.