Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)
UNC getting exposed. UNC is built like little school girls compared to the Syracuse players. I'm expecting a Sweet 16 berth at best this season, you just can't win a lot with no PG, and two senior leaders with gigantic holes in their game. Oh well, in no way fathomable are Ed Davis or Tyler Zeller ready for the NBA unless they want to flounder like Brandan Wright.

I just don't see it with UNC this year. I still love their frontcourt but that backcourt is just terrible for a top 25 team, let alone a top 10 team. But of course it isn't surprising they are down when you lose Lawson, Green, Ellington, and Hansbrough. They should be right back to the top next year with the class they have coming in.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 06:27 PM)
Dude, you need to stop. Flexing your muscles after whipping North Florida?

How is just saying that ISU won and its not a surprise against a bad North Florida team "Flexing my muscles"?

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 06:48 PM)
I just checked top 25, didnt see Illinois State.

That doesn't matter to me, just stated a win, you also gave a much bigger recap of a beatdown of central arkansas so I dont see how me saying we beat north florida means I think were a top 25 team. We have a lot of work to do to get considered for that.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 07:08 PM)
How is just saying that ISU won and its not a surprise against a bad North Florida team "Flexing my muscles"?

That doesn't matter to me, just stated a win, you also gave a much bigger recap of a beatdown of central arkansas so I dont see how me saying we beat north florida means I think were a top 25 team. We have a lot of work to do to get considered for that.

Because you talk constantly about how ISU is better than Illinois and whatever his name should be an all american.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 07:37 PM)
Anyone know anything about UNLV?

Here's a decent preview of the game: http://www.thereporteronline.net/atf.php?sid=18325

In short, they're a really talented team with a lot of newcomers(sound famililiar?) and a lot of that talent comes from the transfer route(Stanback and Jasper were both 4 star recruits who originally went to UCLA and Kentucky respectively and Tre'von Willis was the 45th ranked sg out of hs and originally went to Memphis).

Should be quite the test for us. I'm expecting a loss cause it's on the road but we certainly have the talent to win this one, I just don't know if we're ready for this yet. Prove me wrong, Dawgs!

Salukis hanging tough with UNLV, leading 37-34 at the half.

I am only listening to the webcast of the game, but Teague sounds like he is going to be very solid. I wish Evans could stop with the silly fouls so he could stay in the game longer, but thats on him. Tony Freeman seems like he wants to take this game on his shoulders

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)

I am only listening to the webcast of the game, but Teague sounds like he is going to be very solid. I wish Evans could stop with the silly fouls so he could stay in the game longer, but thats on him. Tony Freeman seems like he wants to take this game on his shoulders

No one but the Freeman's has showed up so far. Crazy f***in first half. Book and Nick definitely need to stop with the silly god damn fouling and Kevin needs to wake the f*** up, he needs to score, period.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)

Both Freeman's with a good first half. Last year, we couldn't close games like this out in the 2nd half. Hopefully that is where we improved.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)
Both Freeman's with a good first half. Last year, we couldn't close games like this out in the 2nd half. Hopefully that is where we improved.

We would have already folded after that 18-2 run last year. We're already a lot better than last year but you're right, we need to learn to close games out TODAY.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 10:02 PM)
We would have already folded after that 18-2 run last year. We're already a lot better than last year but you're right, we need to learn to close games out TODAY.

And that's exactly what happened in the 2nd half here. Good f***in job guys. f***

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 08:13 PM)
Because you talk constantly about how ISU is better than Illinois and whatever his name should be an all american.

Could beat Illinois is a hell of a lot different then better then Illinois.

I'd be more worried about your Kansas team and their lackluster play vs Memphis then ISU though personally.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 08:22 PM)
Has Stan Simpson been playing for Illinois or what's the deal? Loved him as a senior at Simeon.

Didn't see him play in HS, but wouldnt be surprised if he transfers soon, seems to be getting passed up in playing time by freshman already.

Dominique Keller went to the Shawn Marion school of jump shooting...but dude can play

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 11:41 PM)
Could beat Illinois is a hell of a lot different then better then Illinois.

I'd be more worried about your Kansas team and their lackluster play vs Memphis then ISU though personally.

not concerned at all, keep your thoughts and prayers in mind though.

ISU 96, MVSU 55. Apparently MVSU was very close with Gonzaga for most of the game. Started out up 14-10, before ISU went on a 23-4 run, and ultimately outscored them 86-45 from that point.

Craig Brackins is still awesome. 28 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks in 29 minutes. Gilstrap with with 21 and 5. Garrett with 8 more assists and it looks like we should LaRon Dendy back for Friday.

Nice 15 point win over South Carolina today to win the Charleston tournament. Helped that South Carolina lost a key guy to injury early when down by 9.

This team is still young but has some talent to compete and maybe be a bubble team when it comes to March. But we turned it over way too many times today and shot only 17-29 from the FT line. We arent good enough to play like this every night and think we're going to be a bubble team. But 5-0 is 5-0 so I'm happy.