Contreras to start again?

Princess Dye

QUOTE (G&T @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 04:39 PM)
How many times have we heard that?

Too many.

My idea before was to boycott any more games started by Contreras by not showing up to the game. Since this is an away game, that kind of throws a wrench in the works.

I suggest people do not tune into the game en masse.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 05:48 PM)
I'd probably lean towards Carrasco at this point, with Jose in long-relief duty.

The weather is supposed to be bad in NY. If there are delays, Carrasco might have to get some innings tonight.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 04:31 PM)
Contreras should be starting Saturday now that Peavy can't go. Otherwise the Sox have to cut/DL somebody to make room for the spot starter. Since they haven't used Jose out of the bullpen, they might as well start him Saturday.

Because of that roster expansion, I think DL-ing Lillibridge would make sense ...PR is his best attribute and that can be replaced with a call-up.

Granted I dont know when Hudson's last start was.......but just on a theoretical level, dont you start Hudson against the Yanks and just pray --hey it's a live arm with control, assume you have a fighting chance seeing as how they've never seen him before... at least enough to get you through 5 to get to Carrasco?

I wouldnt say this if Jose hadnt been so consistently bad besides the KC start.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 06:05 PM)
Because of that roster expansion, I think DL-ing Lillibridge would make sense ...PR is his best attribute and that can be replaced with a call-up.

Granted I dont know when Hudson's last start was.......but just on a theoretical level, dont you start Hudson against the Yanks and just pray --hey it's a live arm with control, assume you have a fighting chance seeing as how they've never seen him before... at least enough to get you through 5 to get to Carrasco?

I wouldnt say this if Jose hadnt been so consistently bad besides the KC start.

Hudson has been throwing A LOT of pitches lately as he adjusts to AAA. Starting him against the Yankees is not only a bad idea, it puts him in a position to fail, not succeed. I think Chisoxfn made a more eloquent expression of this in another thread.

Edited by Disco72

Contreras and pray for rain

Jose is a proud guy and if he has anything left I would expect he will bring it all with him for this game, Another dismal start by the Count and he is all but history and maybe so are we

Edited by elrockinMT