Predict now; What Happens on Sunday w/Twins, Tigers?

greg775

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)
I always root for the division in the postseason. So it's go Twins from here on out.

I'm rooting for the Angels in the AL, talk about a classy org. The other AL playoff teams I hate with a passion.

I've got 6 words for those b****ing about the Inge play: Jermaine-Dye-Game-two-World-Series.

The Tigers got everything they deserved and then some. You blow a 7 game lead with 20 to go and you have no business in the playoffs. I can't wait to peep motownsports.com.

Edited by Jordan4life

My love for Denard Span as a player and person continues to grow. This was Sunday, way before this game.

In two previous starts, Porcello has not pitched well at the Metrodome, possibly contributing to the confidence of Twins outfielder Denard Span that "we're going to get the Tigers."

Twins outfielder Denard Span called the Tigers chokers. He told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune after Sunday's games: "I don't want to say they've choked, but, yeah, they have choked."

Awesome.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 11:36 PM)
I hate the Yankees, i just hate the Twins more. "Small ball" is about to be destroyed by "hit the living s*** out of the ball."

If this was facebook I'd "like" every one of your posts. I couldn't agree more with them tonight.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 01:30 AM)
True, Jordan4Life, but as a Sox fan, I'd be pissed if we didn't get a run in on a play in which our batter was hit by a pitch. That really cost them the game.

Weren't the bases loaded? Man, a crucial call.

That's not the point. JD had no business being awarded first base, as the ball clearly did not hit him in that game. I'm 150% sure not a single Sox fan on earth was complaining.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 12:17 AM)
I've got 6 words for those b****ing about the Inge play: Jermaine-Dye-Game-two-World-Series.

The Tigers got everything they deserved and then some. You blow a 7 game lead with 20 to go and you have no business in the playoffs. I can't wait to peep motownsports.com.

Perfectly said. The Tigers got what they deserved. The Twins were down starting pitching, half of their bullpen, and an MVP, and STILL made up seven games in a month. If the Sox played worth a s***, it could have been us.

couldnt find it in the thread, does anybody know what the actual MLB rule is regarding HBP??? Does it actually have to hit the player? Or can it hit the jersey and not the player and still be a called HBP?? Maybe Marsh saw it graze the jersey but knew it didnt actually touch Inge and so he didnt call it...

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)
couldnt find it in the thread, does anybody know what the actual MLB rule is regarding HBP??? Does it actually have to hit the player? Or can it hit the jersey and not the player and still be a called HBP?? Maybe Marsh saw it graze the jersey but knew it didnt actually touch Inge and so he didnt call it...

The jersey is part of the player's body. So it is a HBP if it hits the jersey. The problem is that Inge wears a huge jersey so the ball wasn't really that close to him as compared to other players. Since it barely grazed the jersey, I can understand not seeing it hit. Remember, the ball is going 90mph and the batter is turning. It's not an easy call unless you can hear it hit the jersey, which would be difficult in the dome with all the people.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (G&T @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 11:46 AM)
The jersey is part of the player's body. So it is a HBP if it hits the jersey. The problem is that Inge wears a huge jersey so the ball wasn't really that close to him as compared to other players. Since it barely grazed the jersey, I can understand not seeing it hit. Remember, the ball is going 90mph and the batter is turning. It's not an easy call unless you can hear it hit the jersey, which would be difficult in the dome with all the people.

thanks

If the Sox played worth a s***, it could have been us.

I know. Any mathematicians out there know what we'd have had to do starting with the Royals and O's games at home heading into that long road trip to get the job done?

Detroit really had a bad month. Congrats to Minny for taking advantage of it.

I wonder if we'd have stood a chance against NY.

Did Tampa beat us 3-1 last year? I forget.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 10:37 AM)
I know. Any mathematicians out there know what we'd have had to do starting with the Royals and O's games at home heading into that long road trip to get the job done?

Detroit really had a bad month. Congrats to Minny for taking advantage of it.

I wonder if we'd have stood a chance against NY.

Did Tampa beat us 3-1 last year? I forget.

Well we needed 7 more wins to tie two mediocre teams. I only thought this was about an 83 win team at the start of the season and they STILL managed to disappoint.