**Official Cardinals vs. Dodgers Thread**

Brian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardinals are the total upset special. They have been on cruise control since August. If the Twins weren't so beat up and tired, the Yankees would be it. Remember 5 out of the last 10 years the team with the biggest divisional lead at the end of the year, lost their opening round. Out of the 5 that did win, only one made it to the WS, and they lost.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
Mark DeRosa with one of the flat out worst plays I've ever seen in thebottom of the 3rd. It's going to end up costing them several runs.

That was as bad as any Chuck Knoblauch throw. Only cost 1 run, weren't getting 2 anyway.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
Mark DeRosa with one of the flat out worst plays I've ever seen in thebottom of the 3rd. It's going to end up costing them several runs.

only ended up costing them one.. but that was the wost throw I've seen in playoff baseball in a long time.

Edited by PlunketChris

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 08:16 PM)
Ryan Franklin=fail

He did his job, the game is over and the series tied if Matt Holliday makes a play that would have been easier for a high schooler. But instead, he turned the Cardinals stealing home field advantage into a potential sweep in one fell swoop. That play might not be remembered quite like the Bill Buckner play or Merkle's boner, but it should be.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 08:30 PM)
He did his job, the game is over and the series tied if Matt Holliday makes a play that would have been easier for a high schooler. But instead, he turned the Cardinals stealing home field advantage into a potential sweep in one fell swoop. That play might not be remembered quite like the Bill Buckner play or Merkle's boner, but it should be.

wow, can't believe the Cards lost that. I thought only the Cubs lose that kind of way. Holiday must feel terrible.