Free Agent Tracker

Heads22

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 11:17 AM)
Commiting all that money to Peralta at such an early stage wasn't such a wise idea, either. It's one of the many reasons (along with Kerry Wood) they had to trade away DeRosa.

I'm not even sure what happened to Sizemore last season. Hafner, it's pretty obvious his body shrank noticeably. So much for Pronk, more like Shrek as a hitter now.

SHRUNK

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 11:17 AM)
Commiting all that money to Peralta at such an early stage wasn't such a wise idea, either. It's one of the many reasons (along with Kerry Wood) they had to trade away DeRosa.

I'm not even sure what happened to Sizemore last season. Hafner, it's pretty obvious his body shrank noticeably. So much for Pronk, more like Shrek as a hitter now.

It basically exposed the inherent risks in the "Indians Model," which is to buy out the arb years and the first few FA years of your promising young players.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 05:24 PM)
It basically exposed the inherent risks in the "Indians Model," which is to buy out the arb years and the first few FA years of your promising young players.

But in all fairness, stuff like that is the only thing that a team in a market like Cleveland can do if they want tot have a chance to compete.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)
Looks like Khalil Green won't be reporting to Rangers camp. Social Anxiety disorder? What is that?

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 12:49 PM)
Afraid of the attention, pretty much he must be a pretty shy person.

They voided his contract: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/02/rang...s-contract.html

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 05:31 PM)
It would have been nice to grab him for that money.

I'd rather have him than Omar Vizquel or Mark Kotsay.

wow, if that's all they got him for then the Cards got a steal. DeRosa had that gimpy wrist last year and didn't produce a ton with the cards, if Lopez can do anything that's a tremendous bat to add to that line-up

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 05:33 PM)
wow, if that's all they got him for then the Cards got a steal. DeRosa had that gimpy wrist last year and didn't produce a ton with the cards, if Lopez can do anything that's a tremendous bat to add to that line-up

If he can play third, that'd be even better.

He played a great 2B last year. He hasn't been a great SS for a while. If Freese doesn't show up, he can possibly take over 3rd for the whole season.

Didn't Lopez fire Boras?

That one didn't turn out too well, kind of like the Orlando Hudson situation last year...although O-Dog got a decent deal in the end, but nothing like first speculated.

As far as Greene goes, I'm pretty sure Zach Greinke had the same thing, at least, that's what they called it originally, "social anxiety disorder."

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 05:43 PM)
Didn't Lopez fire Boras?

That one didn't turn out too well, kind of like the Orlando Hudson situation last year...although O-Dog got a decent deal in the end, but nothing like first speculated.

As far as Greene goes, I'm pretty sure Zach Greinke had the same thing, at least, that's what they called it originally, "social anxiety disorder."

I don't have any idea what level Greene has of it, but in college we watched a documentary about people with it and the high levels can be absolutely crippling.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)
If he can play third, that'd be even better.

He played a great 2B last year. He hasn't been a great SS for a while. If Freese doesn't show up, he can possibly take over 3rd for the whole season.

Agreed, I wasn't sure of his ability to play 3b, so I was just focusing on what a plus he can potentially be in the line-up, but yeah, if he can play a solid 3rd or if Freese comes up solid, they have a very good team. The only thing that would worry me as a Cards fan is how healthy Carpenter and/or Wainwright (sp?) will stay. Who is closing for them, I've completely drawing a blank?