The Tiger Woods Marriage Saga Thread

Heads22

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
Tiger's divorce is about to be official. Elin Nordegren gets $750 million dollars, sole physical custody of the kids, but she can never come out in public and talk about Tiger's flings when they were married. Tiger has to keep all girlfriends away from the kids, can only bring them around if they get married.

WOW, $750 million f***ing dollars!

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/...-woods-divorce/

While she has every right to get that $750M, it makes me think less of her.

Yes, the cheating was horrible for Tiger to do, but how much better a person is she to have chased him with a club and try to get as much as possible?

I feel most sorry for the kids in this instance.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
While she has every right to get that $750M, it makes me think less of her.

Yes, the cheating was horrible for Tiger to do, but how much better a person is she to have chased him with a club and try to get as much as possible?

I feel most sorry for the kids in this instance.

Lots of kids grow up with f***ed up families... but not a lot of kids grow up with all the money they will have. I don't feel sorry one bit.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)
Lots of kids grow up with f***ed up families... but not a lot of kids grow up with all the money they will have. I don't feel sorry one bit.

I said most sorry, so out of Elin, Tiger, and the kids, the only ones with a shred of sympathy from me are the kids.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
Tiger's divorce is about to be official. Elin Nordegren gets $750 million dollars, sole physical custody of the kids, but she can never come out in public and talk about Tiger's flings when they were married. Tiger has to keep all girlfriends away from the kids, can only bring them around if they get married.

WOW, $750 million f***ing dollars!

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/...-woods-divorce/

Good for you, Elin!

Ill be honest, Im really skeptical of this figure.

Wouldnt part of the settlement agreement be a non-disclosure agreement?

At least if I drafted that b**** there would be, and since no one could ever confirm the numbers, we will never really know. A settlement agreement isnt public record, so Im going to say that this number is not accurate.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 12:58 PM)
Ill be honest, Im really skeptical of this figure.

Wouldnt part of the settlement agreement be a non-disclosure agreement?

At least if I drafted that b**** there would be, and since no one could ever confirm the numbers, we will never really know. A settlement agreement isnt public record, so Im going to say that this number is not accurate.

It is probably someone just guessing based on Tigers worth.

I'm skeptical of this figure, but I got a feeling she knows about Tiger cheating and I mean HGH/Steroids/etc. Hearing of new mistresses or about a couple kids ain't going to be worth 750M.

Finding out he juiced like crazy would completely destroy everything he's ever accomplished.

It just seems like a sensationalized number to get readers.

What are the chances that they settled on a $750mil exactly? What are the chances Tiger's lawyers didnt put in a non-disclosure agreement? What are the chances that either Tiger or Elin's lawyer breached the nda?

Itd be one thing if it went to trial and the court ordered it. That would be public record. But any settlement agreement should have part of the agreement state that the terms of the agreement are not to be disclosed. And the disclosure of the agreement would void the agreement/ make further liability etc.

Just basic stuff and Tiger is paying his attorneys way to much to f*** that up.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 01:25 PM)
I'm skeptical of this figure, but I got a feeling she knows about Tiger cheating and I mean HGH/Steroids/etc. Hearing of new mistresses or about a couple kids ain't going to be worth 750M.

Finding out he juiced like crazy would completely destroy everything he's ever accomplished.

The HGH/Steroids thing is key. It'd be worth 750 million dollars just to keep that quiet if his wife knows about it and is willing to chirp, because Tiger and everything he's done is irrelevant if he was on that stuff. He'd just be another Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
The HGH/Steroids thing is key. It'd be worth 750 million dollars just to keep that quiet if his wife knows about it and is willing to chirp, because Tiger and everything he's done is irrelevant if he was on that stuff. He'd just be another Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens.

I think his would be far worse than Bonds or Clemens.

Not buying the HGH thing at all (and even if he did, there was rumors it was when he had his knee injury to heal up quicker) but I definitely think there is many more woman out there than reported... possibly another kid(s) as a poster said here too. (or probably an STD)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
Not buying the HGH thing at all (and even if he did, there was rumors it was when he had his knee injury to heal up quicker) but I definitely think there is many more woman out there than reported... possibly another kid(s) as a poster said here too. (or probably an STD)

Supposedly Tiger is into some really weird things. She was/is taking some college courses on psych issues. It looks like she's getting $100 million, a max contract.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 07:22 PM)
Supposedly Tiger is into some really weird things. She was/is taking some college courses on psych issues. It looks like she's getting $100 million, a max contract.

Apparently if Tiger lets Elin leave as a UFA, he can do a sign-and-trade for two max skanks. He just can't announce them to the kids until the deals are finalized.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 20, 2010 -> 07:39 PM)
NOBODY deserves that much money for doing nothing.

If Tiger didn't want to lose all of this money (whatever the actual amount is), he shouldn't have cheated. And if he didn't want to only have sex with one woman, he shouldn't have got married. Since he didn't take either piece of advice, he loses a lot of his assets to Elin. Those are the rules, and he knew them going in.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 08:07 AM)
So, is Tiger Woods finished?

What's funny is that it seems people are still giving him the benefit of the doubt despite how awful he has been playing. Most gambling websites have him as the favorite or 2nd just behind Phil to win the PGA champ.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 08:56 AM)
The other thing that makes me think that is...he's not just coming back from "Family problems", we haven't seen the regularly dominant Tiger Woods since he won the U.S. open on 1 knee and then shut it down for a year for surgery.

yea, when I mentioned he is getting old, that was part of it. He's going to start wearing down soon. Not that he wont be good, but he may never be dominant again.