could be something (most likely not)

chisox2334

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 06:34 PM)
Why would this be sarcastic? It appears we've blown our payroll room on bench players and reclamation projects. Kenny has been more under the influence than under the radar at this point. I really hope this changes because this is the most disappointing offseason I've ever experienced, given what the expectations should be knowing our starting rotation.

can i buy you a calendar for christmas? it's december 14th

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 04:34 PM)
Can i turn this thread a bit: How does Kenny make so many "I didnt see that coming" trades? Normally you start to hear whispers and leaks, but so often it's just BAM! a trade.

I think he tells teams that time is of the essence. There was an article recently from the winter meetings and it was talking about how no other teams express the urgency of KW.

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
Ok, was it really said on ESPN 1000 that Adrian Gonzalez trade is being discussed right now? I don't have it streaming at the moment...

It's just classic ESPN s*** slurping the Red Sox. How does Clay Buchholz even have trade value anymore? Isn't he like 25 now, and having done nothing really in the bigs?

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (G&T @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)
I think he tells teams that time is of the essence. There was an article recently from the winter meetings and it was talking about how no other teams express the urgency of KW.

So, basically he just moves fast? He doesnt work on a trade for weeks, he just goes in with an idea and gets it done in a day or two?

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)
Why would this be sarcastic? It appears we've blown our payroll room on bench players and reclamation projects. Kenny has been more under the influence than under the radar at this point. I really hope this changes because this is the most disappointing offseason I've ever experienced, given what the expectations should be knowing our starting rotation.

lol wut? Worst offseason you have experienced? How many have you experienced? We've bolstered the pen, and now have a pitching staff that may be the strongest (on paper) in baseball, or close to it. We've got a bench full of guys who are exactly what you want - Vizquel's glove and tutoring of the middle infield, Kotsay being a perfect 4th OF and 1B, Jones and his high potential for uber-cheap. You have the Sox waiting on a DH with the glut hanging out there, which is exactly what they should do. The only negative I see so far, is the missing outfielder, and its still early.

Seriously, you are being absurd. What's not to like here, other than the OF spot, and oh by the way its not March yet. Or February, or January, or even late December. Have you seen a whole bunch of teams signing all the good OF's? Because until the couple big trades that came up very recently, seems to me KW was moving faster than most teams were.

This team, today, is better than it was on 10/1, and far better than it was on 4/1. With the OF and DH decisions yet to come. Seems to me its been a pretty good offseason so far.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 04:39 PM)
So, basically he just moves fast? He doesnt work on a trade for weeks, he just goes in with an idea and gets it done in a day or two?

I guess so. I assume that by the time he proposes a trade his work is done and he feels he is offering a a fair deal, and not one that has to be heavily negotiated.

QUOTE (G&T @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
I guess so. I assume that by the time he proposes a trade his work is done and he feels he is offering a a fair deal, and not one that has to be heavily negotiated.

He has always struck me as that kind of guy. Do the home work, have alternatives... get it done.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 04:46 PM)
He has always struck me as that kind of guy. Do the home work, have alternatives... get it done.

I also think it's why people here think he over pays in his trades. I think he'd rather offer a little extra talent to get the deal done quick rather than lowball and wait to let another team find out what he's doing and up the price beyond what he'd be willing to pay.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
Oh god, it would make my offseason! Haha. We would have to shed some major salary to do that, like dump Paulie on some team, and get rid of Jenks to start.

Like to the Angels in a three-way for AG. ;)

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
I'm just telling you what I heard on the radio. I'm skeptical about a Gonz trade to the White Sox as well, but If Kenny is making a move it makes me wonder if its for him.

maybe thats why he passed on matsui :) ....yea,hes most likely not coming here :( i doubt kw could fly that much under the radar. what a bargain, a-gon is going to make less than 5 mil next yr, wow. get it done!

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
lol wut? Worst offseason you have experienced? How many have you experienced? We've bolstered the pen, and now have a pitching staff that may be the strongest (on paper) in baseball, or close to it. We've got a bench full of guys who are exactly what you want - Vizquel's glove and tutoring of the middle infield, Kotsay being a perfect 4th OF and 1B, Jones and his high potential for uber-cheap. You have the Sox waiting on a DH with the glut hanging out there, which is exactly what they should do. The only negative I see so far, is the missing outfielder, and its still early.

Seriously, you are being absurd. What's not to like here, other than the OF spot, and oh by the way its not March yet. Or February, or January, or even late December. Have you seen a whole bunch of teams signing all the good OF's? Because until the couple big trades that came up very recently, seems to me KW was moving faster than most teams were.

This team, today, is better than it was on 10/1, and far better than it was on 4/1. With the OF and DH decisions yet to come. Seems to me its been a pretty good offseason so far.

I demand that Northside be banned from Soxtalk forever. He's doing something disgusting. He's doing something rarely seen around these parts. He's making sense. I want him gone!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:38 PM)
It's just classic ESPN s*** slurping the Red Sox. How does Clay Buchholz even have trade value anymore? Isn't he like 25 now, and having done nothing really in the bigs?

ur completely right. so the red sox are going to get gonzalez by giving them buchholz (and prospects) yet we would have to give up danks or floyd (and prospects) b.s.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 04:14 PM)
ur completely right. so the red sox are going to get gonzalez by giving them buchholz (and prospects) yet we would have to give up danks or floyd (and prospects) b.s.

Typical Red Sox bulls***. Buchholz is vastly overrated.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 04:14 PM)

The Red Sox have a considerably better farm than we do. So they wouldn't have to give up pieces from the major league team to make a deal work.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 04:16 PM)
What did he say?

Just that he doesn't want him, and that he's good at making outs.

My opinion? He's better than Podsednik, but I agree with Bernstein--I'd rather have the cheaper Brett Gardner than take on Pierre's contract.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 04:16 PM)
What did he say?

He said something about the White Sox having interest in him and how he thinks that Pierre is BAD with no arm and a little speed. He was blabbering about how Pierre was bad before he came to the Cubs and how he had 2 good weeks last year when Man Ram was suspended. Bernsie is a tool.