could be something (most likely not)

chisox2334

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
I do not remember where I read this, but I could have sworn I read something that the Padres are looking for ready now players. Didn't they get four pitching prospects from us for Peavy? I could see them looking for position players.

Well whatever the case we sold the padres 1 good prospect (poreda) and 1 flavor of the month (Richard) and got Jake Peavy. Neither of which are projected to be front line starters.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ranger @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 12:19 AM)
So you two think it is likely? I'm here to tell you that it isn't. It's not completely impossible, but it's also not likely.

It would take some good fortune to make that happen. Let's hope good fortune is coming to the south side. If it does, I'll be the first to throw a party.

yea we know its not, we just want it to happen but it wont

QUOTE (BearSox @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 09:56 PM)
weve actually had a good track record with pitchers though... hitters on the other hand.

You're right, the Sox and Walker had nothing to do with Quentin's 2008 season, the reincarnation of Jermaine Dye, Jim Thome hitting the s*** out of the ball in 06, Joe Crede's 2006 season, Scott Podsednik's 2005 and 2009, Rowand's 2004, Konerko's resurgence in 2004 and 2008, and I'm sure there are a few more too. And I don't dare mention the golden boy Beckham, who had an OPS of .398 after his first 42 plate appearances (he put up .853 from that point forward).

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 11:49 AM)
Would you guys trade for AGonzo with a package centered around Alexei Ramirez? Something like Ramirez, Flowers, Morel, Retherford, & Nix

If yes, what options are out there for a replacement SS?

I would and Omar Vizquel would be fine for a year or O dawg should come at a decent price.

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 09:49 AM)
Would you guys trade for AGonzo with a package centered around Alexei Ramirez? Something like Ramirez, Flowers, Morel, Retherford, & Nix

If yes, what options are out there for a replacement SS?

Gonzalez is underpriced for two years. It would take a ton more than that package to nab him. It would have to include Hudson & Flowers..and to be honest some third thing that's real nice.