Top Ten Worst Sox of the Decade

DABearSoX

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im really surprised dwise isn't being hung out to dry here in this thread......

I was hoping it was because like Sally Field, people like me.

They realize I would sob upon reading Weezy's name over and over.

My list:

I despised Clayton.

I really didn't like Erstad.

All those backup catchers who have sucked.

Betemit really was bad.

Boone Logan was oh, so bad.

Rios gets a clean slate with me. I really am hoping he hits next year. He is fun to watch defensively gliding after the ball. If he goes oh for April, however, I may have a stroke.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 02:33 PM)
15. Julio Ramirez

14. Felix Diaz

13. Mike MacDougal

12. Jose Paniagua

11. Brian Anderson

10. Jerry Owens

9. Arnie Munoz

8. Ben Davis

7. Andy Gonzalez

6. DeWayne Wise

5. D'Angelo Jimenez

4. Joe Borchard

3. Billy Koch

2. Danny Wright

1. Timo Perez

Thanks for reminding me of that one. I believe I was the only one that was excited when we snagged him. He makes me think fondly of the days of Jamie Burke.

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 04:15 PM)
Thanks for reminding me of that one. I believe I was the only one that was excited when we snagged him. He makes me think fondly of the days of Jamie Burke.

No you weren't. In fact.. I had a Ben Davis fan club that had ALOT of members (alot of smart posters, people here wouldn't believe) on it back in the day. (me and aboz had the two biggest fan clubs, though his Buehrle club was alot smarter than my club was :lol: though alot of his members were with me too) I was a huge Ben Davis fan and so were others in the fan club. :D I still have the PM's back in 2004 with posters who wanted to join FYI. I also had a crazy cool BD sig Goldy made for me back then (though I can't find it.. :()

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 04:20 PM)
yeah what's with that s***

Sorry I just didn't like the guy. All he did was swing for the fences and struck out 100 times. He hit for a terrible average and was poor fundamentally. A .240 hitter that hits 25 homers doesn't impress me at all. Plus he made a ton of errors.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
Sorry I just didn't like the guy. All he did was swing for the fences and struck out 100 times. He hit for a terrible average and was poor fundamentally. A .240 hitter that hits 25 homers doesn't impress me at all. Plus he made a ton of errors.

but........IMG_1589.jpg

My unique mix of guys who sucked and the ones I just don't like:

1. Darin Erstad

2. Andy Gonzalez

3. Jose Paniagua

4. Rick White

5. Julio Ramirez

6. Felix Diaz

7. Jon Rauch

8. Jerry Owens

9. Dewon Day

10. Horacio Ramirez

Honorable mention:

Tanyon Sturtze

Jesus Pena

Alan Embree

Josh Paul

Royce Clayton

Todd Ritchie

D'Angelo Jimenez

Roberto Alomar

Armando Rios

Arnie Munoz

Mike Jackson

Wilson Valdez

Pedro Lopez

Andy Sisco

Gustavo Molina

Luis Terrero

Horacio Ramirez

Bartolo Colon

Jimmy Gobble

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
Andy Gonzalez: .185/.280/.249/.529, 39 OPS+

Brent Lillibridge: .158/.273/.179/.452, 21 OPS+

If Lillibridge hadn't had only half the at bats that Andy Gonzalez did, then he could be in better contention for worst player, but really he was only up at the plate for a little more 100 times, whereas Gonzalez had pretty much gotten a fulltime role as a utility player in the latter half and ended with over double the ABs that Lilly had. Here's the game that made me hate him forever. Check out the 3rd inning.

I always cut Andy Gonzalez a little slack cuz of that 20 pitch AB against Zumaya. It was one of his first PA and I thought, "Man if this guy can battle with the good Zumaya, we might have something here". Turned out to be a can a old turds, but whatever. I hated the man Alan Embree, everything about him; oh yea and his pitching sucked too. I took everything he did quite personally.

Its so hard to pick the worst, but I have several more than 10 who deserve a mention:

McKay Christensen

Andy Gonzalez

Ken Hill

Jack Egbert

Wes Whisler

Arnie Munoz

Armando Rios

Todd Ritchie

Julio Ramirez

Jeff Bajenaro

Josh Stewart

Dewon Day

Mike Myers

Jose Paniagua

Brent Lillibridge

Some pretty bad players right there. I would have put Toby Hall on the list, but I like guys who make shaving cream pies.

Edited by Dick Allen

Looking over everyone's list, I would like tos ay this about Billy Botch. I can not remember anyone who faced up to dis suckyness with more character and professionalism. As his career went down the s***ter, he didn't hide, he accepted responsibility and was brutally honest at times. Later he started beating up neighbors, but I have to say of all the names mentioned, he's the one I have some empathy and respect for.

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 07:40 PM)
Looking over everyone's list, I would like tos ay this about Billy Botch. I can not remember anyone who faced up to dis suckyness with more character and professionalism. As his career went down the s***ter, he didn't hide, he accepted responsibility and was brutally honest at times. Later he started beating up neighbors, but I have to say of all the names mentioned, he's the one I have some empathy and respect for.

i always felt sick to my stomache when he came into a game lol...didnt jose paniagua only play one game with the sox..facing the twins and he stuck his middle finger at the ump, or am i wrong? cant remember

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 02:48 PM)
Paniagua really packed a lot into that third of an inning, didn't he?

I believe numerous Twins players admitted that in that game, the inning he pitched, really swung the momentum their way that season and they ended up winning the division.

Anyway... not in any order.

Jose Paniagua

Rick White

Todd Ritchie

Brent Lillibridge

Darin Erstad

Andy Gonzalez

Joe Borchard

Mike MacDougal

Timo Perez

DeAngelo Jimenez

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)
Ben Davis is a reminder of how many guys flop in baseball.

Wasn't he another first rounder? Wow he stunk.

Like BA, he looked like a can't miss player; yet stunk.

Second OVERALL pick in the draft.