Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ May 5, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
Have you guys seen the 101.9 Erik and Kathy billboards that are all over I90 and I294? I've seen 3 different ones, and each one equally wants me to punch both of them in the face.

I only see them when I visit the city, and I have no idea what they do, but yeah, I remember having that feeling.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2010 -> 07:55 AM)
I can't wait until they decide to slow Soxtalk down on your connection unless you pay an extra $10/month. Then the Filibuster is mine, all mine!

Nice. That's awesome... :lolhitting

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ May 5, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
Have you guys seen the 101.9 Erik and Kathy billboards that are all over I90 and I294? I've seen 3 different ones, and each one equally wants me to punch both of them in the face.

If you ever heard their show, you'd want to throw your radio at their faces.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ May 5, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)

You didnt think the one where their eyes were crossed was clever ?.. I mean, I almost had to pull the car over on the the shoulder cause I was bustin a gut I tell ya!

I caught the tail end of a conversation Mac and Speegs were having about someone being suspended that is a writer or radio host for being drunk on the job. I never got to hear who it was, does anyone know what they were talking about?

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ May 6, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
I caught the tail end of a conversation Mac and Speegs were having about someone being suspended that is a writer or radio host for being drunk on the job. I never got to hear who it was, does anyone know what they were talking about?

Its in the May catch-all thread, I believe Harry Teinowitz was in the clubhouse after the game a bit on the tipsy side.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 6, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)
Its in the May catch-all thread, I believe Harry Teinowitz was in the clubhouse after the game a bit on the tipsy side.

Thanks, I dont know where that is but that makes sense relative to what they were saying.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 8, 2010 -> 04:32 PM)
I know absolutely nothing about clothing so my question might be obvious to many. What are good websites to buy nice looking polo shirts? I'm not looking to spend $40 for one, somewhere closer to $25 for one.

Try macys.com and sort by price under $30.

I've done the work for you

You can also try Old Navy. They have a good selection of polos.

Otherwise, shop outlets. Outlets are awesome.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 8, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
I know absolutely nothing about clothing so my question might be obvious to many. What are good websites to buy nice looking polo shirts? I'm not looking to spend $40 for one, somewhere closer to $25 for one.

Well, my polos usually come from Ralph Loren Polo and Brooks Brothers. But, if you're looking to spend ~$30, I really like Gap's polos. It's not a place I usually shop, but my sister bought me 2 last summer and I like them a lot. They're very classic looking. J Crew also has some relatively inexpensive polos that look good (~$30). Those would be my two suggestions.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5...;scid=717991002

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/MensBrowse...~~~~~/82460.jsp

Edited by dasox24

I just watched a cool program on NatGeo about the original search for the Titanic. It turns out this was the third wreck search undertaken by this capitian at the time, but it was the first that was not classified. The Navy agreed to let the guy search for the Titanic if he took two other missions to find subs that had sunk during the 60's under suspicious conditions. If he could keep everything a secret, and prove effective, they would let him search for the Titanic as a cover for the mission after the two other finds were done. It turns out the technology worked, and the rest is history.

So, I have one last class to take before I graduate and I am taking it over the summer. This means that I will have to miss our family vacation. My parents decided to make it up to me by taking me out to a nice dinner in the city last night. We went to the Chop House and it was awesome. It was definitely one of the best meals I have ever had.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 10, 2010 -> 04:25 PM)
So, in the aftermath of having a second child it seems a bill slipped through the cracks and we got a collections notice. OOPS!

Not the end of the world - just pay it and it'll go away, it probably won't show up on your credit

I bought a CFL bulb last week and it blew out already. What in the f***... I know it has a warranty but you need to keep the box (I actually did) AND the proof of purchase. Who actually keeps proof of purchase on a light bulb? I must have 20 or 30 CFL bulbs in my house, when one is bad that's just money down the s***ter.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 10, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)
I bought a CFL bulb last week and it blew out already. What in the f***... I know it has a warranty but you need to keep the box (I actually did) AND the proof of purchase. Who actually keeps proof of purchase on a light bulb? I must have 20 or 30 CFL bulbs in my house, when one is bad that's just money down the s***ter.

I noticed this oddity with CFL's - I replaced pretty much every bulb in my house with those a few years ago. One blew out within a week or two, the others have all lasted 3 years or so and are still going fine. That seems to be the deal with CFL's, they either blow out early, or last forever. Fortunately, its usually the latter.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 10, 2010 -> 07:12 PM)
Not the end of the world - just pay it and it'll go away, it probably won't show up on your credit

I quickly found the lost bill, mailed off a check to the hospital and I'll "dispute" the claim in a few days after the check has cleared.

So, I went for a hike yesterday and the ticks were out of control! I hate ticks. I hate them so much.

Does anyone have any good techniques for not getting ticks? I hate them.

QUOTE (Soxy @ May 11, 2010 -> 09:58 AM)
So, I went for a hike yesterday and the ticks were out of control! I hate ticks. I hate them so much.

I use the "stay indoors and watch TV" method. :)

QUOTE (Soxy @ May 11, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)

Sometimes they're just unavoidable in certain areas.

DEET does sometimes work for me. But if you walk into the wrong brush...it's time for a tick check.

QUOTE (Soxy @ May 11, 2010 -> 09:58 AM)

The north woods are a bad place for that, you will get ticks if you spend time in the backcountry, period. Just need to do a check when you come back. Luckily, Lyme Disease is still rare in that part of the country, but you can still get it (from Deer Ticks, which are the smaller ones that you can barely see).

Here are some tips from an outdoorsman:

--Blouse your pants into your boots/shoes/socks

--Wear thick socks

--Use a heavy-deet insect repellant like Muskol (the stuff that says don't use on furniture or painted surfaces), not the weak "Off" stuff, and use it particularly on your legs and arms.

--Try to avoid brushing up against plants and shrubs when you can

--Try not to sit on the ground much

If you actually get a tick, use a real tick remover if you can find one - if you pull out out with tweezers or by hand, try to get as much of it out as you can. If you leave part of it in there, you can still get disease from it.