Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 01:07 AM)
My mother is gonna have back surgery to repair 2 herniated disks at the TOP of her spine. They will have to cut from her neck to go back there. (barely can lift her right arm as it is, and if they wait any longer, she will be paralyzed from the neck down even though she's walking fine now besides her arm) Very dangerous surgery from her other ones. This will be her 4th major surgery in the last 3 years (dangerous job she has with these surgeries, though the money is good of course), but none are as bad as this one.

Good luck and good vibes to your mom! My dad had that surgery a few years ago--and he came out of it just fine. I'm sure your mom will be great!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 01:07 AM)
My mother is gonna have back surgery to repair 2 herniated disks at the TOP of her spine. They will have to cut from her neck to go back there. (barely can lift her right arm as it is, and if they wait any longer, she will be paralyzed from the neck down even though she's walking fine now besides her arm) Very dangerous surgery from her other ones. This will be her 4th major surgery in the last 3 years (dangerous job she has with these surgeries, though the money is good of course), but none are as bad as this one.

Pulling for her, buddy.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 08:22 AM)
Since where is the a train that goes through campus?

Up by Veenker, I guess it's just north of campus.

Also, Drake student murdered yesterday, he was at home in south central Iowa, but he was found leaning up against a bridge at 1 in the morning.

People my age need to stop dying.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 01:44 AM)
Which is no surprise because Miller Lite Sux.

I just really never got into the cheap American Beers whilst I was over there. Was always a 6 pack of Corona's or Heineken's when I made a run to the Spirits / Bottle Shop.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
Just got a job at the new Levi's store in Aurora. Feeling kinda good right now.

Remember when you applied to Nike and interviewed but didn't tell me that you did, so I could tell the managers to hire you. BTW where is the Levi's store? Is it at the outlet mall?

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
Remember when you applied to Nike and interviewed but didn't tell me that you did, so I could tell the managers to hire you. BTW where is the Levi's store? Is it at the outlet mall?

Yes I remember that Brandon. Yeah, it opens next weekend I believe.

A passing reference to Cold Stone Creamery in another thread reminded me to tell y'all about the bast new ice cream place in the known universe. Place just opened by me called Cold Fusion that uses fresh cream, fruits, syrups, and liquid nitrogen to flash freeze fresh ice cream to order. I thought Cold Stone and Marble Slab were good, but they can't beat this place.