Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

So, I have decided that at all future weddings I am giving donations in honor of the couple. I just can't justify the spendgasm that is modern weddings.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxy @ May 2, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
So, I have decided that at all future weddings I am giving donations in honor of the couple. I just can't justify the spendgasm that is modern weddings.

Especially when you are IN the wedding party. Awful!

QUOTE (Soxy @ May 2, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)

You're not kidding. I have one more friend that will have a wedding, and I know I'll be in it. I'm dreading that.

Then, I won't have another wedding until my girls get married (shudder at the thought of what 20 years from now will look like for spending).

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 2, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
Thanks Wite, I saw that, but there's also about 20 other sites with different ideas, I was hoping somebody here had some first hand experience.

I was also thinking you could just paint over it, but then you'd have to paint the rest of it, and you just can't paint bricks. I suck at thinking sometimes.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 2, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)
You're not kidding. I have one more friend that will have a wedding, and I know I'll be in it. I'm dreading that.

Then, I won't have another wedding until my girls get married (shudder at the thought of what 20 years from now will look like for spending).

One couple had three different different vacuums! Three! What? I have one and that's enough. And a bread warming basket--who under the age of 70 needs a bread warmer?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 3, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)
Just passed the final part of the Certified Internal Auditor exam. Phew!

Congrats! Now you can do that stuff! CIA!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 3, 2010 -> 10:34 AM)
Thanks!

Is that like a "terminal" certification (like the PhD of auditing)? Or do you still want/need to do more of them?

QUOTE (Soxy @ May 3, 2010 -> 10:43 AM)
Is that like a "terminal" certification (like the PhD of auditing)? Or do you still want/need to do more of them?

Pretty much. There are other, more specialized, certifications though.

I don't want to click on the "What would you do" thread because I don't want to see the image. Of course I am curious...but no, I'm not gonna do it.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 3, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)
Just passed the final part of the Certified Internal Auditor exam. Phew!

Awesome, M. That's terrific. I know how hard it is to pass those damn things.

I'm taking the CMA right now.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:32 PM)
I know, those evil mother f***ing corporations.

/oops, not the filibuster. ;)

I can't wait until they decide to slow Soxtalk down on your connection unless you pay an extra $10/month. Then the Filibuster is mine, all mine!