The Jim Thome Saga Ends

southsider2k5

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 10:42 AM)
gonzalez supposably isnt even available at the moment so what does that mean?(signing thome if they dont land agon)

Whether the club can get Gonzalez or not is another question, but the Sox have interest in Adrian. But if they aren't able to land Adrian for there DH, I expect Thome to come back in a reduced role. He would still be the primary starter, but I expect him to get less at-bats with Jones and some others stepping in.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
Ugh.

Ozzie, I hope you're happy when Jim Thome kills us next year.

I look forward to seeing Thome swing and miss at every high fastball that is thrown to him by Thornton

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
Whether the club can get Gonzalez or not is another question, but the Sox have interest in Adrian. But if they aren't able to land Adrian for there DH, I expect Thome to come back in a reduced role. He would still be the primary starter, but I expect him to get less at-bats with Jones and some others stepping in.

I doubt anyone would have a problem with that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 12:47 PM)
I look forward to seeing Thome swing and miss at every high fastball that is thrown at him by Thornton

This.

Thome is a great guy and can hit homers, but I got frustrated watching him at times.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 01:06 PM)
This would be the best thing ever! First the Sox wouldn't get him, thank god. Then, he would waste a roster spot for the Twins considering they have Kubel. Then, when he does play, he will only be a detriment to the team!! Make it happen baby!

Yeah, you're right. Rotating Jones and Kotsay is a much better idea.

This would be the best thing ever! First the Sox wouldn't get him, thank god. Then, he would waste a roster spot for the Twins considering they have Kubel. Then, when he does play, he will only be a detriment to the team!! Make it happen baby!

Becuase Mark Kotsay is, like, so much better!

I dont think Jim could ever be classified as a detriment to a team. ever.

This deal makes very little sense. I severly doubt the twins would like to stick Jason "doughboy" Kubel in left field most of the year so Thome can DH. Delmon Young is their LF and Kubel is a well above average DH already. If Thome does go there I could see him only as a bench player, but it sill makes very little sense.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 01:24 PM)
Kotsay @ 34>>>>>>>>>Thome @ 39/40 and its not even close in my opinion

Are you drunk or just stupid? Even in his best year since 2004, Kotsay wasn't even close to the production that Thome gave us last year. The amount of crap Thome gets from Sox fans is downright embarrassing, and people who say that Kotsay is as good as (or better than) Thome should be embarrassed about their lack of basic baseball knowledge.