Technology catch-all thread

iamshack

ugh, was all excited to root my htc one today but it is not being recognized by any computer right now. I've reinstalled drivers a thousand times and sync manager, turned on usb debugging, etc. It's charging but is not recognized on any computer.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 15, 2014 -> 09:38 AM)
Sigh, i know this is going to end up being the USB.

That happened to me. Was dicking around forever and switched USB cords, making it work right away. Also, uninstall any others Android devices' drivers if you have those installed

QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 15, 2014 -> 09:27 PM)
That happened to me. Was dicking around forever and switched USB cords, making it work right away. Also, uninstall any others Android devices' drivers if you have those installed

It was the USB, I did hours of dicking aroudn because I didn't want to go to the car to get my other one.

ALso fun, because i killed the battery on my PC, I can't use the cyanogenmod mac installer because my phones on 4.4 now. Long day. If you find the htc one sprint img for 4.3 let me know.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 15, 2014 -> 03:48 PM)
It was the USB, I did hours of dicking aroudn because I didn't want to go to the car to get my other one.

ALso fun, because i killed the battery on my PC, I can't use the cyanogenmod mac installer because my phones on 4.4 now. Long day. If you find the htc one sprint img for 4.3 let me know.

I think they have some Xposed mods for Sense. I don't even flash ROMs anymore, I just use stock + Xposed. It gets me pretty much everything I want from custom ROMs without having to wipe my data every time I flash a new ROM.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 5, 2014 -> 01:03 AM)
Question for you tech guys

I had MLBTV last year and it worked fine where I was at until I visited Chicago for a week and brought my lap top. I came back to Missouri and try to use MLBTV to watch a Sox game and I was told I was blacked out. I called MLBTV up and eventually saw my IP address was going through Indiana.. They told me to unplug my router and modem but that didn't help. So they mainly gave me access and it worked for a few weeks until I went to Michigan and brought my lap top. I came back and again I was being blacked out because my IP said I was in Indiana when I was in Missouri. Called MLBTV again and they said I needed to contact my ISP. I did that and the guy said he never heard of that. He made me unplug everything and reset it and it didn't work and told me to contact MLBTV because every other IP address site said I was in Missouri so it must be MLBTV. I pretty much gave up watching the game on my lap top because it was such a pain in the ass.

Anyone know how to fix this so I don't have to deal with it this year again??

When I look up my IP through MLB it says 33603 which is Tampa, FL which is new. Last year it was Indiana.

When I use what is my IP it has me at the right city I live in.

What the heck is going on!?!

Just went on the website to look at it again and apparently I am in Sacramento, California now.. MLBTV is messed up. I am kind of hoping it stays though because I am usually blacked out for games against KC and this way I can still watch those games

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or the catch all thread.......I've got a regular ol run of the mill acer laptop running windows 7....My neice was over this morning and she somehow changed the size of the icons, fonts, and just everything, said something about a ruler looking thing she messed with....Any way I know where I have to go (either personalize then change text size, or control panel then system restore) but everything is just too damn big and the things I need to click on aren't showing up......Any help would be awesome.

*Disregard*

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Feb 19, 2014 -> 11:16 AM)
Showtime Anytime is now available on Roku.

http://blog.roku.com/blog/2014/02/18/showt...unches-on-roku/

I surprised Chromcast wasnt the first one they supported. Its about time they started integration with these devices. They've been holding their content hostage for too long.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 21, 2014 -> 04:13 PM)
Facebook paid $19B for WhatsApp (I thing I've never heard of before this week, probably means I'm getting old). To put that into perspective:

tumblr_n1bbr7WDoN1ttzatvo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n1a5jd8ZQR1ttzatvo1_400.png

tumblr_n1b8druiIh1ttzatvo1_500.png

tumblr_n1a4wtKURU1ttzatvo1_400.png

I posted something similar on Facebook...however, I compared it to the fact they paid 19billion for a chat app, whereas we landed a rover on Mars, and maintain it, and that entire mission was 820million (about 950million after extensions, as the rover lasted longer than the expected 90 days).

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 21, 2014 -> 04:53 PM)
While excessive, I don't think many Americans realize how much that is used abroad. All of my friends from Brazil still chat me with it.

It was necessary to text foreigners, but it's not anymore. I now have unlimited international texting with Verizon, I'm sure the others will follow suit.

They did it to combat their massive loss of teens/youth more than they did it for foreigners, as that app isn't used in China, it's competitor is, and if it's numbers you're interested in, you want China.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 21, 2014 -> 02:56 PM)
Yeah, apparently it's big internationally where SMS text plans are often expensive, especially if they're international messages. But still, $19B? For a messaging app? User bases come and go all the time. It's hard to see how they could make their money back on this.

Don't they generate like 400M in revenues. That is an absurd multiple. None of this recent tech stuff makes sense. Drop box valued at $10B.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Feb 21, 2014 -> 05:13 PM)
It was necessary to text foreigners, but it's not anymore. I now have unlimited international texting with Verizon, I'm sure the others will follow suit.

They did it to combat their massive loss of teens/youth more than they did it for foreigners, as that app isn't used in China, it's competitor is, and if it's numbers you're interested in, you want China.

Foreign plans are often structured differently for texting, so it's not so much a thing for the US market (or least that's my understanding of what it was ).