Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 09:26 AM)
Yikes, Nate Burleson for 25 Mil to the Lions, 11 mil guaranteed

Might be a bit pricey, but Burleson's a pretty decent receiver, a very solid #2. He should help get more open looks for Megatron and help out young Stafford. Now the fact that the Lions probably had way more glaring needs other than WR is another story.

Aaron Kampman I am hearing is going to be a Seattle Seahawk and Chad Clifton received a 7 million offer from the Redskins. Green Bay better not offer 7 million for Clifton, I will lose it, please let him go, not worth it. Kampman never fit in the system so I don't mind losing him either, I will take the comp picks in 2011.

Ted Thompson better break out the checkbook for a change this season and stop relying so heavily on the draft. I doubt it happens though but I will get my hopes up anyways.

Lions paid way too much for Burleson but I do like the Corey Williams trade for them. Wonder how that affects their pick. I see they might be getting Van Den Bosch, never was a fan of his.

I see nothing indicating the Peppers and Taylor deals are done, frankly, you guys can have both. Both are over 30 and imo your better off with Kampman who is younger and will take less money to get. Your still thin at DE anyways after losing Adams, Ogunleye and Anderson.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
Aaron Kampman I am hearing is going to be a Seattle Seahawk and Chad Clifton received a 7 million offer from the Redskins. Green Bay better not offer 7 million for Clifton, I will lose it, please let him go, not worth it. Kampman never fit in the system so I don't mind losing him either, I will take the comp picks in 2011.

Ted Thompson better break out the checkbook for a change this season and stop relying so heavily on the draft. I doubt it happens though but I will get my hopes up anyways.

Lions paid way too much for Burleson but I do like the Corey Williams trade for them. Wonder how that affects their pick. I see they might be getting Van Den Bosch, never was a fan of his.

I see nothing indicating the Peppers and Taylor deals are done, frankly, you guys can have both. Both are over 30 and imo your better off with Kampman who is younger and will take less money to get. Your still thin at DE anyways after losing Adams, Ogunleye and Anderson.

When did the Bears lose Anderson?

A former DT was on WSCR this morning and had an interesting take on Peppers who he played with.

He agreed Peppers goes at 80% too often but his 80% is better than 95% of most guys 100%. He said that Peppers is athletically better than everyone and that he wants to come to a big stage and do what he does, rush the passer and the Bears 4-3 offers that as NE and Phil drop guys into coverage and are running odd things. He also said that he believes Peppers is still maturing and will be better with his new team.

Pretty good stuff.

The TE thing gets me. They better get a numebr 2 for Olsen.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 10:56 AM)
If we lose him, we get a high draft pick for him. And I'm fine with that.

Your better off, I was telling other Bears fans that you guys always seem to do well in drafting defensive linemen that it really isn't a worry.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 08:58 AM)
Your better off, I was telling other Bears fans that you guys always seem to do well in drafting defensive linemen that it really isn't a worry.

And if Anderson stays, I like the idea of a possible Peppers (please)/Brown/Anderson as our three primary DE's.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 07:24 AM)
Its official, Bears sign Manumaleuna

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...anumaleuna.html

Manumaleuna, who at 6-foot-2 and 295 pounds is the size of an offensive lineman, will sign a five-year contract with the Bears later Friday pending a physical. His signing does not spell the end of Olsen's Bears career, however, but it does cast doubt on the status of veteran tight end Desmond Clark.

Thank god, I like Dez to an extent, but get his old declining ass out of here.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)

:huh:

Peppers is younger than Kampman. (albeit only a few months) Peppers just turned 30 two months ago. Taylor is 30 right now (will be 31 in late November/December I believe)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 11:32 AM)
Thank god, I like Dez to an extent, but get his old declining ass out of here.

:huh:

Peppers is younger than Kampman. (albeit only a few months) Peppers just turned 30 two months ago. Taylor is 30 right now (will be 31 in late November/December I believe)

Swore I read he was younger but guess not, who cares, still over 30 and Kampman is just as good for less.

Enjoy the price you overpay to get Peppers.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
Swore I read he was younger but guess not, who cares, still over 30 and Kampman is just as good for less.

Enjoy the price you overpay to get Peppers.

:lol: I guess I better be careful when I just turn 30 when I tell people I'm already "over 30" :P We'll see how Kampman bounces back from destroying his knee last season (not to mention go back to a 4-3). And this is comming from someone who likes Kamp.