Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 12:58 PM)
@Jay_Glazer - Peppers and taylor in chicago taking physicals. Kampman on his way to philly for visit NOT seattle. Osgood heading to jags for visit

You know, if all of this winds up going down, it's only going to take a few months again for people to start complaining about how cheap the Bears are.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 12:03 PM)
:lol: I guess I better be careful when I just turn 30 when I tell people I'm already "over 30" :P We'll see how Kampman bounces back from destroying his knee last season (not to mention go back to a 4-3). And this is comming from someone who likes Kamp.

Um...I'm a Packers fan, whoever said I didn't like Kamp?

Reports are his knee is progressing fine and ahead of schedule, looks like Philly is his possible destination now.

Sweet...the fact that they are taking physicals should be an incredibly good sign. Bears are evidently looking into the Steelers safety and David Haugh is reporting that safety will be the next position the Bears address.

I wonder if this uncapped season is going to bring upon a trend of long-term deals and if this will negatively impact the Bears once this whole cap situation gets figured out. I have a feeling that the Bears are going to regret this in the long haul if they tie these three up.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 11:13 AM)
I wonder if this uncapped season is going to bring upon a trend of long-term deals and if this will negatively impact the Bears once this whole cap situation gets figured out. I have a feeling that the Bears are going to regret this in the long haul if they tie these three up.

Sounds like Taylor has a 7M yr 1 cap hit, after that it is 5.5M spread over the remaining 3 seasons which is a minimal long-term cap effect. In fact, if he produces like he has, thats a downright bargain.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 01:13 PM)

Most of the big contracts being signed this offseason will be heavy upfront

Wow. I thought for awhile it would be another Javon Kearse situation where I thought we had him and Eagles swooped in.

I have been one of the bigger Lovie supporters on this board, but he has NO excuses this year.

Nice going Jerry, now get us some offensive line help and a safety and the NFC North could be quite a dogfight next year.

I really like the Taylor signing. Last year Forte proved he needs some help carrying the ball and hes not the superstar he was proclaimed to be his rookie year. The Peppers signing could end up blowing up in the Bears face, but I think its the risky move they needed to take.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
Swore I read he was younger but guess not, who cares, still over 30 and Kampman is just as good for less.

Enjoy the price you overpay to get Peppers.

LOL, sour grapes much?

Kampman 2 seasons with 10+ sacks

Peppers 6 seasons with 10+ sacks

They both have played the same amount of time in their careers.

Kampman 54 total sacks

Peppers 81.

Not just as good, and not younger either.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)
LOL, sour grapes much?

Kampman 54 total sacks

Peppers 81.

how dare you use something like stats to make a point.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
LOL, sour grapes much?

Kampman 54 total sacks

Peppers 81.

Peppers, talent wise, is a top 5 player in the league. He's also not coming off a bad injury. I'll take Peppers and his bigger contract.

Great news on the first 2 signings and getting Peppers will be even better.

Not having to pay for a first round pick this year helps balance out the contracts as well.

Still some holes to plug, but this team is better right now than it was at this time yesterday.