Where now?

Princess Dye

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
My laziness thanks you greatly! :notworthy

I have a program installed that pays me a few cents per search as long as I appear to be using it normally (and not just like repeating the same search over and over). You just earned me about $.15.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
How did I "blindly extrapolate partial season stats"? The numbers I listed were full season production as it included every at-bat.

Jones played only a portion of the full season, and you extrapolated his HR numbers over that portion to suggest how much power Jones has. It's generally not a good idea to take a small sample size and just double it to make an assumption because it introduces room for error. But this is besides the point because my original post and probably everyone here agrees Jones doesn't suffer from a lack of power in his bat. It's other issues like making contact and staying healthy hinder Jones from being able to use his power regularly and effectively

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
I have a program installed that pays me a few cents per search as long as I appear to be using it normally (and not just like repeating the same search over and over). You just earned me about $.15.

Whoa, cool. How did you get that?

No one on these boards ever seems to say the following:

Kotsay had injuries. He was bad with Boston.

Now he has healed up, and finished up last year as the most consistent W.Sox hitter. So I am confident he'll hit righties well and be fine as a platoon guy.

Granted, no power. But that will come from elsewhere. Good-sized spike in IF power #s expected.

OK-killme

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)

What the...?

Anyway I doubt Lopez would want to become a DH, and 2B is obviously filled right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 01:41 PM)
.290 batting average, .766 OPS.

Lat 3 year splits, .275 average, .738 OPS.

I dug up these numbers a few months back, gotta put them in multiple places so I can find them easier in the future.

Kotsay's 3 year splits vs RHP: .275/.335/.403/.738, 654 PA, 10 HR

Kotsay's 4 year splits vs RHP: .276/.339/.394/.732, 1088 PA, 14 HR

Kotsay's 5 year splits vs RHP: .272/.330/.397/.727, 1525 PA, 26 HR

His last healthy season (2006): .278/.343/.379/.723, 434 PA, 4 HR

And his last healthy season before that (2005): .261/.310/.404/.715, 437 PA, 12 HR

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 09:20 AM)
I don't think Anderson is going to be able to be signed for this season. Getting the citizenship stuff straight takes a while.

I'm trying to track down an answer to that. I know he's established residency in the DR, and he is on the open market, but i really don't have a clue as to if his papers have checked out yet. Hopefully, Cubano can stop by and enlighten us. All i know is that he'd be a perfec fit for the rotating DH theory.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 06:37 PM)
You don't think Dye is half as good as Damon?

Dye has much better power than Damon, and power is what he lack and need out of our DH. Damon's speed would have been nice, but I think $4M is fair for Dye.

Dye is a first half performer, plain and simple. Him and Linebrink should start a group on facebook for it.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)
Dye is a first half performer, plain and simple. Him and Linebrink should start a group on facebook for it.

In 2008 he did slightly worse in the 2nd half.

In 2007 he improved A TON with BA 80 pts higher, 4 more HR, and an OBP 100 pts higher in 20 less at-bats.

In 2006 he did slightly worse.

In 2005 he did about the same.

So since he has been with us. He only did terrible in the 2nd half 1 time, and did awesome in the 2nd half another time, while basically remaining the same the other times. I would hardly consider him a first-half performer.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 07:36 PM)
In 2008 he did slightly worse in the 2nd half.

In 2007 he improved A TON with BA 80 pts higher, 4 more HR, and an OBP 100 pts higher in 20 less at-bats.

In 2006 he did slightly worse.

In 2005 he did about the same.

So since he has been with us. He only did terrible in the 2nd half 1 time, and did awesome in the 2nd half another time, while basically remaining the same the other times. I would hardly consider him a first-half performer.

I think the power outage during the 2nd half of 2006 does not sit well with a lot of us, and Dye's image suffers from the resulting bias.

Dye is not the LH bat that this roster needs, neither is Blalock with his low OBP. Much rather take a chance on Delgado at that money as a platoon guy to bat DH against righties and spell Paulie some at 1B. He probably wont be ready til the AS break, but it gives you a chance to see what you have in house til that time.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 12:21 PM)
Dye is not the LH bat that this roster needs, neither is Blalock with his low OBP. Much rather take a chance on Delgado at that money as a platoon guy to bat DH against righties and spell Paulie some at 1B. He probably wont be ready til the AS break, but it gives you a chance to see what you have in house til that time.

If we're gonna wait till the ASB, I think I'd rather pick someone up in a trade. That way, we can be sure of what our actual needs are vs. theoretical, pre-spring training needs.