SOXTALK'S BOLD PREDICTIONS

knightni

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 01:06 PM)
.278/.327/.390/.717 is bad, especially for a first baseman. His wOBA was only 0.008 points higher than Omar Vizquel's.

He did put up at .789 OPS or so with the Sox and a 101 OPS+, so he wasn't "Bad" with us, he was at least average.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
He did put up at .789 OPS or so with the Sox and a 101 OPS+, so he wasn't "Bad" with us, he was at least average.

I'm not just going to ignore 79 PA because he wasn't in a White Sox uniform, they still count and put his numbers much more in line with what he's done over the past 5 years, his hot streak with the Sox certainly feels like him correcting his numbers to get his OPS back into the low .700's for the year where he seems to belong.

AL East- Yankees

AL Central- White Sox

AL West- M's

AL WC- Twins and Rays have a one game playoff Rays win on a David Price shutout

NL East-Phils

NL Central- Cards

NL West- Dodgers

NL WC-Marlins

AL MVP- Joe Mauer...Beckham and Q will get votes

AL Cy Young- Jake Peavy

AL Comeback- Andruw Jones

NL MVP- Hanley Ramirez

NL CY- Josh Johnson

and since this supposed to be bold predictions at the end of the year the white sox lineup will be...

Rios

Pierre

Beckham

Q

Kong

Teahan

Jones

AJ

Lexi

i guess thats not too bold but meh whatever

AL East - Yankees

AL Central - Twins

AL West - Mariners

AL Wild Card - Rays

NL East - Phillies

NL Central - Cardinals

NL West - Dodgers

NL Wild Card - Braves

ALDS Yankees over Twins

Rays over Mariners

NLDS Phillies over Cardinals

Braves over Dodgers

ALCS Yankees over Rays

NLCS Braves over Phillies

World Series Yankees over Braves

The Twins have a horrible April, and the team holds an emergency press conference stating that they were not aware of "wind" and "cold" in Minnesota.

The Pirates fold after going 1-22 in their first 23 ganes. Bud Selig allows them to become a farm team for the Yankees and Red Sox.

All areas of the country outside of the Northeast get sick and tired of seeing the Yankees and Red Sox on ESPN 100 times a year and demand that something be changed. ESPN responds my re-naming Baseball Tonight "No Other Teams Matter Except for the Yankees and Red Sox."

My predictions for 2010:

-At some point the song "Let's Go Go-Go White Sox" will come on and I will wonder--again: "Really, since 1959 we can't come up with a better tune than this?"

-"The catch" and that game will be the new additions to the opening film montage of highlights. Hey, remember Opening Day 2008 when there was nothing to put on it? Oh wait: except Buehrle's no-hitter.

-The first losing streak we have people will say "SEE, I TOLD YOU! OZZIE'S PLAN SUCKS!"

-The first winning streak we have people will say "SEE, I TOLD YOU! OZZIE WAS RIGHT!"

-Question: if Ozzie's small-ball lineup that KW didn't want succeeds--will KW acknowledge Ozzie was right?

-Becks will still have the Outfield song as his at-bat theme, and once again you'll scratch your head like WTF but then acknowledge that the song rocks. In a Hot Tub Time Machine kind of way.

-Here's a prediction you can steal to take money off your friends. When they do the "dance off" on top of the dugouts between innings, the fat guy always wins. Bet on it. If there's no fat guy, then it's up for grabs. But if there is a fat guy, he will win. I guarantee it.

-Cubs/Sox will go back to its rightful place of being a binge drinking weekend, after inexplicably being moved to weekdays last season (?!?!)

-At least 10 times Hawkeroo will squeal "STRETCH! STRETCH!" on-air only to watch the left fielder haul in the ball at least 10 yards before the warning track

-Somebody will get trampled to death in the RF stands after the wild scrum for one of those crappy t-shirts. Maybe if people saw what they looked like beforehand, they would just land with a plunk in the stands as everybody ignores them

-At least one woman caught on "Kiss Cam" will attempt to pull her shirt up, causing the camera operator to give us all whiplash as he swiiiiings away

-I'll realize, like I do every year, that as much as I hate the Cubs and their fans, I hate the Twins more.

-They'll have those inexplicable medical videos on the Jumobtron that let us know things like: it's bad to keep running if your knees hurt. No sh*t REALLY?

-It'll be about a month before a "Why Did We Take Back Freddy Garcia?" thread is started

-The first game Ozzie gets tossed from he will tweet about it obscenely afterward. MLB will not be happy, but it'll be front page news here.

-Beer will cost another 50 cents more

Hmmm I think that's everything

Edited by LVSoxFan

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
-Question: if Ozzie's small-ball lineup that KW didn't want succeeds--will KW acknowledge Ozzie was right?

If KW was that stubborn I don't think he would give Ozzie this lineup in the first place.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
-At least 10 times Hawkeroo will squeal "STRETCH! STRETCH!" on-air only to watch the left fielder haul in the ball at least 10 yards before the warning track

For sure. Imagine what he'll say about the Twins' new field when that happens. "Dagum wind".

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
Shame on you. That song rules.

It would be fine to pull it out once in a while for nostalgia's sake but seriously now.

The Hawks' theme song is equally anachronistic--it sounds like a game show theme from 1968, which is when it was written.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
The Twins have a horrible April, and the team holds an emergency press conference stating that they were not aware of "wind" and "cold" in Minnesota.

The Pirates fold after going 1-22 in their first 23 ganes. Bud Selig allows them to become a farm team for the Yankees and Red Sox.

All areas of the country outside of the Northeast get sick and tired of seeing the Yankees and Red Sox on ESPN 100 times a year and demand that something be changed. ESPN responds my re-naming Baseball Tonight "No Other Teams Matter Except for the Yankees and Red Sox."

Not bad! But the Pirates are also a farm team for the Cubs. And don't forget that we have a divisional farm team, too - the Royals. This year we sent Pods, Getz, Fields and BA back down to AAAA, and brought up Teahen.

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
Not bad! But the Pirates are also a farm team for the Cubs. And don't forget that we have a divisional farm team, too - the Royals. This year we sent Pods, Getz, Fields and BA back down to AAAA, and brought up Teahen.

And it may turn out to be a good deal for us...hopefully.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 09:10 AM)
Maybe so, but it still beats the s*** out of the beer commercial song they play after goals.

How can you not rejoice to a song that’s about an English Burlesque dancer? Are you saying that doesn't make you pumped for some hockey?

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 12:51 PM)
You got all that out of "DOOT DOODOODOOT DOODOODOOT"??

:lolhitting

They cut the song off at the start of the lyrics which contain gems like,

I was good, she was hot

Stealing everything she got

I was bold, she was over the worst of it

Gave me gear, thank you dear

Bring your sister over here

Let her dance with me just for the hell of it

and

Well, you must be a boy with bones like that

She said you got me wrong

I would�ve sold them to you

If I could�ve just have kept the last of my clothes on

The song’s actually really entertaining, but it’s odd that a song like that really took off amongst the Blackhawks higher-ups..

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
My predictions for 2010:

-At some point the song "Let's Go Go-Go White Sox" will come on and I will wonder--again: "Really, since 1959 we can't come up with a better tune than this?"

:o

I absolutely love this song. Would you rather we had a crappy 80s pop song?