GAME THREAD: 4/10 Twinkies vs Sox - 12:05pm cdt CSN+, Baker vs Garcia

chisox2334

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
I don't think anybody's overreacting. The offense sorta sucks.

I don't like the offense that well, but it is REALLY early. Equating it to football, it'd be like the Bears having a terrible first half of their season opener. Still plenty of time to fix the problem and contend for the playoffs.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)
Not at all. This s*** has been frustrating as all hell to watch so far this season but some of you guys are completely overreacting.

Everyone saw this coming from the offense.

We have offensive black holes at LF, 3B, DH, and SS, and AJ and Paulie are completely mediocre for their positions. Our team has problems getting on base, even in the best of times. There is no statistical evidence to suggest that we'll somehow be able to magically snap out of it.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)
Where was that last night lol.... I dont know what to think about Linebrink.

He was throwing pretty well last night, just was off a little with the control. No one put the ball in play against him. He hadn't pitched in several days, it may have had an effect.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
Yeah, they've only won 1 division title in the last 2 years. How dare they!

Oh please. You know just as much as I do that that division title was won by our starting rotation.

We have had an abysmal offense for years.

With that said, Kenny gets a ton of credit for the pitching staff. If only we could have pitching GM and an offense GM, because he'd be good at that.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
at least he walks well.

we'll see how long that lasts, he doesn't take walks if you look at his career numbers. once he starts hitting even a little bit we'll start seeing the average rise and the OBP start taking a dip due to the increased strikeouts

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
Worth noting...the Twins key player/MVP was a #2 draft pick, and I don't remember the last time we drafted that highly.

I don't understand how the draft works; why do the Sox get the number pick that they do? Is it based off of record like the other major leagues?

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
I don't like the offense that well, but it is REALLY early. Equating it to football, it'd be like the Bears having a terrible first half of their season opener. Still plenty of time to fix the problem and contend for the playoffs.

Not gonna happen. We haven't been a team that just "adjusts" and gets it going.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
Im just not a fan of using all these sacrifice bunts when no one is hitting.

We are just giving up outs that we dont really have to spare.

Pierre isn't going to drive the ball, it gets a guy in scoring position for your best hitters who do. I don't mind Pierre bunting. If it was Beckham, and no Ozzie I'm not going to go watch the Cubs, and he bunted, I would say Ozzie did something stupid again.