GAME THREAD: 4/10 Twinkies vs Sox - 12:05pm cdt CSN+, Baker vs Garcia

chisox2334

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Podsednik > Pierre any day of the week. I don't care what anyone says. Come to think of it, have the White Sox ever thought of utilizing the Twins model of scouting and building up the farm system to build a decent team? It seems like Beckham is the only decent homegrown guy we've produced in the last five years.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
lol what did Pierre do, I cant watch the game and no one has explained what happened..

he had to go along way toward the line , but its a play that should be made 98% of the time......he got there in time but just whiffed on it...went about 6 inches above the glove

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (The Beast @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Podsednik > Pierre any day of the week. I don't care what anyone says. Come to think of it, have the White Sox ever thought of utilizing the Twins model of scouting and building up the farm system to build a decent team? It seems like Beckham is the only decent homegrown guy we've produced in the last five years.

Worth noting...the Twins key player/MVP was a #2 draft pick, and I don't remember the last time we drafted that highly.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:09 PM)
Scott Linebrink and Randy Williams are essentially our verson of the Clown Car, they are mop up duty only and should never be counted on to get outs in close games. What is Ozzie doing, everyone knows those guys are the pen scrubs...why are they allowed to pitch in tight game situations.

Sad thing is, Ozzie knows a 2-1 game is mop up duty with this offense. When the opposing team gets the lead, he knows its over.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:09 PM)
Scott Linebrink and Randy Williams are essentially our verson of the Clown Car, they are mop up duty only and should never be counted on to get outs in close games. What is Ozzie doing, everyone knows those guys are the pen scrubs...why are they allowed to pitch in tight game situations.

After the last few days, who do you want him to use?

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)

The problem is our starting pitching is going to make 80% of the games we play close games, you'll see very few blowouts where situations for Linebrink and Williams will present themselves, hence the frustration

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
Completely misplaced a pretty routine play so instead of men on 1st and 2nd with one out the bases are loaded.

But I gotta say that it did look like the wind carried that ball a long way. I bet a lot of other outfielders would have had a tough time catching that one. I'm just sayin...

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
After the last few days, who do you want him to use?

yeah, thornton and pena, i imagine are off limits today ....he could have maybe left freddy in there for hudson, but you have to be able to count on your second lefty with the left handed hitters in this division

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Over the top much?

Why? I'm tired of losing and playing s***ty baseball in the process. Nothing is going to change until someone is fired.

I mean, there's a HUGE difference between losing while giving a good effort and losing while playing s***ty.

This team is the later, and has been for 2+ years now.