GAME THREAD: 4/10 Twinkies vs Sox - 12:05pm cdt CSN+, Baker vs Garcia

chisox2334

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
Well it looks like Hawk is blaming the pitching.

Hawk " In everygame this year we have had the lead"

Yes I know how lock solid 1-0 leads are in the American League at the Cell

s*** if our starters were guaranteed to go 2 runs in 7.0 IP every single game, anyone who wouldn't take that in a heartbeat is a tool.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
im not sure, but by the end of the year out best bet may be flowers/AJ at DH and the other one catching

I heard B & B on the Score saying that they've come to the conclusion that Flowers is not very good at baseball, and that they should trade him NOW while they can still get something for him.

Depressing.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
Well it looks like Hawk is blaming the pitching.

Hawk " In everygame this year we have had the lead"

Yes I know how lock solid 1-0 leads are in the American League at the Cell

Exactly, blaming this on anything other than the hitting is laughable. The Sox have blown a few one run leads but when you can't score more than 3 runs it is going to be extremely tough to win and you can't count on your pitching staff to win every game 3-2.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
Freddy pitched plenty fine enough for a 5th starter, its the 2nd time in a row he allowed a leadoff walk, it was bound to hurt eventually.

Pitched plenty fine for anybody, not just a 5th starter.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
So far our only win is where our pitcher didn't allow any runs. That seems the be the only way we can win these days. NO RUNS OR FAIL.

Nice offense we have put together here.

Remember few times this spring Ozzie and players saying, we have a great pitching staff, and hopefully our offense can score enough runs to win ball games. Not the case so far.

Edited by justBLAZE

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
s*** if our starters were guaranteed to go 2 runs in 7.0 IP every single game, anyone who wouldn't take that in a heartbeat is a tool.

Our pitching has been great. This is all on the offense. There is no reason at the cell with good temps today and with what Baker has offered today that runs are not flowing like a river.

Our new motto.

Whitesox baseball. We step on our own dicks.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
Freddy pitched plenty fine enough for a 5th starter, its the 2nd time in a row he allowed a leadoff walk, it was bound to hurt eventually.

For a 5th starter? Better than that... I mean you could say "for a 5th starter" if he had given up 4 runs, but he gave up 2 and hasn't hit 100 pitches thru 7

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)

Freddy pitched fine enough for any starter. I'll take 7 innings with only 2 runs allowed out of any starter in baseball.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
I heard B & B on the Score saying that they've come to the conclusion that Flowers is not very good at baseball, and that they should trade him NOW while they can still get something for him.

Depressing.

B & B also said no team will ever win a WS with Juan Uribe as their starting SS. They have a lot of opinions on baseball, but not always very correct.