HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How sweet is the Stanley Cup Celebration?!? From the hand shake line to the victory lap with the Cup. Pretty awesome. Says something when non-fans or fans of other teams talk about it being pretty special and even emotional. I know I don't feel that way when I see someone other than the Bears win the Super Bowl or the Sox with the WS.

f***ing unbelievalbe!!! Just got back to da crib. Fuycking crazy at Borbon street (wish I went) but it was f***ING CRAZY AT HOOTRS TOO!!! Kinda drunk, but still know what the f*** I'm doing!!! WOOOO HAWKS!!! KANE!!! TOEWS!!! HOSSA! NIEMI!!! THE WHOLE f***ING TEAM I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! FINALLY SOMETHIN GTO CELEBRATE IN CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)
f***ing unbelievalbe!!! Just got back to da crib. Fuycking crazy at Borbon street (wish I went) but it was f***ING CRAZY AT HOOTRS TOO!!! Kinda drunk, but still know what the f*** I'm doing!!! WOOOO HAWKS!!! KANE!!! TOEWS!!! HOSSA! NIEMI!!! THE WHOLE f***ING TEAM I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! FINALLY SOMETHIN GTO CELEBRATE IN CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:headbang :notworthy

The loop was f***ing packed tonight. I couldn't find a bar to watch the game after my night class. had to go to martini ranch (wtf?) and caught the last two periods and ot.

Having worked for the team the last season that WWW was alive and running the show, it is truly remarkable . . . i am so elated, truly amazing.

Kaner is going to go "hog wild"

kane-in-limo.jpg

"greetings from philly!!!!!!"

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
Congrats to the legit Hawks fans.

Agreed... While I'm very happy the Hawks won and I've always at least semi-followed the Hawks (see how they're faring, play as them in video games, etc), I would never try to say I'm a legit fan. Not like I am with the Bears, Bulls, and White Sox... So I'm very happy for you true fans. It's been a long time coming and you've put up with a lot over the years.

Did anyone else hear someone say to Kane during the interview "no cab rides tonight." f***ing hilarious. Kane and his brosephs were funny. Everyone else had their families out there and Kane has three dudes that look like they came from a frathouse. Dude is going to be f***ed up tonight.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 04:37 AM)
I'm very happy for it, but that finish was sort of deflating.

"Oh, it's over...yay!"

I was trying to think what the baseball equivalent of that odd goal would have been to win the World Series?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 12:01 AM)
I was trying to think what the baseball equivalent of that odd goal would have been to win the World Series?

Same here. A ball hit just above a yellow line on an outfield wall that everyone assumes was just a double, and 15 seconds later the umps convene and signal a home run for a walk-off?

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
Did anyone else hear someone say to Kane during the interview "no cab rides tonight." f***ing hilarious. Kane and his brosephs were funny. Everyone else had their families out there and Kane has three dudes that look like they came from a frathouse. Dude is going to be f***ed up tonight.

patrick_kane.jpg

K-Money

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 10:57 PM)
Agreed... While I'm very happy the Hawks won and I've always at least semi-followed the Hawks (see how they're faring, play as them in video games, etc), I would never try to say I'm a legit fan. Not like I am with the Bears, Bulls, and White Sox... So I'm very happy for you true fans. It's been a long time coming and you've put up with a lot over the years.

^^^^^^^^^

Seriously this. As a new follower since Kane and Toews were drafted (though always announced that) it is good to see guys here who were following them since the dark times and beyond that see history. Congrats to guys like Steve, Slavko, Jeff, Mike, Andrew, Critic (though he's a Red Wings fan too :P but you are a HOCKEY FAN) Athomeboy, Murcie, Chimpy, EvilJester, Jason, Tony, anyone else I missed here etc.. etc.. Just a great time to be a Hawks fan, and a follower of the game. :)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 12:27 AM)
^^^^^^^^^

Seriously this. As a new follower since Kane and Toews were drafted (though always announced that) it is good to see guys here who were following them since the dark times and beyond that see history. Congrats to guys like Steve, Slavko, Jeff, Mike, Andrew, Critic (though he's a Red Wings fan too :P) Athomeboy, Murcie, Chimpy, EvilJester, anyone else I missed here etc.. etc.. Just a great time to be a Hawks fan, and a follower of the game. :)

lol, if I hadn't grown up playing hockey . . . I wouldn't have followed the team during the lean years either. They were run miserably. This team is REALLY REALLY REALLY EASY TO LOVE and I think a avid sports fan in this city would have been a moron to ignore the buzz and possibility this team presented.

I get annoyed when people throw stuff on the ice (see earlier in this thread) but other than that . . . I don't really care. The Hawks have 2 main goals: 1) win and 2) make money. They are doing both right now, and for that I am ecstatic.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 12:35 AM)
lol, if I hadn't grown up playing hockey . . . I wouldn't have followed the team during the lean years either. They were run miserably.

I'm the same way. All of the guys in my family grew up playing on the South Side. They'd freeze the yard and skate out there. Two of my uncles still play adult leagues now. I played when I was young (didn't play in HS though) and always loved the sport. My parents and uncles all had season tickets in the old barn and for two seasons at the new UC. I remember always listen to games with my dad. I'm really happy for him mostly too. I'm glad I was with him for the WS winner and tonight. Both times resulted in me giving him a big hug. There were no words, but it was damn awesome.

Edited by chimpy2121

The last two games were awesome. The way it ended kind of sucked though as nobody knew it was a goal. Leighton sucks.

The JR moment kind of made it all seem real to me as a 20 plus year fan I thought that was very cool

Sharp or Ante should have won the MVP

Awesome party time on the southside tonight.