HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

Alright, the Hawks have now matched the performance of last season, and it was fun to crush the soul of Vancouver again. Now that they've done that and the boogeyman in Detroit is gone, it's time to take it to another level. San Jose is going to be a very fun series, but we know the Hawks can beat them. Hopefully, they pull it off.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best short handed scoring team EVER. 8 down, 8 to go.

Sharks are a very skilled team, but I think Hawks should have enough depth and firepower to take them, but you never know in hockey. Nabokov is a great goalie, but he seems like he can be broken down easily like Luongo, just look at the CAN-RUS Olympic game. I just hope they announce the schedule soon, I get so antsy waiting to plan my next two weeks.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 11, 2010 -> 11:21 PM)
I just hope they announce the schedule soon, I get so antsy waiting to plan my next two weeks.

I'm going on a cruise for a week on Saturday. I know today's game was on ESPN America which they show on the ship, so hopefully the others make it too. I'm worried about having to contend with the NBA though. Usually with only one sports channel, the more popular one will trump.

TSNBobMcKenzie

I suspect SJ-CHI starts Friday if BOS wins Wed. If PHI wins Wed, I believe SJ-CHI starts Sunday. West CF can't start until East CSF is over.

Edited by chimpy2121

Breaking news: Hawks just signed this guy to play on a line with Burish and Eager.

shaw_quint.jpg

"Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks. This shark, swallow you whole. No shakin', no tenderizin', down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But, you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me, by myself. For that, you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing."

So glad to oust the Canucks. Aka, worlds most delirious fans. They are still under the impression:

1. The Hawks are the dirtiest team in the league.

2. The CAnucks werent beaten by a better team, they just choked

3. The Hawks are a slow, physical, grind it out team

4. Half of the Hawks were acquired in the first round because our management intentionally tanked for years to build a team.

5. The refs and Bettman wanted the Hawks to win so they intentionally made it so.

I hope they understand that the rest of NHL fans think THEIR team is one of the dirtiest in the league. The Hawks have been one of the best teams all year and are top to bottom better than the Nucks.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 12, 2010 -> 10:00 AM)
So glad to oust the Canucks. Aka, worlds most delirious fans. They are still under the impression:

1. The Hawks are the dirtiest team in the league.

2. The CAnucks werent beaten by a better team, they just choked

3. The Hawks are a slow, physical, grind it out team

4. Half of the Hawks were acquired in the first round because our management intentionally tanked for years to build a team.

5. The refs and Bettman wanted the Hawks to win so they intentionally made it so.

I hope they understand that the rest of NHL fans think THEIR team is one of the dirtiest in the league. The Hawks have been one of the best teams all year and are top to bottom better than the Nucks.

They don't have to look any further than their own goalie who has had back to back choke jobs in the playoffs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2010 -> 10:05 AM)
They don't have to look any further than their own goalie who has had back to back choke jobs in the playoffs.

Don't place it all on Luongo...that entire team (minus Kyle Wellwood) choked. That was a horrible display and there needs to be a coaching change and some more energy guys brought in for them to make it any further in the playoffs.

That being said...they are on the golf course...we are in San Jose!

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
Don't place it all on Luongo...that entire team (minus Kyle Wellwood) choked. That was a horrible display and there needs to be a coaching change and some more energy guys brought in for them to make it any further in the playoffs.

Their "scoring" line was garbage. The Sedin's were entirely contained by our top 4 D-men.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 12, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
Their "scoring" line was garbage. The Sedin's were entirely contained by our top 4 D-men.

Kesler was non-existent. Burrows and Raymond had a couple of good periods. (Yeah, I know how that sounds) Wellwood had a great series...not a lot of scoring, but worked hard. Bieksa had one good game. Samuelsson was a ghost. Really, all around, the Canucks played like crap.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)

Enjoy

The Canucks are Golfing

OMG the Canadians are up 4-0 in the 2nd period. They are gonna shock the world AGAIN. Washington AND Pittsburgh? They'll be quite a story if they made it to the finals. Never seen a team with so much heart playing out their minds. (especially Halak)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 12, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
OMG the Canadians are up 4-0 in the 2nd period. They are gonna shock the world AGAIN. Washington AND Pittsburgh? They'll be quite a story if they made it to the finals. Never seen a team with so much heart playing out their minds. (especially Halak)

So much for needing a superstar scorer type...

With Philly's win tonight, it looks like the first game will be on Sunday because there is a concert in San Jose on Saturday night. That is a long time to wait, plus I have to work on Sunday so I won't get to see it if its an afternoon game on NBC.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 12, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
Philly is the first team in 35 years to come back from 3-0 down to tie a series. They have a chance to pull a Boston Red Sox and become the first team to come back from 3-0 down to win a series. (I think 60 years)

Its happened twice in hockey before, in the 40s by Toronto & 1975 by the Islanders. Who would have thought that either BOS, PHI, or MTL would be playing in the Finals, especially the way they barely made the playoffs at the end of the season. Whoever wins the West would appear to be the clear-cut favorite now, but then again, thats what was being said about the Penguins two weeks ago.

The Trib is saying that Hawks-Sharks game 1 is gonna be Sunday 2:00 on NBC.

I'm a die hard Penguins fan, and although I was disappointed in their loss to Montreal I wasn't that surprised. After they forced game 7, I had a thought they would pull the upset and win.

Luckily the Hawks are still in and going strong. If they play tough D, they can beat San Jose.

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 13, 2010 -> 08:59 AM)
I know the day games send some people into a tailspin, but I love the afternoon games.

Nothing like flipping between two baseball games and a hockey game on a Sunday afternoon - LOVE IT!

I couldn't agree more. I love it when you have the commercial break / intermission back up. It sends my sports nerdship into overload. The only thing that sucks is if all your teams get blown out. . . that is the absolute worst. I feel deprived when there are numerous sporting events on at the same time and they all suck.

If Bruins win tonight:

Sunday, May 16 at San Jose, 3:00 p.m. NBC, TSN, RDS

Tuesday, May 18 at San Jose, 9:00 p.m. VERSUS, TSN, RDS

Thursday, May 20 at Chicago, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, TSN, RDS

Saturday, May 22 at Chicago, 3:00 p.m. NBC, TSN, RDS

*Monday, May 24 at San Jose, 9:00 p.m. VERSUS, TSN, RDS

*Wednesday, May 26 at Chicago, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, TSN, RDS

*Saturday, May 29 at San Jose, TBD VERSUS, TSN, RDS

If Flyers win tonight:

Sunday, May 16 at San Jose, 3:00 p.m. NBC, TSN, RDS

Tuesday, May 18 at San Jose, 10:00 p.m. VERSUS, TSN, RDS

Friday, May 21 at Chicago, 8:00 p.m. VERSUS, TSN, RDS