HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 12:46 AM)
The last two games were awesome. The way it ended kind of sucked though as nobody knew it was a goal. Leighton sucks.

The biggest difference in this series was that Niemi was solidly ABOVE average and Leighton was solidly BELOW average.

Michael Leighton starting in the Cup Finals was like Rex starting Super Bowl XLI (I know I know it hurts me to say it, I still love you Sexy).

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 11:46 PM)
Sharp or Ante should have won the MVP

I would say 60% of the people at the restaurant wanted Kane to get it before it was announced (the others Antii and Toews too), but they didn't mind Toews winning at all.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 12:50 AM)
I would say 60% of the people at the restaurant wanted Kane to get it before it was announced (the others Antii and Toews too), but they didn't mind Toews winning at all.

Toews winning the CS is fine. I would have gone with Antti Niemi because I don't think there was any one player who was more responsible for the Hawks winning the cup. After a few shaky starts in the Nashville series, he never was the reason we lost a game and there were a few that he absolutely stole.

1st Rd -- Niemi > Rinne (after first couple games)

2nd Rd -- Niemi >> Bobbie Lu (no doubt)

3rd Rd -- Niemi >>>>> Nabby (no doubt)

Finals -- Niemi >>>>>> Leighton (Leighton Sucks)

i couldn't believe, the first thing i did when i saw kane's gloves come off was turn around and threw a few hugs around the buffallo wild wings table, it was a great way to embrace a championship, and I can't wait for the parade on friday

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 01:18 AM)
I'm just so happy right now. I'm complete as a sports fan. My two teams, the Hawks and Sox, both have won titles where I could actually appreciate them, and I was lucky enough to spend both clinching moments with my best friend, my dad.

Watching guys like Boris Mironov and Alex Karpovtsev skate on UC ice no less than six years ago really makes you cherish seeing Toews and Kane gliding around with the Cup in their hands.

This may never happen again in my lifetime, but it really doesn't need to.

Couldn't have said it better myself. This team has come a long way the last couple years

Great game. Entertaining series. So happy.

I'm another one of those who froze their yard on 103rd and Homan Ave as kid. It was good ice and we'd play every day as you'd get 2 weeks of zero temperatures it seems at a time back then. Also played at the park on 107th or 111th Street I forget which. It seemed the ice was good almost all winter. Fun.

Everybody loved the Hawks at that time.

Lost track of them during the s*** years. Follow them closely most all this year, definitely all the playoffs.

I went to tons of games as a kid and loved it.

So I am a 3/4 bandwagon fan, but have the history as I grew up a huge fan and only lost interest because nobody gives a f*** about hockey in this part of the country.

Congrats to those who have been fans the past 20 years.

I thoroughly enjoyed each playoff series, watched a lot of games and of course every minute in the Finals.

The best team won. Hawks played really well the last 2 games I thought. Tonight woulda been weird had Philly stolen that one.

I kind of thought that last shot was a goal and wondered WTF why no red light.

Congrats to you diehards. Get drunk.

s*** the casual fan still can be happy cause if only the true diehards went to the parade, it wouldn't be that crowded now, would it?

Edited by greg775

What a ride this has been. A turnaround of epic proportions.

Just last weekend me and some family members were talking about being able to hear Thibault screaming on the ice at his defensemen in front of 4000.

And now this.

Heavenly.

Wow! Just wow!

I can't describe in words how amazing that was. I will never EVER forget where I was when the Hawks won their 1st cup in my lifetime. I'm a summer intern a CSN and was there when it all went down. Absolute chaos in the newsroom. And being right there downtown to see all the fans going nuts was fantastic. I got choked up in front of everyone watching Roenick talk about his days with the Hawks and watching Hossa finally lift the cup.

I've been up and down with the Blackhawks for as long as I can remember. From the excitement of them sneaking into the Playoffs in 2001 to the disappointment of watching them get their asses handed to them by the Blues. You know things are bad when Eric Daze is far and away your best player. Then the strike happened and it was hard to be a fan of such a poorly-run organization. This rejuvenation has gone far quicker than I could have ever imagined and I look forward to watching this team continue to grow for many many more years.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 01:18 AM)
I'm just so happy right now. I'm complete as a sports fan. My two teams, the Hawks and Sox, both have won titles where I could actually appreciate them, and I was lucky enough to spend both clinching moments with my best friend, my dad.

Watching guys like Boris Mironov and Alex Karpovtsev skate on UC ice no less than six years ago really makes you cherish seeing Toews and Kane gliding around with the Cup in their hands.

This may never happen again in my lifetime, but it really doesn't need to.

Valeri Zelepukin anyone? How about Captain DUI? How about Jassen Cullimore? How about Steve McCarthy? Anton Babchuk? Mikhail Yakubov? How about the holy uni-brow Pavel Vorobiev. We used to get excited about the potential of the Arnason-Bell-Calder line . . . our top line this year included Kane-Toews-Hossa/Buff/etc. . .

Its really like watching two different franchises.

8468491.jpg

Pavel Vorobiev happy for Blackhawk Cup Victory.

I hope more of the big boys in the org. give Dale Tallon his kudos. This is still his team. (I like Stan, but wasn't cool to see him get all the kudos by people when it was Dale who put this team together)

There is a rumor going that all the players are gonna pinch in and buy Tallon a ring. That would be very classy of them all.

clark street was NUTS!!! holy crap you would of thought the cubs won the world series (i guess this is as close they can get to a championship)... oh man one dude was trying to argue that the hawks are the last chicago team to win a championship since the 98 bulls.. he said the white sox arent from chicago, they are a West Gary Indiana Club. :lolhitting Clark street, i tell ya...

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 01:51 AM)
I hope more of the big boys in the org. give Dale Tallon his kudos. This is still his team. (I like Stan, but wasn't cool to see him get all the kudos by people when it was Dale who put this team together)

There is a rumor going that all the players are gonna pinch in and buy Tallon a ring. That would be very classy of them all.

I thought of Dale tonight too. I imagine that tonight is not easy for him. I have this feeling that he is sitting somewhere in South Florida wiping down his thick rim glasses and muttering obscenities about Scotty Bowman.

Dale built this team, there is no two ways about it. However, the Hawks made the decision to put their faith in a man who has won a slew of cups and I can't blame them. This isn't an amateur operation anymore and Dale made a few questionable signings in the years preceeding his dismissal.

hey, bottom lounge was the s***. my friend just got arrested on clark. you will always lose in a battle of dumb drunk whores who are drunk and dumb and f***in dumb as f***. That last goal i was standing up celebrating as the rest of bottom lounge was just like "what the f***" I felt so vindicated.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:06 AM)
hey, bottom lounge was the s***. my friend just got arrested on clark. you will always lose in a battle of dumb drunk whores who are drunk and dumb and f***in dumb as f***. That last goal i was standing up celebrating as the rest of bottom lounge was just like "what the f***" I felt so vindicated.

clark was awesome, i think even the fattest hawks fan had a chance to bring home a classy lady from the bar on a night like this :britishflag:

I put some vids on fb with madison celebration.

I cant believe it. Ive been rooting for this team since I could stand, I cant believe it. I'm pretty sure my eagle eye saw the goal before anyone in the country besides Kaner. Wow. f*** you Pronger.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 01:16 AM)
I put some vids on fb with madison celebration.

I cant believe it. Ive been rooting for this team since I could stand, I cant believe it. I'm pretty sure my eagle eye saw the goal before anyone in the country besides Kaner. Wow. f*** you Pronger.

Me and this random guy were the only ones celebrating at Hooters (we both saw Kane's reaction only) and my friends (and everyone else there) were like "WTF" till they saw the bench clear, then everyone cheered.

Edited by SoxAce

Really happy for all you guys that have followed this team through the craptacular late 90's til the day Bill Wirtz died.

I remember watching the teams with JR, Steve Larmer, and Goulet and watching Eddie Belfour spaz when he would let a cheapy in the net, but I stopped following the team for the most part when that group left.

My generation was one that Bill Wirtz tried to unwittingly excluded from becoming Hawks fans by refusing to allow them to play their home games on television.

I started following them again when Wirtz died, but I can't claim to have been along for the ride like a lot of you guys.

I'm ecstatic for the team, the organization, and for all you guys that this truly means everything to.

Enjoy every moment of it.

I've always enjoyed playoff hockey, though I've never been a hockey fan. I've been a Chicago sports fan since about, roughly, December, 2005. During that time, I've seen the Bears in the Superbowl; they lost, because of many reasons, but the Colts were a better team. I've seen the Bulls in the playoffs (atleast twice, as I remember), the best being with the Celtics; though the C's were a man down, the Bulls put up one hell of a fight and had what was arguably "the best NBA

Divisional Conference Playoff Series" of all time (I apologize if that's actually the wrong name for the first round of the NBA playoffs...it's the first round and I really don't care). I've seen a playoff appearances by the White Sox (and 1 playoff game win) and two playoff appearances by the Cubs (0 playoff game wins) (White Sox 1 > Cubs 0)...but no series wins. A potential championsip, by a Chicago team? I was paying attention.

Chicago wins - Chicago up 1-0. Super!

Chicago wins - Chicago up 2-0. Holy s***!

-I actually begin looking up hockey statistics. I didn't know that Martin Brodeur was still that good!

Philadelphia wins - Chicago up 2-1. F***.

-Continued: Apparently Steven Stamkos is really good

Philadephia wins - Series tied 2-2

-AWW BULLCOCKY

Chicago wins - Chicago up 3-2

-Holy s***, Chicago might win something.

-Check Rotoworld:NHL - First time EVER

Chicago wins - Chicago wins 4-2

-Holy s***, Chicago won something, since...

...I don't dare rain on Blackhawk fans parades with anything. But even still, having never been to the city, and, having never actually been to an event to truly understand a Chicago sports fan, I have a sense of pride with the city.

Hawks fans, celebrate. You f***ing deserve it.

Jonathan Toews: 2nd youngest captain to hoist the Stanley Cup (Crosby)

2nd youngest player to win the Conn Smythe Trophy (Roy)

The youngest member of the Triple Gold Club (passed Forsberg)

Antti Niemi: 1st Finnish goaltender to win the Stanley Cup.

Unbelievable.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 01:00 AM)
I thought of Dale tonight too. I imagine that tonight is not easy for him. I have this feeling that he is sitting somewhere in South Florida wiping down his thick rim glasses and muttering obscenities about Scotty Bowman.

Dale built this team, there is no two ways about it. However, the Hawks made the decision to put their faith in a man who has won a slew of cups and I can't blame them. This isn't an amateur operation anymore and Dale made a few questionable signings in the years preceeding his dismissal.

I feel bad for Cam Barker as well.