White Sox @ Rangers

Heads22

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
Pierre LF, Vizquel 2B, Rios CF, Konerko DH, Teahen 3B, Quentin RF, Kotsay 1B, Pierzynski C, Ramirez SS.

I'll be the first to give fathom props for calling the Vizquel to #2 hole yesterday. (he also had Kotsay in today, but batting 9th instead of 7th)

Teahen 5th?!?! HALLELUJAH!! AJ 8th?! Ozzie must be reading my post recently. :)

Edited by SoxAce

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
I love Rios and Teahen in the top 5 but MUST Vizquel hit second? That's just silliness. I absolutely hate having 2 guys at the top who are in no way a threat to go for extra bases let alone reach base.

Who else in that lineup would fit at hitting 2nd? You could put Rios there and Teahen 3rd, but then you've got Konerko protected by a guy hitting <.200.>

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
Who else in that lineup would fit at hitting 2nd? You could put Rios there and Teahen 3rd, but then you've got Konerko protected by a guy hitting <.200.>

Works for me. f*** "protection" I want my best hitters at the top of the damn lineup, not arguably our worst overall bat hitting #2 because "he fits". I don't believe for a second that Harden's going to lay a 3-1 fastball down the pipe to Konerko because he doesn't want to put a man on base for Teahen. The theory of lineup protection is shaky at best especially when we're talking about Paul Konerko and Mark Teahen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)

If you require Pierre to lead off like Ozzie thinks, then how about:

Pierre

Teahen

Rios

Pk

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 02:58 PM)
I love Rios and Teahen in the top 5 but MUST Vizquel hit second? That's just silliness. I absolutely hate having 2 guys at the top who are in no way a threat to go for extra bases let alone reach base.

If we are going to have someone bunting in the two hole, why not have it be someone who can't hit anyway?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
Works for me. f*** "protection" I want my best hitters at the top of the damn lineup, not arguably our worst overall bat hitting #2 because "he fits". I don't believe for a second that Harden's going to lay a 3-1 fastball down the pipe to Konerko because he doesn't want to put a man on base for Teahen. The theory of lineup protection is shaky at best especially when we're talking about Paul Konerko and Mark Teahen.

I assume you're allergic to latex?

;)

I actually do agree with that statement though.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
Aside from Vizquel and maybe Kotsay, I like it.

Vizquel and Kotsay can be replaced with Beckham and Jones.

With Jones in the lineup, I think you hit Rios second.

1. Pierre

2. Rios

3. Jones

4. Konerko

5. Teahen

6. Quentin

7. Beckham

8. Pierzynski

9. Ramirez

This way, somebody might be on ahead of Jones and Konerko.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
Beckham and Pierre are both 2/2 on attempting and succeeding to sacrifice bunt this year.

And the 5 sac bunts we have this season (AJ with the other) led to a grand total of 0 runs.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
And the 5 sac bunts we have this season (AJ with the other) led to a grand total of 0 runs.

Of course...swinging away hasn't exactly helped that often either (Juan, last night, 7th inning, you SOB)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
I'll be the first to give fathom props for calling the Vizquel to #2 hole yesterday. (he also had Kotsay in today, but batting 9th instead of 7th)

Teahen 5th?!?! HALLELUJAH!! AJ 8th?! Ozzie must be reading my post recently. :)

Feel free to post about benching Juan Pierre :D