NBA Offseason Thread

I don't envy Wade's position right now. He has to make a very hard choice: work vs family. Anyone who has ever had kids has had to deal with this balance.

I have always said that in the large picture family ALWAYS comes first. But, from day to day you have to prioritize your responsibilities. Wade needs to ask himself: "can I still be a good father (his #1 priority) yet play for a team based 3 hours away (via airplane) from my kids?"

Can he find ways to fly home on off days? How does this impact his abilities to be a good teammate? How does the distance effect his kids?

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

The only S&T demand that makes sense to me is Bosh's. He's not going to make nearly as much off endorsements as Wade. Wade's going to make hundreds of millions off the court. I just don't buy the "only way Wade leaves Miami is through a S&T" jibber jabber. If he wants to be in Chicago, he's going to be in Chicago.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 05:26 PM)
Miami cant hardball Wade he can just leave.

Furthermore itll kill their image if Wade comes out and says he wants to go to Chicago to be with his family but the Heat wont facilitate a sign & trade.

How many future players would go there?

That is exactly what I thought. If Wade says he wants to go to Chicago because of his family, etc, and puts that out to the media and the Heat don't do a S&T, they'd be blasted or so I assume they would.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
That is exactly what I thought. If Wade says he wants to go to Chicago because of his family, etc, and puts that out to the media and the Heat don't do a S&T, they'd be blasted or so I assume they would.

the only thing that i can see them saying is alright well if you want to go then seeya your a free agent.....the last thing in the world miami would want to do is S&T Wade even if it means they get nothing in return for him....it's not like he's already under contract for the Heat and asking to go to Chicago

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 07:39 PM)
the only thing that i can see them saying is alright well if you want to go then seeya your a free agent.....the last thing in the world miami would want to do is S&T Wade even if it means they get nothing in return for him....it's not like he's already under contract for the Heat and asking to go to Chicago

If Wade leaves, who do they have left? They're gonna get a whole lotta crap free agents to fill out a roster that only has 2 under contract for next year. Might be lucky and get Bosh, but I dont see that happening if Wade leaves. So, they would want to try and get SOMETHING back. Deng+picks at least gives them something to build with.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
Bucher, again, being opinionated.

"As for Chi hysteria over possibly no LBJ/Wade: you have a superstar, DRose. He needs a Robin + an Alfred, not a Batman. He's had neither."

Just proves he's a moron. DRose is no batman. He's good, but not THAT great. He is the perfect Robin to someone's Batman. Alfred=Noah?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
If Wade leaves, who do they have left? They're gonna get a whole lotta crap free agents to fill out a roster that only has 2 under contract for next year. Might be lucky and get Bosh, but I dont see that happening if Wade leaves. So, they would want to try and get SOMETHING back. Deng+picks at least gives them something to build with.

yeah i see what your trying to say but if they just let him walk they may be able to get a few decent FA's (Lee/Allen/Boozer) and not have to take on Deng's crap of a contract which is hindering us right now as we speak

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 07:45 PM)
Just proves he's a moron. DRose is no batman. He's good, but not THAT great. He is the perfect Robin to someone's Batman. Alfred=Noah?

Well, Rose might be a Batman in two years. He is still very young. In two years, his numbers could be very Dwyane Wade-esque. Granted, I still want another top option to go along with him, but Rose isn't even close to the player he will become and that player is, IMO, likely one of the top ten players in the NBA.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
Getting away from this for the day was good for me.

Ditto. I think I am in a place where I'm not believing anything until they are signed. No rumors, no hear say.

@PDcavsinsider - Based on several people who have talked to LeBron in last 72 hours, he is giving impression he's undecided after last week's meetings. He really likes Rose & Noah. But there's lack if shooters on roster. Also it doesn't sound like he's exactly being welcomed by Rose. Also, can confirm several reports of a rift between Wes Wesley & James camp. Wes was indeed pushing Chicago, I'm told. At this point, LeBron has tightly closed ranks, only seriously talking about decision with a couple people. Which is why so little info.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)
@PDcavsinsider - Based on several people who have talked to LeBron in last 72 hours, he is giving impression he's undecided after last week's meetings. He really likes Rose & Noah. But there's lack if shooters on roster. Also it doesn't sound like he's exactly being welcomed by Rose. Also, can confirm several reports of a rift between Wes Wesley & James camp. Wes was indeed pushing Chicago, I'm told. At this point, LeBron has tightly closed ranks, only seriously talking about decision with a couple people. Which is why so little info.

Interesting...that's the first thing I've heard about Rose.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
Interesting...that's the first thing I've heard about Rose.

I heard Sam Smith mention the Rose/Lebron thing as well potentially being an issue on the radio here a day or two ago. As well as one other person, but unfortunately I can't remember who it was. But that is definitely out there.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 08:21 PM)
Yeah, there is no way Miami would do a sign-and-trade with us. Absolutely zero.

I'll bet they would for Rose. It's a moot point because the Bulls wouldn't do it but what a great way to save face. They do the right thing by sending Wade close to his family and get back a stallion on a rookie contract to build around. Some Miami writer threw this suggestion out there.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 10:18 PM)
I heard Sam Smith mention the Rose/Lebron thing as well potentially being an issue on the radio here a day or two ago. As well as one other person, but unfortunately I can't remember who it was. But that is definitely out there.

This makes no sense to me. I thought Rose and LBJ were on friendly terms, unless it's an ego thing -- which is even more strange as DR seems like a very laid back guy.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)
Also, can confirm several reports of a rift between Wes Wesley & James camp. Wes was indeed pushing Chicago, I'm told.

Ya I figured that much hence the "not good" post.