NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:46 AM)
so, goin to bed, but gotta say i'm lookin forward to some nice substance-free posts all day tomorrow while i slack off at work again. I especially want some nice hypotheticals from Bucher such as : "Lebron done deal to chicago" then "I meant if Chicago was his hometown and he was drafted by them already, and still had noah and rose it would be a done deal, if i was him."

:notworthy

Lebron's ego is so big, it's no surprise to see him doing something like this.

It's just quite sad to watch really. There's really not much class at all in doing something like this, when there are a bunch of other guys who are FA's who have to wait until this situation plays out before they can sign with anyone basically.

Got this from Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld FWIW;

Several sources indicated that James' advisors Maverick Carter and Randy Mims could be traveling to New York on Wednesday and sources have hinted that James will be joining them for the trip. Sources also said that Carter and Mims have been picking the Knicks' brains for details and information on their salary cap and free agent plans over the past few days.

Theyre all over LeBron to the Knicks on M&M. Unless they have Carmello Anthonys word in blood that hes going to the Knicks next year it would amaze me if he went there. Knowing that Bosh might be out of the picture helps us IMO. Assuming LeBron thinks Miami will be a power in the EAST now it would really shock me if he didnt put himself in a position to compete with them for the next 5 years. If he goes back to Cleveland he will have a large task getting through the EAST. Same with the Knicks.

Oh boy.

The Bulls need to pull off something big now...they need to trade Deng for some cap and a piece or two then go to Ray Allen and Boozer and get them to sign and convince LeBron its the only way he has a chance to combat a Heat team.

I suppose with the Knicks, Lebron, Amare and Gallinari is an excellent 3-some to build around.

They'll probably go after Felton or Ridnour to get a decent PG also.

I just don't think they can win a championship under D'Antoni even with Lebron.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 06:59 AM)
Lebron's ego is so big, it's no surprise to see him doing something like this.

It's just quite sad to watch really. There's really not much class at all in doing something like this, when there are a bunch of other guys who are FA's who have to wait until this situation plays out before they can sign with anyone basically.

Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking this. 1 hour "special" on ESPN? Really? One of the ESPN analysts called the signing "historic"... The kind of bloated ego I see with this makes me think a lot less of him.

To calm myself a little.

If the Bulls can get Boozer and Allen it'll basically tell LeBron "Look, this is the only place you can beat whatever mega team Miami is putting together."

The Heat-Bulls rivalries would be insane if LeBron came here.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 07:26 AM)
To calm myself a little.

If the Bulls can get Boozer and Allen it'll basically tell LeBron "Look, this is the only place you can beat whatever mega team Miami is putting together."

Exactly what Ive been texting back and fourth with my brother. He wont win the east in Cleveland anymore. If he goes to the Knicks he is banking on next years FA. Bulls are his best shot at winning multiple rings.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:26 AM)
To calm myself a little.

LeBron set his time for the announcement last night and he probably already knew what Bosh was doing. His decision is made. Nothing the Bulls can do now to change his mind. Hell, at this point, he would be calling these guys and recruiting for whatever team he is going to.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 07:35 AM)
LeBron set his time for the announcement last night and he probably already knew what Bosh was doing. His decision is made. Nothing the Bulls can do now to change his mind. Hell, at this point, he would be calling these guys and recruiting for whatever team he is going to.

But, LeBron was trying to recruit Bosh as late as last night, so this could change his plans.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 07:35 AM)

yup...my guess is lebron got wind that bosh wasn't going to cleveland, and decided to bolt and make his mind up independently.....I'm thinking he is going to New York, which is why Bosh went to Miami. Had LeBron gone to chicago I think Bosh would have followed.

of course this is 100% pure speculation and likely entirely inaccurate....

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:37 AM)
But, LeBron was trying to recruit Bosh as late as last night, so this could change his plans.

It was clear that Bosh wasn't going to Cleveland before the announcement.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:39 AM)
yup...my guess is lebron got wind that bosh wasn't going to cleveland, and decided to bolt and make his mind up independently.....I'm thinking he is going to New York, which is why Bosh went to Miami. Had LeBron gone to chicago I think Bosh would have followed.

of course this is 100% pure speculation and likely entirely inaccurate....

The one issue I have with that statement is that neither Wade nor LeBron was going to leave home to team with Bosh from how it appears. I think they wanted more money than Bosh if they were on the same team.

However, NY might be where he ends up if he believes Melo will go there.

Well f*** me.

This doesnt even belong in this thread but it really does.

My car from the all wonderful Carmax tanks out on me again last night. Wake up to hear that Peavy injured himself pretty horribly last night and then to top it off the Bulls are completely striking out on FA. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just hoping LeBron comes here or stays in Cleveland. If so, the Bulls could still get Boozer/SG and be competitive. The East will not have one amazing team, but rather six really solid teams (Cavs, Heat, Hawks, Bulls, Celtics and Magic). Then again, if LeBron comes here, the Bulls are probably still the best team or at least around the Celtics and Magic. Heat as constructed have two really good players and s***. I am really not sold on them being that great with just the Big 2.

the bulls are going to really have f***ed up this entire offseason.....at the very minimum you better freaking get boozer/lee now...but lets be honest, if LeBron signs elsewhere, the only two decent personnel moves this front office made was drafting Rose over Beasley (which landing #1 was pure luck, but at least they made the right choice), and drafting Noah instead of Spencer Hawes. Everything else has been a disaster with this team

they planned for a year and a half for this offseason acquiring expiring contracts and whatnot....when you do that, you hope to become a title contender, not sign carlos boozer and become the trailblazers of the east

Rotoworld is running with the Bosh and Wade to Miami story right now.

Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are expected to announce they'll be joining the Heat on Wednesday.

As for LeBron James? Cleveland still looks like his destination, but that is not final. Bosh, who may or may not be part of a sign-and-trade deal, and Wade to Miami is not final either, but it sure sounds like they've both agreed to go play for Pat Riley. Bosh reportedly turned down the chance to go to Cleveland, but it does still sound like it's possible that LeBron will join them in Miami. We'll likely not hear much out of LeBron's camp until Thursday night, when he'll hold the world hostage for an hour on the World Wide Leader.

LeBron James appears to be looking at returning to Cleveland, or joining Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami.

Wade, Bosh and LeBron have been talking about playing together for weeks, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard, and Miami clearly has a chance at signing all three of them. And with news that Wade and Bosh are going to Miami together, you have to wonder if the Cavaliers will make enough changes to their lineup to please the King. We won't know officially until 9 p.m. on Thursday night, but Miami appears to be a real possibility for LeBron now.

I'm excited that Wade and Bosh will be in Miami, but Wade's ego is yet another reason I haven't had a favorite player on the Heat since Caron Butler left.

Heat need to add a PG like Felton and a center like Haywood to truly compete this year.

If the Bulls get Boozer and a SG like Redick, it's going to be a hell of a battle in the East.

I have said all along LeBron's personality "fits" with NY, so I won't be surprised if he's a Knick with Amar'e.