NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:58 PM)
Does anybody remember D-Wade's post a few days ago on Twitter that said "I'mma start a website called what little do they know.com"? Seriously Wade, go f*** yourself for that.

Ya he said afterwards l2ms. Heads was the one who cracked that code a week ago.

Anyone see Mo Williams tweet?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 01:00 AM)
Ya he said afterwards l2ms. Heads was the one who cracked that code a week ago.

Anyone see Mo Williams tweet?

Well f***, I gotta be honest. I'm sick ass a dog. I feel like my heart has been pulled out. But I'm happy for my friend. s***ttttttt

Ace

You cant just give up if your the Bulls.

They may not have the star power, but a solid team with a great system can win 4 out of 7 games.

There will be a huge bulleye on the Heat, they will get the other teams A game every night. Well see what happens.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:03 PM)
Ace

They may not have the star power, but a solid team with a great system can win 4 out of 7 games.

There will be a huge bulleye on the Heat, they will get the other teams A game every night. Well see what happens.

I was obviously posting in hyperbole. I did post a few minutes prior for the Bulls to get a SG and a sniper and depth on the bench. I like our team alot actually, so we'll see what Gar/Pax does.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:06 AM)
They did what they had to do all along. Beasley had to go, and they got needed space. Pat Riley and company are looking like gods right now.

The only person's repuatation that has improved in all of this is Pat Riley. The man really IS a god. Can't believe he got them to agree to this. Has done EVERYTHING RIGHT.

check that. . . Kobe's popularity has improved exponentially tonight as well. If he can slay the 3 headed dragon then he will be America's hero.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:09 AM)
The only person's repuatation that has improved in all of this is Pat Riley. The man really IS a god. Can't believe he got them to agree to this. Has done EVERYTHING RIGHT.

check that. . . Kobe's popularity has improved exponentially tonight as well. If he can slay the 3 headed dragon then he will be America's hero.

Yeah, Kobe is now going to be a hero to many. I'm very perplexed right now. I hate Kobe but what these 3 did isn't right. They are taking the easy way. Who do I root for?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:03 AM)
Ace

Well, considering the money that Bulls fans have gifted JR since Jordan left, the Bulls shouldn't give up. Over a decade of ineptitude and yet still the most profitable NBA franchise in the game. I think they owe it to the fans to embrace the spirit of Gilbert's letter and build a team to beat the Heat (goodness know poor Dan Gilbert and Cleveland won't be able to do it). It would be awesome to see someone from the Bulls front office say they take this as a challenge and think big. Instead, I imagine the next big signing will be someone like Keith Bogans or Roger Mason.

Of course, in reality, I think there's no way Miami loses a 7 game series. But the point of owning an NBA franchise isn't to throw up your hands say that there's no hope of winning this decade. The Bulls should make a move (probably trade) for a good 2 guard or think even bigger than that. Pay the tax when it's time to extend Rose and Noah.

QUOTE (aprec32 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
Yeah, Kobe is now going to be a hero to many. I'm very perplexed right now. I hate Kobe but what these 3 did isn't right. They are taking the easy way. Who do I root for?

I am going to root for Derrick Rose, Noah, Boozer, and co. I hate the Heat more than any Yankee, Cowboys, Lakers, Steelers, Patriots team ever assembled and they haven't even played a game. If the Heat like the target on their back, good . . . they cast a giant one on their back tonight.

Wade Bron and Bosh are villains now, plain and simple.

QUOTE (aprec32 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)

If Kobe's team meets that team in the NBA finals and he somehow beats them... you know he will be heavily thrown around with Jordan as the GOAT alot with this crazy media.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:16 AM)
If Kobe's team meets that team in the NBA finals and he somehow beats them... you know he will be heavily thrown around with Jordan as the GOAT alot with this crazy media.

I know I know............That would be a worse case scenario, but a very likely one.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:22 AM)
Gilbert should have left it at the letter.

Now hes hanging himself with his own rope.

Miami will be good, but I think that there can be some interesting strategies to use against them depending on their ultimate line up.

I think the Celtics can hang. And everyone is giving the Heat the championship right now......I still don't know how they stop Kobe and Gasol. None of the 3 they signed are able to do that.