5/27 GT: Sox @ Tampa Bay - 6:10pm CDT

T R U

I'm not getting my hopes up, but you never know.

That's the way I would like to look at it.

3 losses in 4 games would be what I've grown to expect from the team. Sox "should" be as loose as they've been all year after playing decent of late.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 27, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
I am getting the feeling that the Paper Tiger (CQ) is having injury issues.

In May, Kotsay's putting up a .955 OPS, Jones is putting up a .750 OPS, and Quentin's putting up a .635 OPS (.581 on the road).

Even if he's healthy, he hasn't earned playing time right now.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 27, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)
Based on what? just a hunch?

Yesterday he sort of landed or ran through first base awkwardly in the 6th or 7th inning I think. He didn't appear to injure himself, but it certainly looked scary to me. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with that. I immediately thought, oh crap, not the turf toe again...hope he didn't rip it again...

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 27, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
Yesterday he sort of landed or ran through first base awkwardly in the 6th or 7th inning I think. He didn't appear to injure himself, but it certainly looked scary to me. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with that. I immediately thought, oh crap, not the turf toe again...hope he didn't rip it again...

I must have missed that.

I really think CQ is getting a day off because he isn't performing.

Quentin is a bust, I wonder how long the gamethreaders will hang onto that fine thread of hope that CQ will ever be good again?

Also, we take at most 2 games this series, but I'd put money down on the danks game, and only that one

QUOTE (Real @ May 27, 2010 -> 02:26 PM)
Quentin is a bust

Ya your already wrong. You are considered a bust when you haven't done s*** at the MLB level at all, especially when you are/were considered a top prospect. Now... you can call him a one year wonder, a guy with a fluke season, injury prone player who was amazing for a season, etc.. but bust players don't go .288/.394/.571/.965 148 OPS+ (5th in MVP voting, though would had won if he didn't get injured) in any year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 27, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
Good for Jake. He hasn't lost his desire with his lousy start to the season.

His attitude has been great.

HE'S A GRINDER, A TRUE DIRTBAG! GMAFB, he's not getting paid a fortune to be a motivator. He's getting paid to perform, and hopefully he starts doing so.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 27, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
If Peavy goes out and bombs against the Rays, i'm going to be pissed. He needs to start backing up his talk.

This is when Ozzie needs to step up and say "Tampa sucks against LHP this season. Buehrle only went 3 innings last game, so we're going to have him pitch Sunday and then you get Monday's game".

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2010 -> 05:19 PM)
This is when Ozzie needs to step up and say "Tampa sucks against LHP this season. Buehrle only went 3 innings last game, so we're going to have him pitch Sunday and then you get Monday's game".

Then, Ozzie sends Buehle to the mound Monday night, and is confused when no batter or umpire stands in against him and the stadium is empty.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
Lineup for Sox Thursday - Pierre LF, Pierzynski C, Rios CF, Konerko 1B, Kotsay DH, Jones RF, Teahen 3B, Ramirez SS, Beckham 2B - No Quentin

A part of me dies when I see the lineups we put out on the field everyday.

Its insanity, but I keep expecting us to put out a real major league lineup when we have at the most 4 legit major league hitters right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 27, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
Then, Ozzie sends Buehle to the mound Monday night, and is confused when no batter or umpire stands in against him and the stadium is empty.

Ha, we don't play Monday? I would have thought for sure we'd be playing on Memorial Day.