June Catch All White Sox Thread

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)
Reloading doesn't work with this coaching staff. This same topic was just debated in the other thread. I would rather see a youth movement now.

The youth movement doesn't work with this organization. Kenny will either trade them or they will have a major deficit in a certain skill. Most often it's defense.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 08:10 PM)
How is it people here don't get this yet?

1. KW doesn't do rebuilding.

2. The Sox realize that they can't dive into a 3-4 year rebuilding expedition, because the fan base won't show up. They retool on the fly, that's what they do. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, though the past decade (2000-2009) has been the most successful for any Chicago baseball franchise in the modern era, so it obviously works more often than not.

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but everyone should just forget the idea of some huge 5+ player purge and rebuilding exercise. Not happening.

It's too bad the strike broke up the mojo our team had in the 90's. We had something like the 3rd best record in baseball from 90-94.

I feel like the Chicago media is covering the wrong story today. The Blackhawks will very likely win another Stanley Cup in the next 5 years. Lillibridge will never hit a longer home run than he did last night. Poor White Sox, always getting the s***ty press coverage.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:04 AM)
I feel like the Chicago media is covering the wrong story today. The Blackhawks will very likely win another Stanley Cup in the next 5 years. Lillibridge will never hit a longer home run than he did last night. Poor White Sox, always getting the s***ty press coverage.

Exactly, Brent should be on the front cover of the Trib and the back cover of the SunTimes.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
Exactly, Brent should be on the front cover of the Trib and the back cover of the SunTimes.

Cover of SI this coming week should say "Lillibomb", and show his pose. I just hope the SI jinx doesn't cause him to go into a funk. What's the chances he can keep up is .500 batting average?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)
Cover of SI this coming week should say "Lillibomb", and show his pose. I just hope the SI jinx doesn't cause him to go into a funk. What's the chances he can keep up is .500 batting average?

:lol:

As long as he doesn't get another at bat, he'll keep his .500 BA.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 04:19 PM)
:lol:

As long as he doesn't get another at bat, he'll keep his .500 BA.

Well, he could not get another at bat all year, and the way things are going, he'll end up with the same amount of home runs as Beckham/Buehrle/Pierre/Vizquel/Barry Bonds combined

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
Shut up Jake! We're having to rebuild cause you've been the biggest underachiever on a group of underachievers!

Ide almost rather just trade him now to get out of that contract..

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
Shut up Jake! We're having to rebuild cause you've been the biggest underachiever on a group of underachievers!

This, exactly!

What an annoying mouth he has become, I can appreciate the bulldog mentality but man, take a look in the mirror Jake!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
I'm betting that sounds worse than the actual conversation by being compressed into a tweet.

If we were totally going to try and rebuild, Peavy would be moved anyways..

I think the only thing well do is deal AJ, Putz, Jenks, Jones.. maybe look into dealing Konerko or Thornton

But they are still going to keep most of the core people.. so its not gonna be a total rebuild anyways..

Here's my example of what I mean...

if the question was asked as "If the Sox give up for a couple years and want to do a complete rebuild, would you be open to a trade and waive your NTC?" and Peavy answered "Yeah, in that case I'd want to be traded, but they're not going to do that", the tweet with his answer could sound a lot worse.

Yup.

"I just want a chance to win,'' Peavy said. "I believe it can happen here. I'm excited to be in the situation. Nothing's changed just because we haven't played well. I'm excited to be in a situation where you talk about it's not going to be a rebuilding process. If that were the case, I would certainly try to be moved, but that's the least of my worries.

Hat tip to justBLAZE in the game thread for the link.

Reinsdorf on the behind the scenes tension betweeen KW and Ozzie. Heres's a very interesting secion from KW.

"We are both very competitive men, strong-willed men," said Williams, talking about his relationship with Guillen, the club's manager. "I believe in self-assessment, and I think you have to assess all parts of our operation from top to bottom to determine if it's, in fact, still a productive working relationship.

"Whether or not the maintenance of that relationship is such that we still have the drive to get through some things and still have the drive to get through some differences ... I'm still in that assessment mode for myself, in particular.

"That should not lead to the assumption that I mean that [Guillen] is the one [who may benefit from a change of scenery]. If I determine that I am the one that is the cog in the machine, then I am the one who will stand in front of [White Sox chairman] Jerry Reinsdorf and tell him so and step aside. ... I will not deny that I am growing weary of the soap opera."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

Edited by Thunderbolt