June Catch All White Sox Thread

Looks like Oney's done running his mouth (for now):

So I give u my word no more tweets about sox good or bad. Peace. 10 minutes ago via txt

And I'm done tweeting about the sox. I'm just a fan. If I offended u sorry. But my tweets about what's going on is all true. Peace 12 minutes ago via txt

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 05:38 PM)
Looks like Oney's done running his mouth (for now):

Looks like Oney got wind of this (from the article i posted on the prior page).

"Reinsdorf made it clear that Oney, Guillen's middle son, has a right to express his opinions now that he is no longer in the organization but added that Guillen would be wise to consider the impact of Oney's actions.

"Well, when he worked for us, then he had no right to have his own opinions published," Reinsdorf said. "He had to make a decision to keep mouthing off or keep working here. He made the decision that he wanted to keep publishing stuff.

"Therefore, I have no problem with him publishing stuff. As to the content of it, he and his father have to be the judge of whether the son of the manager should be saying things bad about the ballclub. People might think this is Ozzie's opinion. I talked to Ozzie and essentially what he said is these are Oney's opinions. It's up to Ozzie and Oney if he wants to keep doing it."

When apprised of Williams' comments, Guillen calmly stated that Williams had every right to make such a judgment in regard to his managerial status and the direction of the club. Guillen said on his first day on the job back in November 2003 that he understood that he, like all managers, was hired to be fired."

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
Maybe it's more "I'm tired of this crap, let somebody else fire Guillen."

If that's the case, i imagine we'll be seeing the start of the Rick Hahn era in the near future. All of this behind the scenes stuff is painting a very interesting picture. The reality show might be a perfect avenue to reveal a lot of that stuff to the viewing public.

So I didn't want to start another thread on this but......

f*** you Jake Peavy. I had been defending him as being taken out of context before, but you CANNOT talk about "being moved" with a f***ing 6 ERA and 3 good starts. If you were 3-4 with a 2.5 ERA and your team wasn't getting you runs, then you can say whatever the hell you want and I'd agree. But until he becomes more than the 3rd or 4th best starter on this team, go f*** yourself. I'm done.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 03:19 AM)
So I didn't want to start another thread on this but......

f*** you Jake Peavy. I had been defending him as being taken out of context before, but you CANNOT talk about "being moved" with a f***ing 6 ERA and 3 good starts. If you were 3-4 with a 2.5 ERA and your team wasn't getting you runs, then you can say whatever the hell you want and I'd agree. But until he becomes more than the 3rd or 4th best starter on this team, go f*** yourself. I'm done.

It's also frustrating because let's not forget this is someone that turned down a trade earlier in the year last season. Now, it's like he's advocating to get moved.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
If that's the case, i imagine we'll be seeing the start of the Rick Hahn era in the near future. All of this behind the scenes stuff is painting a very interesting picture. The reality show might be a perfect avenue to reveal a lot of that stuff to the viewing public.

Wait, that's real? I've seen it mentioned, but I thought it was just a joke about the pissy attitudes between some members of the management.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:28 PM)
Wait, that's real? I've seen it mentioned, but I thought it was just a joke about the pissy attitudes between some members of the management.

It's a show called The Club, produced by the media arm of MLB, I believe.

It's supposed to air at the beginning of July I think.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
It's also frustrating because let's not forget this is someone that turned down a trade earlier in the year last season. Now, it's like he's advocating to get moved.

I'm a firm believer in you can say whatever the hell you want if you can back it up. If MJ wanted to tell everyone to suck his balls, I would have to agree and drop to a knee. But when a below average pitcher thinks he's still top dog, he needs to shut the f*** up. The only thing that should ever come out of that idiot's mouth is "I apologize for being so terrible and I will not quit until I turn things around".

I don't think he's done as a pitcher and didn't want to get rid of him. But f*** that now, dump his ass and I won't miss him. He lost my support and hopefully many more fans.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
I'm a firm believer in you can say whatever the hell you want if you can back it up. If MJ wanted to tell everyone to suck his balls, I would have to agree and drop to a knee. But when a below average pitcher thinks he's still top dog, he needs to shut the f*** up. The only thing that should ever come out of that idiot's mouth is "I apologize for being so terrible and I will not quit until I turn things around".

I don't think he's done as a pitcher and didn't want to get rid of him. But f*** that now, dump his ass and I won't miss him. He lost my support and hopefully many more fans.

But..but.. it was taken out of context!

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)
But..but.. it was taken out of context!

I think you're being sarcastic here, but you're 100% correct if you're not. I'm impressively disappointed that we're still talking about this.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 07:33 AM)
I think you're being sarcastic here, but you're 100% correct if you're not. I'm impressively disappointed that we're still talking about this.

I just wish Jake didn't speak and threw like the ace he is paid.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 10:19 AM)
I just wish Jake didn't speak and threw like the ace he is paid.

I wish he threw like the ace he was paid to be, but I'm not going to criticize him for answering a direct question he was asked by the press.

Peavy definitely has to pitch better, but the quote (which has had an extremely long life here) to me did not say he wanted to be traded. As a matter of fact, he said he wants to stay because the team will not be rebuilding.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
Someone said this in the Cubs thread too... what is he saying, and why does he care about Steve Stone? Is Steve Stone actually on the air with him?

Stone criticized Pinella's use of Tyler Colvin, media blew it up and it got hot. Steve responded on WGN but joked about it.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)
Stone criticized Pinella's use of Tyler Colvin, media blew it up and it got hot. Steve responded on WGN but joked about it.

I swear I heard Stone make a Santo joke.. he said something about someone losing their legs and then said "sorry Ron" as if he didn't mean to say it out loud..

Stone's interview with B and B was amazing. He made fun of Piniella stuttering, told Lou that he has been offered numerous front office job, Stone never made fun of Lou being a broadcaster, and he said that Lou might be 16th in all-time wins....but he has zero postseason wins with the Cubs.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 07:33 AM)

Nope. You get a pass for only 2 reasons: Taken out of context (which he wasn't) or if you're playing your ass off (which he isn't). Shut the f*** up until you start pitching like something better than a AAA'er.

If you want to be pissed, be pissed about everyone having a panic attack over some retard reporters baiting Oz or KW into saying "something crazy". I can't stand that s*** and this board spends a sad amount of time discussing every sentence. This is a player acting like he's the top dog on the team when he has been a MASSIVE bust thus far. f*** him